PETA have made a portrait of Morrissey out of vegetables for World Vegetarian Day

Re: PETA have made a portrait of Morrissey out of vegetables

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...adish-portrait-10165690#ICID=sharebar_twitter

morrissey.jpg

Morrissey has got a radishing new look for World Vegetarian Day on Thursday. In honour of Manchester’s most iconic vegetarian, animal rights group PETA has commissioned a portrait of the singer completely made from vegetables. PETA teamed up with food artist Prudence Staite to create the unique portrait. Morrisey’s hair is made from red onions and he is wearing a fetching jacket made from asparagus, broccoli and courgette.

looks really good though i hate eatting veggies and for the most part onion aside i dont. i dont et much in general i guess except sugar

Morrissey gets a radishing new look: New portrait of singer made out of vegetables for World Vegetarian Day - Manchester Evening News

morrissey_vegetables.jpg

Morrissey has got a radishing new look for World Vegetarian Day on Thursday. In honour of Manchester’s most iconic vegetarian, animal rights group PETA has commissioned a portrait of the singer completely made from vegetables. PETA teamed up with food artist Prudence Staite to create the unique portrait. Morrissey’s hair is made from red onions and he is wearing a fetching jacket made from asparagus, broccoli and courgette.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, it's an improvement on the Star Trek 'V' shirts he's been wearing recently.

On the downside, I can well imagine that somebody, somewhere, has seen this and is making a meat portrait right now.

The hair is well done w the cabbage. The orange eyes are creepy, I would've used deep purple/blue eggplant. Chin shadow reads as a goatee which morrissey should never ever sport based on this. :p

Looks more like Robbie Williams.

they didnt always look that dissimilar i thought.

as for the v shirts someone pointed o0ut that they kinda mimicked a football teams shirt and thats all i can see at this point

Looks more like Jim Bowen off Bullseye.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Lol, so true. How are you feeling these days, CG?

[video]https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/C5D591DFD01118264617068818432_29f7dd13f02.5.1.1184 0600206914534667.mp4?versionId=9XhP2HjtxfIbUEEhaw7 iPJDb3MpVuFDy[/video]

[video]https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/C5D591DFD01118264617068818432_29f7dd13f02.5.1.1184 0600206914534667.mp4?versionId=9XhP2HjtxfIbUEEhaw7 iPJDb3MpVuFDy[/video]

This is the first time I've ever laughed hysterically here. Usually I'm shaking my head at the ugliness. Thanks... that was awesome.

didnt he sorta rock the unshaven bearded look a bit durring the southpaw maladjusted period

That's universal. :)

I like this because it depicts Morrissey present day, not the one everyone likes to characterize him in drawings when was 23, skinny, and wearing Buddy Holly glasses. This one though is missing the sun burn and marinara sauce all over his face.

My favorite pic though would be the 1977 pic at the Grand Canyon with his sis from his deprived youth working in a factory in "Manc". Anonymous-

I can feel some Smiths/Moz vegetable puns coming on.

You just haven't earned courgette, Baby
Brocolli if you think you've heard this one before
The Kale is Dead
(for our American friends): Roy's Zuccini
The Boy with the Corn in His Side
How 'Shroom is Now
Kiss Me Allotment
Aubergine (Jeane)
Artichoke Hounds
Onion Concerto
The Harsh Truth of the Potato Eye
The Kid's a Leek