Pet Shop Boys Nearly Struck By Flaming Russian Satellite!

D

Dave

Pet Shop Boys Narrowly Escape Russian Satellite Debris And Prepare Live DVD

Veteran British dance act Pet Shop Boys had an extremely close call when they were flying over the Pacific Ocean recently thanks to a flaming Russian satellite.

According to the New Zealand Herald, the band were heading to Auckland, New Zealand from Santiago, Chile when flaming debris from the satellite came into the plane's airspace. The satellite was approximately 40 seconds away from colliding with the plane and so close the pilot heard the object fly past as it broke the sound barrier. Nobody was injured in the incident and the plane arrived safely in Auckland.

By making that close escape, they'll be able to promote their awkwardly titled Pet Shop Boys — Cubism. In Concert/November 14th 2006/Auditorio Nacional/Mexico City DVD. According to the group's official website, the tentative international release date is May 14 — but that could be pushed back one or two weeks. Director David Barnard has been working on bonus "behind the scenes" footage featuring the band in Mexico City and commentary from them for inclusion on the disc.

The group's last studio album was last year's Fundamental. They have tour dates for Australia and Europe lined up from now until early June.

Here are the tracks on Pet Shop Boys — Cubism. In Concert/November 14th 2006/Auditorio Nacional/Mexico City:

* "Psycho Intro"
* "God Willing/Psychological/Left To My Own Devices"
* "I'm With Stupid"
* "Suburbia"
* "Can You Forgive Her?"
* "Minimal/Shopping"
* "Rent"
* "Dreaming Of The Queen"
* "Heart"
* "Opportunities/Integral"
* "Numb"
* "Se A Vide E/Domino Dancing"