Peru! Peru! My light’s hearthouse - Morrissey Central (28th Nov.)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Nov 28, 2018.

By Famous when dead on Nov 28, 2018 at 10:48 PM
  1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian Moderator

New Morrissey Central quote about the gig:

Nov. 28th

Peru! Peru! My light’s hearthouse.

"I know very well that the world won't listen. But, Peru does. Tonight's audience in Lima made Beatlemania look like a Kraftwerk audience. I am blessed beyond words."
    MORRISSEY.

[​IMG]

Features a crop of an Instagram image shared in the first page of this discussion.
    <Waves at Sam>
    FWD.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 4

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn
      Good military dictatorships. Duly noted.
    2. Thewlis
      Thewlis
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    3. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn
      Politics in every country tends to follow the same basic rules. Bolsonaro, who may or may not be a terrible person, was elected in no small part because of the failures of his immediate predecessors, one of whom, Lula, is still in prison for corruption and money laundering. The further a pendulum swings one way the further it swings the other. The sooner we get away from the assumption all on the left are angels and all on the right are devils or vice versa the better.

Countthree is absolutely correct that politicians are responsible for allowing such situations to arise, but that applies to both sides, not just when the side you don’t support gets into power. Centrist politics hasn’t been working for enough people in enough countries. The reason the liberal left is in retreat in many parts of the world is because people have perceived it as having failed, not because they’ve perceived it as having succeeded.

It’s happened in Italy, it even seems to be happening in Germany, Trump in the US, here with Brexit. People are still blaming fake news, the Russians, Facebook, Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage, Uncle Tom Cobley and all for Brexit, but I would argue Blair and Merkel were the root causes, both of whom are such great icons of democracy they’d flip a switch and reverse it in a second if they could.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Johnny Barleycorn
    5. beno the hipo
      beno the hipo
      Skinny must be besides himself with all these full houses. If he had a job and could afford he would
      fly over to agitate the people there. Big fat white dude haranguing people in english in the cantina.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. beno the hipo
      beno the hipo
      have you considered a job blowing balloons? in the future email your delusional rantings
      about paul anka directly to skinny and save us some bandwith,will you, mate?
      • Like Like x 1
    7. lanterns
      lanterns
      i find the comparison funny. where is the insult? can we just accept the fact that audiences are indeed different without having to be better or worse than the others?
      neither would kraftwerk nor any other classical music ensemble feel at ease with a hyperventilating morrissey crowd, and morrissey wouldnt feel blessed any longer if confronted by a crowd of composed admirers. he made that clear. he lives and breathes in a different musical sphere. he doesnt say that his sphere is better than the other.
      he would most likely consider an audience's controlled manner his personal failure, namely for not having being able to make them cum during his concert.
      kraftwerk folks in contrast are by nature more detached and dont want an audience that cums publicly.
      but there is no insult against kraftwerk audiences. it is just an ironic contrast or juxtaposition of two different musical worlds that exist peacefully next to each other.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Oh my god. it's Robby!
      Oh my god. it's Robby!
      been to lotta Kraftwerk gigs, they were pretty jumping, not like a Moz show of course, still an unecessary dig :straightface:
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I KNOW! Kraftwerk stink. :barf:
    10. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Yes, I can't wait to get on stage to give them a big hug and a kiss. :ha-no:
      I'm 100%certain you're a computer.
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      This feels as stupid as when some american dude was wondering if there was going to be a riot at the Cocteau Twins gig at Brixton Academy in November 1990.
      Not bloody likely.
    12. scumbag
      scumbag
      It was a European matter, sure.

And then Hitler praises America in Mein Kampf for refusing to naturalize “certain groups.” He also praised the USA for having “gunned down the millions of redskins to a few hundred thousand.” And the United States was his model for lebensraum, “living space” for Germans elsewhere in Europe.

Here’s an article about the United States turning away thousands of Jewish refugees: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/hist...ugees-fearing-they-were-nazi-spies-180957324/

It’s true that the United States accepts plenty of refugees historically. As long as they’re the right ones. Here’s some information on the current nativist-fueled dip in that trend: www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/07/05/for-the-first-time-u-s-resettles-fewer-refugees-than-the-rest-of-the-world/%3famp=1

I happen to live in the states. The place has a lot going for it. That said, fascism has been popular here for a long, long time. Not among all Americans. Or most Americans. But a significant minority who’ve been persuaded of bad ideas thanks to willful ignorance, ignorance imposed by a failed education system, and many more causes still exists. And they happen to be vocal and violent.
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      LOL, well said, but to be Frank, Skinny himself is realising supporting the jealous is futile. Hopefully he is answering quiz questions in his last leg local LOL ooooh Yorkshire folk grow rubharb lolol
    14. ACTON
      ACTON
      That comment makes me feel seriously queasy.
    15. ACTON
      ACTON
      Now please go to a zoo and climb into a lion enclosure. They might like some rancid meat.
    16. scumbag
      scumbag
      There’s also the electorate to consider. The left in the states proclaimed mission accomplished while ignoring large segments of the population and the issues they face. I’m thinking of working class people like coal miners, the elderly, homeless veterans and homeless youth. What little was done was only said: abstractions layered on abstractions. And if someone asked what was actually being done, well, they were missing the larger picture. It reminds me of dismissive lines like “not now comrade. To do so would be counter to revolutionary goals.”

The far right is caught up in its own abstractions. They’re easily summarized as “family, country, work.” Where there are elections, voters tend to get what they want in politicians, then they whinge about having it delivered. Maybe when voters are willing to consider more than their immediate wants elected officials might address actual needs. But the shelves are full at Walmart, so I’m not hopeful.
      • Like Like x 1
    17. curious hair
      curious hair
      kraftwerk shows are a couple of computer nerds playing with laptops wearing patent leather shoes.
      beyond boring, thats why it must appeal to all the tossers here.
      • Troll Troll x 1
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Looks more entertaining to me than any of the braindead, mouth breathers that infest the front rows at any current Morrissey gig. Look again and then tell me who drinks the Kool Aid!
    19. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Good to hear from you B t H :thumb:
      I went to see a band called H M L T D at The Ritz in Manchester last week. Think you might like them, have a look, they blew the roof off the place ( see Proxy Love on Utube)

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
      • Troll Troll x 1
    20. marred
      marred
      Yes I do. If you had got that joke you wouldn't have been insulted. I'm guess by this comment you still don't get it. The joke was on skinny, not South America.