Peru! Peru! My light’s hearthouse - Morrissey Central (28th Nov.)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Nov 28, 2018.

By Famous when dead on Nov 28, 2018 at 10:48 PM
  1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian Moderator

New Morrissey Central quote about the gig:

Nov. 28th

Peru! Peru! My light’s hearthouse.

"I know very well that the world won't listen. But, Peru does. Tonight's audience in Lima made Beatlemania look like a Kraftwerk audience. I am blessed beyond words."
    MORRISSEY.

[​IMG]

Features a crop of an Instagram image shared in the first page of this discussion.
    <Waves at Sam>
    FWD.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 4

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Nov 28, 2018.

1. countthree
      countthree
      Use your imagination.
    2. Raphael Lambach
      Raphael Lambach
      Yes. Brazil will drowned in shit next year. Bolsonaro is cancer but he'll rule my country under Trump signs -- the inspiration for all this crap. Far-right parties are up to us.
    3. countthree
      countthree
      The Nazi party was an European matter, so it's insulting for America (North or South) to be linked with such a political process. Even more when the two Americas welcomed the victims and refugees of WW2.

4. marred
      marred
      Yeah I thought that quite obvious.
    5. A tune of my own
      A tune of my own
      "My light's hearthouse". :D Morrissey is feeling very playful. Peru has been good for him.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn
      Even Kraftwerk is solo now. I think only Hutter remains of the original lineup. It’s all getting a bit Drifters now, sadly. We’ll all get a chance to join.

As for South America I thought there have been a slew of ultra right-wing military dictatorships across the continent over the decades. Brazil, Argentina and Chile most famously in the sixties, seventies and eighties. Peru itself under Alvarado, Paraguay under Stroessner, Uruguay too. Didn’t one of Bolivia’s old dictators die earlier this year? Most of the continent seems to have suffered either hard right lunatics or hard left lunatics. No wonder Brazil has moved to London.

None quite plumbed the awful depths of the Nazis, but if you are being rounded up on the streets and murdered by men in military uniforms I doubt the distinction matters to you.

I blame the conquistadors. Bloody Spanish. Going around the world telling people what to do...
      • Like Like x 1
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    7. ACTON
      ACTON
      I quite like Kraftwerk but I've never been to a Kraftwerk concert so I can't comment on that. I do think Moz's comment is funny and is a reminder of his humour from the 80's. Barbed but playful. I like it.

p.s. I find some of Kraftwerk's songs emotional and warm, such as Neon Lights. To me, their definitive album is The Man Machine. I am also loving the Quantum Gate album by Tangerine Dream.
      • Like Like x 3
    8. Lost and found
      Lost and found
      Some people here are sickeningly serious.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Then please go to a Kraftwerk site.
    10. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn
      I was reading that Bowie invited them to support him on his Station To Station tour but they turned him down.

In the late seventies there was a truly terrible TV talent show - New Faces, I think - and one group won it for weeks by nicking from other acts. One week it would be a Beatles rip off, the next rockabilly, then country and so on. One week they stole The Robots. At the time I didn’t know what the hell it was. Then The Model got to number one here - twice - and that was the first time I had heard of Kraftwerk, although they’d made it on to the BBC’s flagship spreading jam on a CD programme...

A genuinely great and hugely influential band. That few years between Computer Love and Tour de France was my favourite. I tried to get tickets to see them when they did shows at Tate Modern a few years ago, but like Led Zeppelin at the O2 I don’t think many real people got in.
      • Like Like x 2
    11. NealCassidy
      • Like Like x 2
    12. Morrissey_Sucks
      Morrissey_Sucks
      A Kraftwerk concert is certainly 100 times more enjoyable and positive than any Moz concert. Have seen both and I’m 100% certain my opinion is correct.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    13. countthree
      countthree
      Those you name were military dictatorships that took the power by force, they didn't win elections backed by political parties, they were supported by foreign agencies and everybody knows it. The only cases of elected racists until now are Trump and Bolsonaro. A huge self criticism should be done by traditional politicians for being responsible of throwing people in those hateful arms. Imagine how immense is the lack of political alternatives and how serious the situation must be so that common people found themselves forced to vote for such obviously bad persons.
    14. countthree
      countthree
      Lucky you that can enjoy it, I can't imagine to remain in one of those concerts... awake. But I wish I could, they look cool. Maybe too cool.
    15. countthree
      countthree
      Did you know some jokes can be insulting?
    16. Bluebirds
      Bluebirds
      There are nearly 20000 Brazilians in Dublin allegedly. When I was there last year the air B n B we stayed at was hosted by Brazilians -who picked us up from the airport and then invited us into their auntie's birthday party whilst they dropped her cake off.
      It was all quite surreal tbh
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Yes, but bhops's post was only a mockery of Skinny. He didn't actually mean it.
    18. countthree
      countthree
      Guess I overreacted. Sorry bhops.
    19. MiserableLie95
    20. Morrissey_Sucks
      Morrissey_Sucks
      I’ll take this:

Any day over The Bullfighter Must Die!
      • Like Like x 1