Perth, Scotland - Perth Concert Hall (June 15, 2011) post-show

Update June 16, 4:55pm PT:

Links to reviews from an anonymous person:

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

The Boy Racer / I Want The One I Can't Have / Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / Speedway / Alma Matters / Action Is My Middle Name / The Kid's A Looker / People Are The Same Everywhere / I Know It's Over / Satellite Of Love / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat is Murder // One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by mbb321

Last edited:
I have never seen Morrissey in concert before as I was not alive for most of his career as I am fourteen. When I found out that the upcoming tour would be in the Highlands, I had to go. The setlist was really good and I particularly loved "Irish Blood, English Heart" and "Ouija Board". I don't really understand why people think he seemed grumpy because me and my mum thought that he seemed generally relaxed and he made a lot of effort to acknowledge everyone. As for everyone saying he didn't say goodbye, he sung "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell" for a reason. And he waved!

My mum saw Morrissey in The Smiths :( and couldn't wait to see him again after at least twenty-five years. She was not disappointed! She thought the set was "truly professional" and she thought it was a lovely atmosphere. We both agreed that his voice sounded better than ever.

The only downside was the support band was abysmal and it didn't seem to fit in at a Morrissey concert, but the intro clips were brilliant and they built up the anticipation really well.

His shirts were nice too! :)

What a lovely review. And in the Boy Racer video he said "Thank you." after the song, I'm not sure why everyone is reporting that he said NOTHING.

great setlist though sunday couild bew replaced by a Kill Uncle albums song, or ' sister I'm a poet'
'alsatation cousin' maybe

me thinks he has a roulating setlist, as I posted before, but it's definately worthy for a 50 euroo ticket

july/aug is a long time

Viva Morrissey

Look at the setlist people, who cares if he didn't say much. Yes I like his random comments too but I go to gigs to hear the songs, not for the chat.

I'm gutted I'm not seeing him this time around because the setlist looks awesome. Every song is great with the exception of, I'm sorry to say, the three new ones. That's fine, I just hope he waits until he has stronger material before releasing another album, he shouldn't feel rushed into making another one. I'd rather wait another five years or so if it meant another great album than just an average/dull one quite soonish. But that's just my opinion, the guy obviously does what he wants.

Anyway, setlist = pure awesomness. I Know It's Over, I can't wait til I hear it! (assuming some kind people are going to upload videos/audio). Speedway, Ouija Board, There Is A light........amazing. What strikes me about the choice of songs is how a lot of them are quite sad, which kind of contrasts with the generally happier Moz of recent times. I dunno, maybe he didn't seem too happy for a reason. Pure speculation though, just what struck me from reading all the songs.

Don't understand why people are so grumpy, the setlist looks amazing and from what I've seen/read it appeared to be a good gig. Fair enough be critical about things from time to time (I am myself sometimes, eg the new material) but some people appear to be almost wanting him to fail. The guy has been about now for nearly thirty years, we should be thankful that he's still about and giving us such enjoyment, and as his recent albums have showed, still capable of producing good music. So quit with the nastiness. We're gonna miss him when he's gone.

playing 3 consecutive, brand-new songs after Alma Matters is ill-advised... perfect time for fans to take a piss though.

Which is what I did! I knew what was coming after the first few opening notes of People Are The Same Everywhere and headed straight to the toilet for a piss.

great setlist though sunday couild bew replaced by a Kill Uncle albums song, or ' sister I'm a poet'
'alsatation cousin' maybe

me thinks he has a roulating setlist, as I posted before, but it's definately worthy for a 50 euroo ticket

july/aug is a long time

Viva Morrissey

Spell check next time you thick gobshite.

Moz was fantastic, didn't talk much but still brilliant! He has such a great voice, especially considering his age! Support band were pretty crap, the singer was a joke, although the drummer seemed to be making an effort. The standing crowd weren't the best, some of them were rude beyond belief. Overall not the most enthusiastic audience. Still, really good performance and I'm very glad I went :)

Guys!!

Definitely, the set list is wonderful and there's plenty to complain, because as he says "people are the same everywhere, " after all is not enough to please Greeks and Trojans !!!!!

Dj EDson Laars a.k.a. "Magoo"

Projects Lexotan & Superfreak

Will agree that the crowd was slightly tame. For a moment I wasn't even sure we'd get an encore, since hardly anyone was going for one. Then again, that might be the price he pays for playing little towns like that. More townsfolk, fewer diehards. Still, a great set. Hopefully Inverness will be even better.
Intro music was The Operation drum solo, if noone's pointed that out. Exitus was a Klaus Nomi song (Death?). During the pre-show tape I heard GenX I think, some rockabillyish band covering 'Trash' by the Dolls, Magazine 'My Mind Ain't So Open' and that 'War! Huh! What is it good for'-song.

We'll perk him up when (if) he gets to Leeds

i was there he was amazing such star presence the setlist was just perfect as was he .stop all your bloody whinging the lot of you expect to bloody much from the man i was right at the front and what blue eyes he has love you moz even though i missed my last train home to edinburgh and had to flag a taxi.

troll post

He came out with a bottle of Buckfast wearing a Tony Tiger (Frosties shirt.) Before Meat is Murder he said something about Jesse's meat goes in and out? Overall great setlist!

Last edited by a moderator:
Morissey is a diva right? He is a rude man, fancy not speaking to ur fans who have traveled miles and paid money to see him. I traveled from Glasgow - and it ain't cheap you know? I was expecting a shout-out from Morissey at least...."Hello Peeerth! Rocknroll Yeaaah" or something. But nothing! WTF?
And he needs to change the setlist, I mean no "charming man"?? WTF. He needs to play more hits. Me and my girlfriend were hoping to hear charming man, it is his biggest hit after all. What is the matter with Morissey? And Morissey needs to do something about the ticket prices....I mean 6 quid for service charges! Id pay £40 for some quality band like MUSE once a year but not Morissey. Also his choice of venue is crap....Perth? beyond belief. He is a right divva. Next time Morissey, play Charming man!

He came out with a bottle of Buckfast wearing a Tony Tiger (Frosties shirt.) Before Meat is Murder he said something about Jesse's meat goes in and out? Overall great setlist!

Ban request. Sick f*** making fun of Mel. Unbelievable what some people will do.

Morissey is a diva right? He is a rude man, fancy not speaking to ur fans who have traveled miles and paid money to see him. I traveled from Glasgow - and it ain't cheap you know? I was expecting a shout-out from Morissey at least...."Hello Peeerth! Rocknroll Yeaaah" or something. But nothing! WTF?
And he needs to change the setlist, I mean no "charming man"?? WTF. He needs to play more hits. Me and my girlfriend were hoping to hear charming man, it is his biggest hit after all. What is the matter with Morissey? And Morissey needs to do something about the ticket prices....I mean 6 quid for service charges! Id pay £40 for some quality band like MUSE once a year but not Morissey. Also his choice of venue is crap....Perth? beyond belief. He is a right divva. Next time Morissey, play Charming man!

That's a shame ain't it. f*** off and see Muse then. Maybe you'll stop pissing and moaning.

That's a shame ain't it. f*** off and see Muse then. Maybe you'll stop pissing and moaning.

People pay money to see quality bands.....people need to be dealt with respect....not saying a word is rude! And why did he not play charming man??? wtf

People pay money to see quality bands.....people need to be dealt with respect....not saying a word is rude! And why did he not play charming man??? wtf

He played charming man throughout the Refusal and Swords tour if you were paying attention.
As this is a new tour he clearly wants to freshen it up, which is shown in the new set
Morrissey is an unpredictable performer, some nights he'll be chatty others he won't
it's luck of the draw i'm afraid

First Morrisey gig.
I thought he might have ackowledged people at the gig but hey ho that's life.

First Morrisey gig.
I thought he might have ackowledged people at the gig but hey ho that's life.

What is refusal and swords mate? Never heard of em mate. Are there some "indy" groups? Morissey still should have speak to his fans and play more hits, charming man and everyday is like monday!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom