Perth, Scotland - Perth Concert Hall (June 15, 2011) post-show

Update June 16, 4:55pm PT:

Links to reviews from an anonymous person:

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

The Boy Racer / I Want The One I Can't Have / Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / Speedway / Alma Matters / Action Is My Middle Name / The Kid's A Looker / People Are The Same Everywhere / I Know It's Over / Satellite Of Love / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat is Murder // One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by mbb321

Last edited:
His voice is very good. The setlist is nearly excellent. His might not be so energetic, but that depends on his mood and he is 52 for God's sake. Some people are never pleased...

Nice setlist. Hope he is brave enough to leave it intact for the festival shows.

Morissey should change the set list! I mean he did not play "This charming man"! What is that all about?? He should have played some more hits too. I also think it's rude not to speak to the audience. I had traveled all the way from Glasgow for F*** sake - and not a word from Morissey! Not cheap travelling from Glasgow you know. Ticket was £45 - the postage was too expensive! Morissey should do something about the ticket prices. And to walk off like that! what a cheek. He is a rude man. I was expecting at least "Hello Perth" shout out from Morissey, but no. What is the matter with him??? Is he a diva or something?
He should call it a day.

Morissey should change the set list! I mean he did not play "This charming man"! What is that all about?? He should have played some more hits too. I also think it's rude not to speak to the audience. I had traveled all the way from Glasgow for F*** sake - and not a word from Morissey! Not cheap travelling from Glasgow you know. Ticket was £45 - the postage was too expensive! Morissey should do something about the ticket prices. And to walk off like that! what a cheek. He is a rude man. I was expecting at least "Hello Perth" shout out from Morissey, but no. What is the matter with him??? Is he a diva or something?
He should call it a day.

What!!!!!! The set list was amazing, especially the first 3/4. People travel from all over to see Morrissey. I'm sure no-one forced you to go, and if that's your attitude I'm sure you wouldn't be missed if you didn't. Morrissey Rules!!

Thats from my mate. He has, I think, 9 full song vids but his arm kept getting sore!

Dont belive the haters...last night was a great gig, he is on top form, the set list is amazing and his voice is in fine fettle.

Off now to Inverness tomorrow night...cant wait.

Follow me on twitter.... paulmacdonald19

"With your triumphs and your charms, well, theyre in each others arms"

A fabulous change of set
I'm stunned to see no inclusion of ganglord or How soon is now, the man has seen the light haha!
Morrissey is very unpredicatable live as we all know
let's be thankful he made the first show

Everyone who is unhappy about last night can pump it their a**e. I had a great time.

Legend of a man, you're gonna miss him when he's gone!

This was my first time seeing Morrissey as I haven't been alive for most of his career and I have only really discovered him through my parents in the past couple of years. I was not disappointed.

I think the definite highlights for me were "Ouija Board" and "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell".

I do not understand where everyone is getting the grumpy thing from because I think he seemed anything but. He really connected with the audience and the few words he did say meant a lot. His voice was in great form, better than I thought it would be, and it really was fabulous.

I feel last night just proved how much I really love him.

I go to any show for the songs. Yes, Moz's inbetween banter can add to the evening, but ultimately it's about the songs. So I can't really understand the bellyaching over this when he delivered a setlist that is easily the finest since the 'comeback' shows of 04. Where are the audio/video clips??? I must hear "IKnow It's Over" and "Satelite of Love"!

The setlist is great...speedway, ouija board, meat is murder, I know it´s over, boy racer...I mean...why do some people complain about everything...it´s good to see him back...with the best setlist since years...

The reason he was in a bad mood was some dick threw a tshirt at him.show started off great.took a bit of a dip with the new songs.

The reason he was in a bad mood was some dick threw a tshirt at him.show started off great.took a bit of a dip with the new songs.

The shirt was thrown at him fairly late on - He had said next to nothing before this. He was having a hissy fit about something and I don't think it was anything to do with reaction to new songs or someone throwing a t shirt at him/towards him (Christ it wasn't a bottle and it was a gift!).

It was a great gig - I'm just making the point that it's nice when you make the effort to see someone, they make the effort to show some appreciation.

I have never seen Morrissey in concert before as I was not alive for most of his career as I am fourteen. When I found out that the upcoming tour would be in the Highlands, I had to go. The setlist was really good and I particularly loved "Irish Blood, English Heart" and "Ouija Board". I don't really understand why people think he seemed grumpy because me and my mum thought that he seemed generally relaxed and he made a lot of effort to acknowledge everyone. As for everyone saying he didn't say goodbye, he sung "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell" for a reason. And he waved!

My mum saw Morrissey in The Smiths :( and couldn't wait to see him again after at least twenty-five years. She was not disappointed! She thought the set was "truly professional" and she thought it was a lovely atmosphere. We both agreed that his voice sounded better than ever.

The only downside was the support band was abysmal and it didn't seem to fit in at a Morrissey concert, but the intro clips were brilliant and they built up the anticipation really well.

His shirts were nice too! :)

Seems like a great setlist, and the videos I've seen of Oujia Board, I Know It's Over and Boy Racer are great. Setlist reminds me of the Oye Esteban tour, which was fantastic.

As for those complaining of lack of between-song banter... did none of you see Moz in the 90s? He didn't complete a sentence between songs until sometime around 2002.... it is not "rude" nor remotely unusual for him to remain quiet between songs.

playing 3 consecutive, brand-new songs after Alma Matters is ill-advised... perfect time for fans to take a piss though.

It started at about 855 and finished just after 1005, which meant I could get my last train home and be in bed for midnight!
The audience wasn't great, most boring group of people I've seen at a Moz gig, and I've seen him 7 times now. Lots of little pockets of people not paying attention to anything but the Smiths songs. The 100 or so in front of the mic were bouncing away, but other than that, pretty dull.
As for Moz himself, pretty standard performance, seemed to be "phoning it in" a little. A bit of between song chat and a goodbye would have been nice.
About halfway through, someone threw a yellow tshirt at the stage and it narrowly missed his head. The look he gave whoever threw it was pure hate. Then 10 seconds later, some dick threw what looked like a scrunched up ball of paper at him but it missed. It was the same dick who I saw groping two women outside at the bar, and then spent the first 40 mins with his back to the stage trying to "entertain" those of us unfortunate enough to be near him. Little pissed up short arse in a red polo shirt.

Will post more later, got to go to work now!

Death Disco, thats funny, exposing some idiot at a gig is something we should all do.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom