people whose popularity i don't understand (other than TATU -- tee hee)

> Aye, you're right Mind. He is indeed the spokesman for a generation.

> 'love is a rollercoaster' - wise words.

patrick, don't be so patronizing. i know it's retarded, i just like it anyway. it's all in good fun. i don't think it's intelligent.

> patrick, don't be so patronizing. i know it's retarded, i just like it
> anyway. it's all in good fun. i don't think it's intelligent.

I wasn't being patronising. I was being sarcastic.

Re: and if they don't believe me now, will they ever believe me?

> i thought millennium was a brilliant song. i just downloaded it again last
> night.

think i shall pick up his american debut "the ego has
> landed" soon. i also like "let me entertain you," "let
> the love be your energy," "angels," and "rock
> dj."

> also, i don't hate kylie.

I don't hate kylie either. In fact, I think I love her.

> think i shall pick up his american debut "the ego has

> I don't hate kylie either. In fact, I think I love her.

i think it's annoying that she seems to think she's still 17, but as far as dancepop goes, her's isn't bad at all.

did you hear about her playing olivia newton john's TEENAGE daughter in grease 3?

> i think it's annoying that she seems to think she's still 17, but as far
> as dancepop goes, her's isn't bad at all.

> did you hear about her playing olivia newton john's TEENAGE daughter in
> grease 3?

Bit iffy, that. But then again, ONJ is about 20 years older than kylie. So maybe she's playing a mom in her, say, late thirties? And she's what,52?53?
same thing, really,isn't it?

> i thought millennium was a brilliant song. i just downloaded it again last
> night. i think i shall pick up his american debut "the ego has
> landed" soon. i also like "let me entertain you," "let
> the love be your energy," "angels," and "rock
> dj."

Is "The ego Has landed" just a collection of songs from his first few British albums? Millennium is crap, it doesn't take much to rip off a James Bond theme. Angels is the biggest load of fake-emotional unheartfelt bullshit ever. Does let love be your energy have that crap fake-manga video in America as well? Sorry Mindy, I don't usually try to enforce my opinions on others, but God I hate Robbie Williams! I wish he'd sod off back to Stoke.

well it's not that weird considering none of the principles in the first (or second) installment were anywhere near high school age, but even so. at least olivia looked youngish (though not that young). kylie does not look even close to high school age. it's cute, i guess. i mean, one aussie songstress turned actress playing the mother of an aussie actress turned songstress. but then again, grease is one of the worst movies i have ever seen, so who really cares? (why i get so worked up over crap like this i will never know.)

> Is "The ego Has landed" just a collection of songs from his
> first few British albums? Millennium is crap, it doesn't take much to rip
> off a James Bond theme. Angels is the biggest load of fake-emotional
> unheartfelt bullshit ever. Does let love be your energy have that crap
> fake-manga video in America as well? Sorry Mindy, I don't usually try to
> enforce my opinions on others, but God I hate Robbie Williams! I wish he'd
> sod off back to Stoke.

roughly half the songs on "the ego has landed" are from his first british album. the other half is from his second. i liked robbie right away when i heard that album title. it's immensely clever and self-deprecating. i like how it doesn't just play off his reputedly smug personality, but also plays off the british pronunciation of "eagle." very charming. i have only seen three of his vids (millennium, angels, and rock dj), so i wouldn't know about the vid you're talking about. but yes, i don't mind if you hate robbie williams. i think he's fun! he's not really famous over here, but i heard he might get his own tv show since a lot of higher ups in the entertainment industry are very impressed with him.

robbie williams is more talented than jennifer hopez --- but then...

it's not as though you like her for her (lack of) talent anyway!

"i liked robbie right away when i heard that album title. it's immensely clever and self-deprecating"

Yes, his record company did well there. Good choice by the men (and women) in suits.

that's a bit harsh. i read that robbie really does write most of his own lyrics, so it doesn't seem farfetched to me that he chose that title. and even if i've been misinformed, the lyrics are still pretty damn good -- far better than most crap that's popular now. and i don't see any conflict in my liking both moz and robbie, since, as i mentioned before, moz is/was a fan of many acts who didn't/don't write their own tunes.

Re: Jennifer Lopez

> well, i thought the cell was crap. out of sight was pretty good though.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
We REALLY have different taste in movies!!!!!!!
I thought the imagery/cinematography in The Cell was some of the best to come out of Hollywood in absolutely years. I can't think of anything that comes close on that score. A complete head-f#ck of a film!

> but you are right. i despise jennifer hopez. i mean, i hate gwyneth, but
> even she is infinitely superior to jennifer lopez. my how low ben affleck
> has sunk.

Ben Affleck could go no lower after "Pearl Harbour".
Re. Gwyneth, grrrrrrrrrrrr - not taking your bait ...

Kylie- the NEW people's princess!

Ah, we agree at last!

Re: How can you say that........?

At least she can do a wee bit of acting and was in movies before all the hype of the last 2 or 3 years. Admittedly her movies now stink and the singing is lamentable.

But she was an actress before all that.
Name one talent of that twat williams. Go on, name one.

> that's a bit harsh. i read that robbie really does write most of his own
> lyrics, so it doesn't seem farfetched to me that he chose that title. and
> even if i've been misinformed, the lyrics are still pretty damn good --
> far better than most crap that's popular now. and i don't see any conflict
> in my liking both moz and robbie, since, as i mentioned before, moz is/was
> a fan of many acts who didn't/don't write their own tunes.

Its clear that Robbie's "Writing partner" wrote the lyrics. And the lyrics are crap

Re: Jennifer Lopez

okay, normally i dig serial killer movies. i thought the art direction and all that stuff in the cell were phenomenal, but the movie itself left a lot to be desired.

and you're right, pearl harbor was probably the beginning of ben affleck's descent into suckiness (although armageddon was pretty f***ing bad).

Re: How can you say that........?

> At least she can do a wee bit of acting and was in movies before all the
> hype of the last 2 or 3 years. Admittedly her movies now stink and the
> singing is lamentable.

actually, she got her start doing horrible hiphop dance routines on the urban sketch comedy show "in living color," a brilliant show which introduced jim carrey to the masses, as well as several prominent black comedians (the wayans bros, et al.). i should add that she was really hideous back then, so i wonder if she's either had a little work done or she owns shares in cover girl. her singing is indeed lamentable, which leads me to this point:

> But she was an actress before all that.
> Name one talent of that twat williams. Go on, name one.

robbie williams's is not! he has a good kind of lounge singer crossed with liam gallagher voice. i enjoy it. he also writes much better lyrics than "don't be fooled by the rocks that i got/ i'm still, i'm still jenny from the block." you cannot even try to tell me i'm wrong on that point! jennifer has been in maybe one and a half good movies ever. (selena was a dumb movie. i feel bad for that girl, but really, her music was not very good. so the two movies i refer to are "out of sight" and begrudgingly "the cell" for crushingbore's sake. some might say "u-turn" was also decent. anyway, no one should forgive her for the last two or three years of fecal matter (albeit in movie and music form) that she has foisted on us. i don't care how hot she allegedly is, she deserves death.

i really think that robbie writes most of his own lyrics, although he probably doesn't have a hand in the instrumentation. we aren't going to agree on this one, i'm afraid. i like him; you don't. let's agree to disagree.

Back
Top Bottom