People who hate Morrissey

M

mauve21

Guest
It has recently occurred to me that people who don't like Morrissey
are very apt to criticise those who do. It happened to me very recently
someone close to me launced a verbal attack upon me for being a Morrissey obsessed
fan and now that I've thought about it I do believe she has not the slightest
inkling of the breadths and depths and political implications that lie therein.
For it is not just about Morrissey, it is about an attitude and certain
sympathies and of course recriminations for the world in which we have to live in.
There, I've said my piece.
 
D

dazzak

Guest
I could love someone who didn't love Moz. I could never love someone who hated him.
 
J

Jo Jo70

Guest
> I could love someone who didn't love Moz. I could never love someone who
> hated him.

Ditto. No more than I could really love someone who ate meat or supported The Countryside Alliance. Or who voted Tory and quite liked Status Quo.
Hope I'm not narrowing my opportunities down too much there!
 
J

Jo Jo70

Guest
And very well said Mauve. Morrissey is indeed a life choice.
 
S

sigarfut

Guest
Re: Hate is such a harsh feeling

> I could love someone who didn't love Moz. I could never love someone who
> hated him.

Someone special really would have to tolerate Morrissey even if they could not quite love him.
 
T

The Seeker of Good Songs

Guest
As Mark's dad said in the television program "Gentle Ben," in response to Mark, who said about the his pet bear after the bear had made friends with a dolphin, "I hate that bear dad",

"Mark, don't hate. It's not good to hate."
 
S

So Ugly So Ugly

Guest
Tell your "friend" fake freeyourse1f (data-hotel.net) responsible for many Moz-hate posts recently

"freeyourse1f" is not the real freeyourself.
He uses a '1'(number one) instead of a 'l'.
He thinks he's being very clever.
he's a repellent individual who used to go by the name "Rain Man".
Here is rain man/fake 'freeyourse1f', the revolting ginger freak.
Ugliness on a grand scale.




http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/hahahee/rainman.jpg
 
K

katie

Guest
i hate it when people have a go at me, and my personal characteristics, just for liking morrissey

his music got me through tough times, and i greatly admire that, if people don't agree then fine, but no need to scream at me
 
S

SRA

Guest
> i hate it when people have a go at me, and my personal characteristics,
> just for liking morrissey

> his music got me through tough times, and i greatly admire that, if people
> don't agree then fine, but no need to scream at me

People who hate Morrissey or dislike him because of he's supposedly 'miserablist' music tend to do so because they are scared.

Remember England particularly, with it's stiff upper lip and gentlemanly tradition, is quite an unemotional and stoic country. A lot of people who feel sadness and anguish feel they cant express it because of this perhaps. That's oneof the things thats so great about Morrissey, for me anyway, that he says all the things that people try to brush under the carpet, that everything isnt great and that others away from 'the norm' have a voice too, he speaks for us in some way on the very highest stage.

And essentially that is what a lot are afraid of in their hatred of Morrissey when they dont know much about him other than his lazy miserablist tag, that they recognise and sympathise with the lyrics, but dont want to, because they feel they shouldnt. Because, well, it's too close to home, and it's too near the bone.
 
D

dirk buggered

Guest
I think "Hate" is far too harsh a word. People don't hate him, how can you hate someone you don't even know.

There is something going on though I agree, I was speaking to someone a few weeks ago who said he liked The Smiths a lot but was put off by Morrissey's voice. Strange.
 
B

Ben

Guest
Don't forget that "Morrisey" is that gay guy from the Smiths, and we do live in a homophobic world.
 
D

dirk buggered

Guest
> Don't forget that "Morrisey" is that gay guy from the Smiths,
> and we do live in a homophobic world.

No it wasn't that he was homophobic, he's a drummer in some band or other and he admitted that most musicians adore him (Morrissey that is). There is a divide though with some people who appreciate The Smiths music but find the lead singer hard to stomach.

I don't understand it either, after all he basically was The Smiths. I'm just curious as to why people feel this way. Absolultely not homophobia in this case, believe me.
 
T

tbevie

Guest
Well to quote the man himself,

"I think admiring me, shall we say, is quite a task. Because if you say you like Morrissey then you have to explain why"

So true Morrissey, so true
 
T

the lunatics have taken over the asylum

Guest
> Well to quote the man himself,

> "I think admiring me, shall we say, is quite a task. Because if you
> say you like Morrissey then you have to explain why"

> So true Morrissey, so true

Not really, I have to explain nothing to no one.
 
T

tbevie

Guest
> Not really, I have to explain nothing to no one.

Good for you. I try to have the some attitude, but it doesn't stop people questioning my taste in music, which is beginning to annoy me ever so slightly.
 
T

the lunatics have taken over the asylum

Guest
> Good for you. I try to have the some attitude, but it doesn't stop people
> questioning my taste in music, which is beginning to annoy me ever so
> slightly.

Why?
The few I speak to are converted after "The Smiths Singles".

Maybe an idea for a Christmas present.

A better idea is...Speak to no one.
 
T

tbevie

Guest
> Why?
> The few I speak to are converted after "The Smiths Singles".

> Maybe an idea for a Christmas present.

> A better idea is...Speak to no one.

Unfortunately the people I speak to can't be converted, so I think I'll go with your second idea and speak to no one.

Good night, and a Merry Christmas to you.
 
F

freeyourse1f

Guest
> It has recently occurred to me that people who don't like Morrissey
> are very apt to criticise those who do. It happened to me very recently
> someone close to me launced a verbal attack upon me for being a Morrissey
> obsessed
> fan and now that I've thought about it I do believe she has not the
> slightest
> inkling of the breadths and depths and political implications that lie
> therein.
> For it is not just about Morrissey, it is about an attitude and certain
> sympathies and of course recriminations for the world in which we have to
> live in.
> There, I've said my piece.

I know what you mean, but when you are having the hardest wildest animal sex with even a Morrissey-despising Britney-loving neanderthal whose ripped dino cock is scrubbing the shit off your anus which you will later lick off with great pleasure, the last thing you should be thinking about is your devotion to Morrissey.

After all, Morrissey is nothing but a fantasy, isn't he? His music which we've paid for should be the tools to our happiness, not the chains of our misery. If we somehow subject ourselves to the slavery of his ideas which in the end prevents us from finding our true love or even simple happiness, now isn't that beside the point of enjoying Morrissey or music in general in the first place?
 
I

I'm not surprised rain man wants to be freeyoursel

Guest
My God!Who's the ugly ginger guy?Is that rain man/fake freeyourse1f? HAHAHAHA!!!

"freeyourse1f" is not the real freeyourself.
He uses a '1'(number one) instead of a 'l'.
He thinks he's being very clever.
He's a repellent individual who used to go by the name "Rain
Man".
 
M

Mr.Improper PIMP of the fuckin nation...and proud

Guest
> It has recently occurred to me that people who don't like Morrissey
> are very apt to criticise those who do. It happened to me very recently
> someone close to me launced a verbal attack upon me for being a Morrissey
> obsessed
> fan and now that I've thought about it I do believe she has not the
> slightest
> inkling of the breadths and depths and political implications that lie
> therein.
> For it is not just about Morrissey, it is about an attitude and certain
> sympathies and of course recriminations for the world in which we have to
> live in.
> There, I've said my piece.

"People who hate Morrissey"- Can go f*** themselves.
 
Top Bottom