Penis = dick, citrus scented floorboards, & more: Rare '92 Moz interview

joe frady

Vile Refusenik
From the festering Frady Archive, an exceedingly rare, previously undocumented Morrissey interview conducted at Bowden in March '92 by Michael Bracewell; their first published encounter. It featured in the June 1992 issue of 'ES' magazine, the colour supplement to the London 'Evening Standard'. Moz isn't even mentioned anywhere on the cover, and is tucked away on the contents page amidst the 'Diary' section as 'At home with Morrissey'. Accompanied by a previously unseen Polachrome portrait by Anton Corbijn. Enjoy :)

4478138757_86168bd4c9_b.jpg

4478765178_e28803b515_b.jpg

Re: Penis = dick, citrus scented floorboards, & more: Rare '92 Moz interview.

thank you for scanning and posting. that was very entertaining. :thumb:

Thanks for posting, JF. A queer little interview indeed. :)

nice one...did this appear in the Conversations book?

Thanks joe -

What a lovely scene: Tea with Morrissey in his silent Victorian mansion on a cloudy afternoon.

How very goth. :D

Thanks, Joe! I had not seen this one before.

Linder and Bracewell are described as partners/married. Bracewell also interviewed Moz in the noughties. That was a nice one, but I am still haunted by that photo of Moz in Bono sunglasses by the Vegas slot machine.
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/content/interview/times/

Bracewell's interviews of Moz are quietly brilliant, but i'm afraid his novels and non-Moz prose are rubbish. I have not cracked open "England Is Mine" since I bought it, and I slogged through 3 chapters of an advance copy of his book on Roxy Music before I gave up and mailed it to someone who said he would really appreciate it.

I remember reading a long time ago about how his floorboards seemed to smell of orange, but it wasn't this interview. I've never read this one before. Thanks for posting it!

Thanks for the thanks :thumb:
Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks you, Joe, for your efforts. Please keep digging into the archives. :D

Lovely,
thankyou for sharing. :)

Tags
interview
Back
Top Bottom