Paul Simonen arrested

I like how doing something for personal gain is selling out. Do you have a job? Sellout.

Morrissey makes us pay to buy tickets to see Him perform. Sellout.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/nov/15/clash-paul-simonon-arrested-greenpeace

Whilst Morrissey and Marr sell themselves out to corporates, Paul Simonen is doing something unbelievable; he worked as a cook to infiltrate Arctic oil rigs for Greenpeace (I'll conveniently forget The Clash selling their songs for ads!)

Wonderful article/video.

Musical icons are people too, and they sometimes make dubious decisions like the rest of us. Paul Simonen has performed above and beyond the call of duty on this one though. Very inspiring! :guitar:

You can see my thoughts on the Clash by looking at the avatar i've sported around here for an age, they where always my band even today 33 years later from when i first saw them. There is, was no better live band and i've seen plenty. Heroes all and this just goes to prove. Especially paul simonon the worlds coolest bass player.

I like how doing something for personal gain is selling out. Do you have a job? Sellout.

Morrissey makes us pay to buy tickets to see Him perform. Sellout.

I lost my irony in the Ibis ironing room

Back
Top Bottom