Passions Just Like Mine RIP

Re: Passions Just Like Mine RIP

Are you really Morrissey?

16598.jpg

I'd like to add my thanks for all your work over the years , Stephane. Being able to check the sound quality of a particular bootleg before downloading was very helpful ( especially back in my pre-broadband days). As someone else mentioned , the "Under The Influence" section of "Passions..." was a great way to further explore some obscure Moz reference and I spent a fair bit of time doing so. Would love to see the website ( in some form or another) up and about in the future. Again , thanks for your time and effort, Stephane.

There's no need to give yourself all that trouble. The site will resurface, perhaps under a different form, under the supervision of new parents. I can't let all those years of hard work just disappear.

Interesting suggestions have already been made, but I want to let the dust settle before taking the next step.

Stephane

Whew!

Hi,
THANK YOU for all Stephane !!!!!!!!!!

My copy of How Soon Is Now? by Richard King arrived yesterday and only three websites are mentioned in the acknowledgements section: PJLM, Cerysmatic Factory (the Factory Records resource) and Caught By the River (the brilliant online magazine). Great to hear that Stephane's work will continue in some form or other.

Would it be possible to incorporate passions here at solo? Let the pages be taken on as they are and have a team of members maintain them. I know there would be those among the collectors who would see it as a privelidge to maintain passions, and keep Stephane as an honorary guardian if he doesn't want to be involved his self. What do you think David T?

This is the most obvious, logical solution to the issue at hand: just amalgamate the two sites into one

D. Tseng would have loads of financial donation help if he had to buy the site, and the upkeep would give Uncleskinny and Kewpie something else to do with their time

not to mention that said amalgamation would completely bury TTY as the only Morrissey site worth paying attention to.

As nice as it sounds to incorporate Passions Just Like Mine into Morrissey-Solo (I think it has been done with other Morrissey websites in the past?) I'd me more interested in Flax's message...

Thank you for everything Stephane.

If there's anything I can do to help, I'm here.

Bringing together the most beautiful Morrissey website with the most comprehensive makes a lot of sense to me. Or at least spending the time to explore the possibilities...

Dave

I agree Dave,

The joining up of PJLM and VP would make a truely awesome webpage.

A lovely idea to join Passions and Solo, but if it happened how long afterwards would the take down letter arrive?

If memory serves, I once met Stephane in the parking lot of NUDES NUDES NUDES (of all places) near Los Angeles Int'l Airport to sell him rare Smiths vinyl out of the back of my trunk. Despite these seemingly very shady circumstances, he was a class act, and I am glad to have met him and am sorry for the loss of his site. Best of luck to him on his next project(s).

RIP and farewll for original Passions Mark I

Welcome Passions Mark II!! :D

Passions was an amazing resource! Here's a glass raised in toast to Stephane ! May your hard work resurface, I loved looking up information on my collection and hope to do so again!

Pardon me mr Goddard et al but Stephane will always be THE Morrissey biographer. I cried.

And, oh, Stephane never cut corners,

Many, many thanks Stephane
I got a heck of a lot of research for my books (gig dates / support bands / general info on releases on records / videos etc etc etc and your site proved to so invaluable to me and will be sorely missed by anyone looking at researching The Smiths & Morrissey.

Thanks again
The pleasure, the privilege was ours

Phill Gatenby
aka Jukebox Jury

I went to PJLM yesterday to get some information, and I was deeply shocked to see that it had closed down. While I understand Stephane's desire for rest from this huge task, it's a shame that all the valuable info will now be lost forever. I wish the site would stay open as an archive with all the information compiled there available for us fans.

Stephane, thank you so much for all the great work you have done with your website!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom