Passions Just Like Mine RIP

Re: Passions Just Like Mine RIP

I agree Uncleskinny. I wonder if it's a money thing or what. I'm sure some of us would contribute to help keep it up. Or someone could help with maintaining the site if it's too much work for Stephane. I hope he can explain what's going on.

Terrible news. If there's anything we could do to help it get back up, I'd be up for doing it.

P.

Terrible news. If there's anything we could do to help it get back up, I'd be up for doing it.

P.

Me too - definitely! A fantastic website which I will wholeheartedly miss. Many thanks once again to Stephane and trust that everything is cool (otherwise).

That is really bad news! What a sad prospect for the forthcoming time. Thanks for all your efforts, Stephane.

Would also like to offer my thanks to Stephane for his amazing work in maintaining the site over the years. Very sad to see it go. Whatever the reason, it's a damned shame.

Yeah this is just devastating news, and no one is prepared for it. No one saved a backup of the live histories? What a blow, seriously. How can you replace that? It's like someone burning the last copy of an essential book. It has the in depth data that Goddard's books can't go into due to the obvious restraints. I sincerely hope it will return.

I wholeheartedly agree with this ^^^.
Stephane, if you are reading this, hope you are well.

I'm in. let me know what I can do.

This is very strange, only a week ago we had "Collecting the world of Morrissey" thread With Stephane requesting scans from members now this? sad sad day.

Thank you Stephane , nobody will ever match your Website!
Cheers Moz

Just really sad to see this valuable resource disappear. Thanks for all the effort over the years Stephane.

If it is a financial decision I'd be happy to host it on my server gratis.

P.

I also agree with Uncleskinny and everyone else who is willing to support Stephane anyway we can. PJLM is a priceless source of info.

A huge, huge loss.

If it's a matter of needing support, Stephane should definitely let the fans here know, to see if anything can be done. At the very least it should be kept alive, as is, even if no more updates are made.

Perhaps David could take it on? Wouldn't it be a matter of hosting already-made pages?

Actually, the site was so good Morrissey should offer to pick it up. I won't hold my breath.

Well, the other side of that particular thought is this: perhaps Stephane was given an order to take the site down. :straightface:

Again, that crossed my mind too. Surely not, I mean that would be so petty. Surely not.

P.

Well, the other side of that particular thought is this: perhaps Stephane was given an order to take the site down. :straightface:

That's highly unlikely. On what grounds could such a mandate possibly be legal and enforceable?

Last edited by a moderator:

That's highly unlikely. On what grounds could such a mandate possibly be legal and enforceable?

It doesn't necessarily have to be. If I'm a small, independent site owner and a pop star's lawyers threaten me with even vaguely credible legal action, that's enough. The legal fight would ruin me even if I could win the case. Easier to walk away.

But I don't think Morrissey demanded he take the site down. Very unlikely. It's just a possibility that occurred to me (and Peter, and I doubt we're the only ones).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom