Passions Just Like Mine RIP

Re: Passions Just Like Mine - GONE

Could the 4H Club have anything to do with all this?

Re: Passions Just Like Mine - GONE

But you do understand the concept of encyclopedias right? They're filled with information you will never use, but they are useful to people now and then. PJLM is an information archive. A virtual encyclopedia on Morrissey.

Why the hate? I don't care about the 'frink' threads on this site but you won't see me hanging around those threads telling people they're wasting their time.

Really, nothappynotsad, why the hate?

Stephane

I need all the info you provide on your amazing site Stephane. I'm sure i don't need to say it but, ignore the jealous haters, as they are in a complete minority. They tend to think they know all about morrissey and get insanely envious of people like yourself who are invaluable to the moz community. Great work Stephane, can't wait to see the site up and running again!

The Wolvo Kid

Re: Passions Just Like Mine RIP

I will miss this site. It caters so much wealth of information including Fanzines, Books, Merchandise,Tours, etc. Gonna miss you, "passionjustlikemine". :(

it really was an invaluable source!

I quite agree. Trying to get these shows posted and doing research and what not, seeing how often the definitive version of information links back to PJLM makes me realize everyday the importance of what been lost. Very sad.

I quite agree. Trying to get these shows posted and doing research and what not, seeing how often the definitive version of information links back to PJLM makes me realize everyday the importance of what been lost. Very sad.

Of course, a lot of the "definitive" information was, how do I say this politely?, stolen from Solo and Solo members without their authorization or accreditation. I know I can say I am one of many users Stephane has stolen concert reviews from, altered it, and then posted it without giving credit.

Of course, a lot of the "definitive" information was, how do I say this politely?, stolen from Solo and Solo members without their authorization or accreditation. I know I can say I am one of many users Stephane has stolen concert reviews from, altered it, and then posted it without giving credit.

Don't flatter yourself too much. Each description was put together with 10-20 different sources: reviews posted on websites such as moz-solo, contributions sent to me by people who attended, audio bootlegs, youtube footage, etc. I spent 2-4 hours on each description to patch it all up together. Significant contributors were credited.

You cannot steal information that has been made public. I never got offended to see my descriptions copy-pasted all over the internet.

It's people like you who turned me off the world of Morrissey. I have to say my life has only been better since I started spending less time hanging around these parts.

Stephane

Stephane, please don't let things like this discourage you from getting Passions back up in some form. For every person who has something negative like that to say, I'm sure there are hundreds or thousands of us that are dying to have it back up. Seriously, every day I check to see if it's back up, or forget that it's down and almost try to go there until I remember it's gone. I hope you are still planning to get it back up. Thanks so much.

Don't flatter yourself too much. Each description was put together with 10-20 different sources: reviews posted on websites such as moz-solo, contributions sent to me by people who attended, audio bootlegs, youtube footage, etc. I spent 2-4 hours on each description to patch it all up together. Significant contributors were credited.

You cannot steal information that has been made public. I never got offended to see my descriptions copy-pasted all over the internet.

It's people like you who turned me off the world of Morrissey. I have to say my life has only been better since I started spending less time hanging around these parts.

Stephane

xAG94sJjEUuwUWZBjOkB3Q2.jpg

Stephane

It's a shame you feel turned off , Stephane. I know you've heard it all before but your site was such an uber-resource , especially for those of us in the far-flung corners. Hope PJLM gets up and running again at some stage...

Stephane

First you say he shouldn't flatter himself and then you go on to say that information posted online can't be stolen. Well, which one is it? Either you didn't reuse his review and he shouldn't flatter himself or you did and he shouldn't be offended by it (because according to you any information posted online is to be considered public). Enjoying a review and posting it on your site is completely acceptable when you give credit where it's due but it's not if you tweak a few lines and pass it off as something that you've written. Public content or not, plagiarism is plagiarism.

Yeah.... except he didn't post it anonymously. It was posted by !Viva Hate!.

Yeah.... except he didn't post it anonymously. It was posted by !Viva Hate!.

The problem with written communication is that tone doesn't really come through. So either I'm missing your sarcasm or you're missing that things posted by the handle !Viva Hate! are still posted anonymously.

The problem with written communication is that tone doesn't really come through. So either I'm missing your sarcasm or you're missing that things posted by the handle !Viva Hate! are still posted anonymously.

You can credit the source '!Viva Hate! at morrissey-solo.com', that's what I would do if I took something someone had written.

So I can steal all of Flax's album scans, steal all of "Stephane's information", host all of the bootlegs downloaded from Drifter's site and go start a website with a less tacky name & design while passing off all the work as my own and because they are "anonymous", you find no flaw or indecency in that?

You can credit the source '!Viva Hate! at morrissey-solo.com', that's what I would do if I took something someone had written.

That's nice, but it's not what you've written in the TOS:

"Any Content, creative materials, ideas, or suggestions you send to the Site by email or otherwise, including, without limitation, images, original artwork and text, will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. As between you and us, any Content you transmit or post to the Service shall remain your copyrighted work, but may be used by us or our affiliates for any purpose, and you hereby grant us and our affiliates a world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license to reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and post all such Content."

Back
Top Bottom