Pasolini is me

The first thought I had when I first heard YHKM was that Morrissey had finally come out which may have been a slight exaggeration. But I definitely think that homosexuality has something to do with the identification considering he also sings "Visconti is me", Luchino Visconti also being gay. And then there is also the line about Accattone, which leads the thoughts in direction to Piccadilly Palare. Granted, Accattone is not a male prostitute, but he is a pimp so at least he moves in the same world. Also, I think that Pasolinis fascination and love for young proletarian males can have something to do with the fascination. Think of Christian Dior and the line about kissing mad street boys from Napoli, Christian Dior could have done it but Pasolini actually did it.

So I think the fascination stems from the homosexuality and the underworld of prostitution and all of the shady existences that resides there.

Edit: And I forgot. Anna Magnani. She played a prostitute in Pasolinis movie Mamma Roma. So out of the four people in the song two are homosexuals, one a pimp and the fourth (at least in one movie) a prostitute.

I do agree with everything you write.

There could also be mentioned that in YHKM there is a reference to Piazza Cavour, which is known as a gay meetingplace

Back
Top Bottom