Paso Robles, California cancelled/postponed to 2018 due to inoperative on-stage heating

Tonight Paso Robles off .

Posted by baby j:

Morrissey goes low in Paso Robles..The announcement came at about 8:12p that the show was going to be postponed & rescheduled in 2018 due to an inoperative projector. Did I really drive all this way just to hear you say I don't want to sing tonight because your projector's broken?

Shortly before the announcement I had a feeling that it was getting too cold for him to sing.

Posted by beewee:

Show cancelled, postponed for a date in 2018. Lady came on the PA and stated on-stage heating not working. It was cold, about 48F and getting colder.

UPDATE Dec. 4:

Paso Robles officially cancelled according to email from Ticketmaster

Last edited by a moderator:
To all the people saying it wasn't really that cold, I thought it was bloody freezing and I'm used to the cold, being a Brit (even if of the southern wimpy variety). Was expecting Cali to be warm and what I got was the same temperature as back home right now. It got down to 4 degrees overnight on my phone which I didn't enjoy because my motel didn't do heating. Brrr.

The locals had all brought blankets to the gig and there was even the amazing sight of girl who'd brought a full duvet!

I completely understand why Moz wouldn't want to risk getting ill in that. No one wants to do a gig in an overcoat.

Despite the problems, it was actually quite a cool venue that seemed to be attached to a vineyard. There was a big wine selection if you're into such things and they gave it to you in a posh whisky tumbler glass. Never been to a venue that let you have real glass in the pit before. Very swanky. Felt a bit out of my league to be honest.

Maybe he found out the wine wasn't veggie?

Excuses are like assholes everyone got one. It’s a f***ing heater he can toss on a f***ing jacket and perform or buy some heaters at the local Walmart and put them around stage also it didn’t stop his fans from putting on jackets and paying money to go see his ass. It’s people and fans like you that enable his diva attitude where he can cancel shows on fans on whim because he doesn’t feel like doing the show.

He is a diva. But isn't that why we love him? I don't like roughing it either. Moz performing in a parka. Ahahaha. Not gonna happen.

WHAT A f***ING c***!!! Beyond happy that I decided to skip MSG in December. Been burned twice but never 12 minutes after the start time.

Tollywag chaps! Reckon us native Californians know a Nov 5th night in Paso Robles should not be 41 degrees. This was unusually cold. 55-65 degrees would be the norm for an early November night. Heaters weren't ordered for old Uncle Steve because they wouldn't of been necessary. Reckon me sick of all these foreigners and Brits saying "oh blikey m8, Steve is from Mankchester and "the uk" and he is used to the cold,. Well dumbasses he has lived in LA since 1996 and every time I see a pic from the Smiths days he was always wearing a long trench coat and scarves. He hates the cold, rain, England and Mankchester. Wake up delusional thick wackers.

Malfunctioning heater is an excuse by Morrissey or Vina Robles PR people- One of my friends who works at the venue sent me this message this morning-

There is and has never been a stage heater at Vina Robles and nothing was in his rider that demanded heat be provided, we have 6 portable propane heaters on site the tour opted not to use. Edie Brickel and Steve Martin performed in similar cold weather conditions a few years back (and opted for onstage propane heaters) It's just his excuse and apparently what he does.

You love him because he f***s you about and takes your money with nothing in return? You're mentally ill.

Did someone hijack your account? What happened to the Peter I thought I knew? I am not a masochist if that is what you are implying. Nor a docile body. Nor an obsessive member of the cult.

Malfunctioning heater is an excuse by Morrissey or Vina Robles PR people- One of my friends who works at the venue sent me this message this morning-

There is and has never been a stage heater at Vina Robles and nothing was in his rider that demanded heat be provided, we have 6 portable propane heaters on site the tour opted not to use. Edie Brickel and Steve Martin performed in similar cold weather conditions a few years back (and opted for onstage propane heaters) It's just his excuse and apparently what he does.

And the plot thickens! as usual.

...That said, if they do postpone as opposed to cancel, you will be given an option for a refund...
A more local news source mentions refunds:
“Please hold onto your tickets and visit the Vina Robles Amphitheatre website for the rescheduled show date. Refunds are available at the point of purchase.”

(Which is venue-speak for go away & annoy your credit card company).

Morrissey cancels Paso Robles show at the last minute, says he’ll reschedule.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/entertainment/music-news-reviews/article183028471.html

Regards,
FWD.

Here’s another thing to the people who are glad Morrissey didn’t perform at Paso Robles and hoping Morrissey wouldn’t catch a cold by performing in the cold and cancel a Hollywood Bowl show you f***ing low life’s only say that because your going to that Hollywood Bowl show, so in your little twisted and f***ed up and petty minds it’s ok for Morrissey to cancel on 3,000 people for a show but it’s not ok for him to cancel 18,000 for a show because you happen to be attending that show. It doesn’t matter if it’s 18,000 or 3,000, people got f***ed out of a show and money. Please spare us your f***ing excuses that it’s good he didn’t perform because it doesn’t f*** you out a show you paid for.

Dave Grohl played a show with broken f***ing leg, while a doctor was HOLDING IT IN PLACE and this twat can't handle the sub zero temperature of 48 degrees???? This has to be satire; I feel like The Onion put this out.

Dave Grohl played a show with broken f***ing leg, while a doctor was HOLDING IT IN PLACE and this twat can't handle the sub zero temperature of 48 degrees???? This has to be satire; I feel like The Onion put this out.

He was probably fully loaded up with opioids.

BREAKING NEWS: the concert has been rescheduled to 2065 so hang on to your tickets. Hope it's a nice day, folks.

THANK YOU. Nice to have information from someone who was actually there. :thumb:

this venue has some questions still to answer, very unprofessional, especially when dealing with a living legend.

OK, had a night to sleep on it, now getting ready to make the 3hr slag back home.

It's frickin cold here "right now".

PASO ROBLES, CA
as of 7:09 am PST
41°

PARTLY CLOUDY
feels like 41°
H 66° / L 35°
UV Index 0 of 10
My thoughts:
  • Paso Robles in November; I thought this was sketchy when the gig was first announced and I purchased tickets in August, decided to risk it, not surprised it was cancelled
    • no preshow videos made me begin to wonder, uh oh, this could be a no go
  • I too wondered how the cold "could/would" affect his vocals?
    • when we left temp reading in car was 47F and dropping, at 10:30PM it was 42F when he most likely would have been ending his set
  • Bottom line, was not worth risking the other upcoming dates and push him out there to perform, I get it and I don't blame him.
  • Hollywood Bowl will be no where near as cold as it was here at that time of night, in addition it is "cold dry air" up here in Paso Robles, Hollywood has more moisture in the air due to proximity to the ocean, it will be about 59F/60F when he comes on stage
  • Bound to be an issue from the get go for this show; if it's true that he showed at 6:00PM and then left after 15 minutes, the venue should have announced the cancellation but probably tried to max out $$$ by selling beverages/food and merchandise.
Looking forward to Hollywood Bowl, should be non issue. As a loyal, long time MOZ fan, I know when I travel to see him, that my wife and I make it a weekend/trip and enjoy ourselves with threat of cancellation always hanging in the air.

Tour is not in danger (in my eyes), only 4th show and cancellation, you'll read all the headlines. Bottom line, this show should have never been scheduled for this venue at this time of year.

It was quite cold to be standing there waiting for him. Maybe we're not all acclimated to freezing weather like you are, but that's not our problem. He has to think about his voice, & it's very risky for a singer to perform & sweat in the cold. It could lead to a cancellation of both Hollywood Bowl shows had he got a cough or chest cold. That would be very selfish of us to wish that upon him. I drove 3 hours there & back. But I'll be driving over 6 hours to still see him at the Hollywood Bowl. I'll be happy he won't be sick to do both those shows. And, I bet you anything they're testing & making sure the stage heater there is going to be working!

That makes sense. Maybe the venue was not the best choice, but it's obvious weather didn't help.

Did someone hijack your account? What happened to the Peter I thought I knew? I am not a masochist if that is what you are implying. Nor a docile body. Nor an obsessive member of the cult.

You seem okay with the fact that people showed up, some traveling long distance to see him, waited for an hour, purchased merchandise and was excited for the show, only to get f***ed over at the last minute. Morrissey knew this show wasn’t going to happen. The cancellation should have gone out earlier in the day. In fact, the show should not have been scheduled at all.

I used to live in the California desert, Jehne. It does get cold at night, but 48 degrees is not freezing, not at all, and he would have been fine.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom