Paso Robles, California cancelled/postponed to 2018 due to inoperative on-stage heating

Tonight Paso Robles off .

Posted by baby j:

Morrissey goes low in Paso Robles..The announcement came at about 8:12p that the show was going to be postponed & rescheduled in 2018 due to an inoperative projector. Did I really drive all this way just to hear you say I don't want to sing tonight because your projector's broken?

Shortly before the announcement I had a feeling that it was getting too cold for him to sing.

Posted by beewee:

Show cancelled, postponed for a date in 2018. Lady came on the PA and stated on-stage heating not working. It was cold, about 48F and getting colder.

UPDATE Dec. 4:

Paso Robles officially cancelled according to email from Ticketmaster

Last edited by a moderator:
How embarrassing. All those people got babysitters, took tomorrow off, possibly travelled from the Central Valley...

f***ing ridiculous. Wear a goddam coat.

They’re making fun of it on KROQ which is endorsing his Christmas show to the LA kids. They’re quoting this video of this guy saying he’s done with Morrissey.

Look, you bought your t-shirts, you bought a few drinks, you didn't turn up in enough numbers so he f***ed you off. Like he so often does. What I don't get is why you bother, especially you who bring your kids. They don't want to see the shadow of your disintegrating icon anyway - stop forcing. Take them to something they'll like. I can guarantee most kid's entertainers actually care about professionalism and doing what their audience has paid him to do.

Do you know the Morrissey fanbase is one of the internet's biggest musical laughing stocks? He isn't even any good anymore. God, no wonder he's such a preening, pampered 'ooh no I'm not going out there brrrr' nance. You'll keep lining his wallet and making excuses for him until he succumbs.

Now there speaks a true friend.

As predicted:

Morrissey is a Grown Baby Who Didn't Perform Last Night Because The Stage Was Too Cold
The Mariah of rock strikes again.

"Most of us own a sweater, and a coat, but I guess that's not Morrissey's concern. The stage is too cold? Hell, he's rich enough to just not do it (despite the fact that with all the lights up there, he'd probably warm up within about two songs). The tour will now move onto the Hollywood Bowl for two shows this coming weekend (10 and 11 November). Let's hope they've got their heating system on lock."

https://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/artic...orm-last-night-because-the-stage-was-too-cold

Drama queen Morrissey cancels show over heating issue.

"Morrissey was accused of being a “drama queen” after he canceled the fourth show of his current U.S. tour in Paso Robles, Calif., last night (Nov. 5), citing a problem with onstage heating as the reason."

http://diffuser.fm/drama-queen-morrissey-cancels-show-over-heating-issue

Morrissey cancels California show at the last minute because it’s 'too cold'.

"It was only the fourth night of tour.
Last night’s Morrissey show in Paso Robles, California was cancelled at the last minute, after it was deemed ‘too cold’ for the singer to perform."

http://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-cancels-california-show-last-minute-cold-2156821

Hand In Gloves: Morrissey cancels California gig due to cold weather and broken stage heater.

"Stop us if you think you’ve heard…. ahhh shit we’ve already used that line.
Well, in news that should surprise no one, Morrissey celebrated the first cancellation of his ongoing tour last night, pulling the plug on his gig at the outdoor Vina Robles Amphitheatre in central California.
The reason for the cancellation: Temperatures in the city of Paso Robles dropped to the 40s, and, according to reports, the venue’s on-stage heating system had malfunctioned."

http://www.vanyaland.com/2017/11/06...-due-to-cold-weather-and-broken-stage-heater/

Morrissey cancelled a gig yesterday due to ‘heating system malfunction’.

"The dubious distinction of being the first gig of Morrissey‘s Low In High-School touring to be cancelled has gone to the Vina Robles Amphitheatre in Paso Robles, California.
The gig was pulled last night apparently due to the venue’s onstage heating system malfunctioning. As CoS points out, it’s the 124th show Morrissey has cancelled since 2012.
Arenas in the UK better make sure all the bars of their fires are working properly when that leg of the tour gets underway in Aberdeen next February – yesterday’s Californian temperatures are considered t-shirt weather up there."

http://www.live4ever.uk.com/2017/11/morrissey-cancelled-a-gig-yesterday-due-to-heating-system-malfunction/

Regards,
FWD.

FYI: Lyn Boorer is en route to L.A. for the Bowl gigs - so a reasonable sign that it will take place and perhaps some reassurance!? :

20171106_164322.png

Last edited:
Do people not see significance in the rescheduling for 2018?

This is the warm up tour. (LOL)
There is a new album. There will be a second US leg of the tour,

I was wondering how the venue could be so sure to announce it would be "postponed" for 2018. But I was thinking maybe they just said that initially, with the hopes that it can be postponed rather than refunding tickets. I can't imagine Morrissey & the tour manager, etc. would already at this point agree to re-do the show there next year, unless that was somehow in the contract if he cancelled. I'm hoping they will just refund.

I drove 3 hours and got there at 11am. Met lots of nice people in line and a photographer from the New York Times was there interviewing and taking pictures for a piece on Morrissey fans set to appear in the Sunday Style section on the 26th. Lots of people were talking with fond memories of the Santa Barbara show exactly one year ago.

Im still of the opinion that this is the venues fault. I bet he showed up at 6 and they said they were working on the issue and he said he isnt going to sit around in an unheated venue call me if it gets straightened out. He is not going to risk an entire tour on a new album for something like this. The venue is the one that took this to the very last min.

I was wondering how the venue could be so sure to announce it would be "postponed" for 2018. But I was thinking maybe they just said that initially, with the hopes that it can be postponed rather than refunding tickets. I can't imagine Morrissey & the tour manager, etc. would already at this point agree to re-do the show there next year, unless that was somehow in the contract if he cancelled. I'm hoping they will just refund.

I drove 3 hours and got there at 11am. Met lots of nice people in line and a photographer from the New York Times was there interviewing and taking pictures for a piece on Morrissey fans set to appear in the Sunday Style section on the 26th. Lots of people were talking with fond memories of the Santa Barbara show exactly one year ago.
I would imagine there are all sorts of cancellation based clauses in Morrissey's contracts that aren't there with other touring bands. I do feel for the people that travelled substantial distances, or the person earlier in comments who spent a lot of their entertainment budget and babysitter for a dashed night out.

That being said, there's a reason why I won't travel more than an hour or two to see him unless I have plans B-C figured out in advance. And it isn't because I'm travel averse.

Someone I met in line confirmed that venue staff at the bar said they knew 40 minutes beforehand that he had already left. Yet they played pre-show music right up until 8:12. Please, if you purchased tickets for this show, demand a refund rather than postponement. I am becoming more convinced that this was the venue's fault, and to add to the heating problem, it seems like they did not notify us until much later than they knew in order to sell more food and drinks.

None of that is going to be fully cured by a onstage heater. It provides some relief, but the heating can cause just as much tuning instability since it's not absolute.

Morrissey probably just feels reduced by the scenario, and it's his way of saying, "You don't deserve me."

It's like Maverick asking him for demos of his then planned album, and him telling them to go to the record store. The fact that he has to endure what the thinks so many other "stars" don't have to endure is enough for him to call the whole thing off.

Remember when he cancelled a gig years ago because of the noise bleed from a band in an adjacent room?

He doesn't think he has to relive the indignities of trying to make it. Once again, Morrissey wins. The fans lose. As the world turns.

'The fans lose'

?

would the fans have 'won' by having a lousy show, where he would be upset at the situation the whole show and so not give the goods? Otherwise.... I agree, if a venue is not up to par to fulfill the needs of a living legend then they don't deserve him. Then again, yes, his management or whatever should have looked into it when booking the tour. Wrong on both sides.

Last edited:

My guess is that this "broken heater" excuse is really a wink-and-a-nod agreement between Morrissey Tour Inc. and the venue/promoter. Morrissey didn't want to sing in the cold and risk the tour, so they made this excuse up with a promise to circle back next season. Morrissey has played gigs in California just about every year for two decades, so it is totally conceivable that he'll loop through again next year.

That said, if they do postpone as opposed to cancel, you will be given an option for a refund. You bought tickets to a November 5th event. That event didn't happen. So they have to offer a refund option, even if they reschedule. My guess is they will just cancel it, because I doubt Morrissey Tour Inc. is a going to be able to commit to firm date in summer 2018 quite yet and the venue/promoter can't hold onto people's money for very long after a cancellation.

AKA the Brexit song. I am 100% serious.

Why? Because he sang "Brexit" at Maida Vale? He didn't. If you look closely he did not once form his lips to say a word with "B". Guess some people are so obsessed with Brexit that they see it everywhere. Oh and I'm 100% serious.

Why? Because he sang "Brexit" at Maida Vale? He didn't. If you look closely he did not once form his lips to say a word with "B". Guess some people are so obsessed with Brexit that they see it everywhere. Oh and I'm 100% serious.

The lyrics, you utter f***ing dipshit.

You wait in the wings for me to post. You do it every time. Like clockwork.

That said, if they do postpone as opposed to cancel, you will be given an option for a refund. You bought tickets to a November 5th event. That event didn't happen. So they have to offer a refund option, even if they reschedule. My guess is they will just cancel it, because I doubt Morrissey Tour Inc. is a going to be able to commit to firm date in summer 2018 quite yet and the venue/promoter can't hold onto people's money for very long after a cancellation.

Thank you. That is reassuring!

I'm trying to be sympathetic and I'm inclined to trust the people on here who are saying low temperatures could be risky for health and vocals. But the level of irony releasing Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage right after declining to appear on stage...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom