Paso Robles, California cancelled/postponed to 2018 due to inoperative on-stage heating

Tonight Paso Robles off .

Posted by baby j:

Morrissey goes low in Paso Robles..The announcement came at about 8:12p that the show was going to be postponed & rescheduled in 2018 due to an inoperative projector. Did I really drive all this way just to hear you say I don't want to sing tonight because your projector's broken?

Shortly before the announcement I had a feeling that it was getting too cold for him to sing.

Posted by beewee:

Show cancelled, postponed for a date in 2018. Lady came on the PA and stated on-stage heating not working. It was cold, about 48F and getting colder.

UPDATE Dec. 4:

Paso Robles officially cancelled according to email from Ticketmaster

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it reasonable to play on an open-air stage in november?

FYI:
Paso Robles:
The Highest temperature in November : 20.8° C (69.44°F).
The lowest temperature in November : 3.6°C (38.48°F).
The average temperature in November : 10.8°C (51.44°F).

And if the problem was an inoperative projector.... Well... use an another one or for economies the band have only one projector, one guitar, one guitar bass, one drums kit, etc...... it's really laughable... Ha, ha, ha...

In other words: the temperature was slightly below the average for the time of year. Who knew? *rollseyes*

Look, you bought your t-shirts, you bought a few drinks, you didn't turn up in enough numbers so he f***ed you off. Like he so often does. What I don't get is why you bother, especially you who bring your kids. They don't want to see the shadow of your disintegrating icon anyway - stop forcing. Take them to something they'll like. I can guarantee most kid's entertainers actually care about professionalism and doing what their audience has paid him to do.

Do you know the Morrissey fanbase is one of the internet's biggest musical laughing stocks? He isn't even any good anymore. God, no wonder he's such a preening, pampered 'ooh no I'm not going out there brrrr' nance. You'll keep lining his wallet and making excuses for him until he succumbs.
If only this user could harness his powers for good instead of evil.

Lame of the venue but at least it’s not a tour altering issue like an illness

This is ridiculous! Fans stood there waiting for the gig to start, only to be told it's cancelled as it's too cold. Don't stage lights and the act of 'performing' actually warm things up? Come on Moz, people pay good money to be treated like this. This is beyond a joke.

Cold weather is really bad for the vocal cords and with the Hollywood Bowl shows around the corner he probably wasn't going to risk it.

As someone who has had Morrissey cancel on me well over a dozen times due to numerous issues like band members being ill, him being ill, broken pipes, etc etc, this has to be one of the worst explanations for a cancellation ever (no i wasn’t there thank God)! I mean who books an outdoor venue in November without the knowledge it might get a bit chilly first of all? Then to add to the misery, he decides to cancel it after everyone is already inside and he is already supposed to have gone on? I feel eveyones anger at this, and it can only remind me of the initial, crushing disappointment I felt at the Inland Invasion show where after waiting on the barrier ALL DAY LONG, we find out he cancelled because Ian Brown decided to blab before they yanked him off stage. But at least that time he legitimately had some bad throat problems that had already manifested at previous shows. This, this would piss me off... What an absolute shambles. Does he not actually grasp that he is probably one of the biggest laughing stocks in the industry? Yet we all keep buying tickets for this nonsense. I bet Axl Rose has a better track record.

I dont understand why more people are not angry at the venue

People rarely look a details especially when upset. Most people blame the act for everything from ticket prices to the location as if musicians just pick and choose when and where to play. Not only is it hard to sing in the cold he could hurt his voice doing so and risk other cancelations. He could get sick or any of the band members could get sick and risk further cancelations. The venue should have it together and should get the blame but trying to explain that is just headache inducing. He’s fifty eight. Maybe if he were younger I might say he could muscle through it but given the history of previous tours and his age I’d say he was right to not risk it

Ice water for blood
With neither heart or spine
And then just to pass time
Let us go and rob the blind

FYI:
Paso Robles:
The Highest temperature in November : 20.8° C (69.44°F).
The lowest temperature in November : 3.6°C (38.48°F).
The average temperature in November : 10.8°C (51.44°F).

And if the problem was an inoperative projector.... Well... use an another one or for economies the band have only one projector, one guitar, one guitar bass, one drums kit, etc...... it's really laughable... Ha, ha, ha...

Well done mate , you asked the only valid question about that ridiculous start of the tour...
let's hope he didn't catch the flu before the Bowl!!!
#nurofenForEver!

OK, had a night to sleep on it, now getting ready to make the 3hr slag back home.

It's frickin cold here "right now".

PASO ROBLES, CA
as of 7:09 am PST
41°

PARTLY CLOUDY
feels like 41°
H 66° / L 35°
UV Index 0 of 10
My thoughts:
  • Paso Robles in November; I thought this was sketchy when the gig was first announced and I purchased tickets in August, decided to risk it, not surprised it was cancelled
    • no preshow videos made me begin to wonder, uh oh, this could be a no go
  • I too wondered how the cold "could/would" affect his vocals?
    • when we left temp reading in car was 47F and dropping, at 10:30PM it was 42F when he most likely would have been ending his set
  • Bottom line, was not worth risking the other upcoming dates and push him out there to perform, I get it and I don't blame him.
  • Hollywood Bowl will be no where near as cold as it was here at that time of night, in addition it is "cold dry air" up here in Paso Robles, Hollywood has more moisture in the air due to proximity to the ocean, it will be about 59F/60F when he comes on stage
  • Bound to be an issue from the get go for this show; if it's true that he showed at 6:00PM and then left after 15 minutes, the venue should have announced the cancellation but probably tried to max out $$$ by selling beverages/food and merchandise.
Looking forward to Hollywood Bowl, should be non issue. As a loyal, long time MOZ fan, I know when I travel to see him, that my wife and I make it a weekend/trip and enjoy ourselves with threat of cancellation always hanging in the air.

Tour is not in danger (in my eyes), only 4th show and cancellation, you'll read all the headlines. Bottom line, this show should have never been scheduled for this venue at this time of year.

OK, had a night to sleep on it, now getting ready to make the 3hr slag back home.

PASO ROBLES, CA
41°

PARTLY CLOUDY
feels like 41°
H 66° / L 35°
UV Index 0 of 10
My thoughts:
  • Paso Robles in November; I thought this was sketchy when the gig was first announced and I purchased tickets in August, decided to risk it, not surprised it was cancelled
    • when we left temp reading in car was 47F and dropping, at 10:30PM it was 42F when he most likely would have been ending his set
  • Bottom line, was not worth risking the other upcoming dates and push him out there to perform, I get it and I don't blame him.
  • Hollywood Bowl will be no where near as cold as it was here at that time of night, in addition it is "cold dry air" up here in Paso Robles, Hollywood has more moisture in the air due to proximity to the ocean, it will be about 59F/60F when he comes on stage
  • Bound to be an issue from the get go for this show; if it's true that he showed at 6:00PM and then left after 15 minutes, the venue should have announced the cancellation but probably tried to max out $$$ by selling beverages/food and merchandise.
Looking forward to Hollywood Bowl, should be non issue. As a loyal, long time MOZ fan, I know when I travel to see him, that my wife and I make it a weekend/trip and enjoy ourselves with threat of cancellation always hanging in the air.

Tour is not in danger (in my eyes), only 4th show and cancellation, you'll read all the headlines. Bottom line, this show should have never been scheduled for this venue at this time of year.
This sums things things up from someone who was there. Last sentence particularly apt .

PASO ROBLES, CA
41°

PARTLY CLOUDY
feels like 41°
H 66° / L 35°
UV Index 0 of 10
My thoughts:

Well said. True fan.

I'm very sorry for all the people who went there last night.

Incidentally a similar incident happened in Yokohama in October 2016.
The reason for the cancellation was that they couldn't fit the equipment to the venue.

Morrissey's tour manager and the crew have to check the condition of the venues before book them.

PASO ROBLES, CA
41°

PARTLY CLOUDY
feels like 41°
H 66° / L 35°
UV Index 0 of 10
My thoughts:

Could do with a 3hr slag myself

Do people not see significance in the rescheduling for 2018?

This is the warm up tour. (LOL)
There is a new album. There will be a second US leg of the tour,
(Probably with a very similar set that was scheduled for last night, LOL)
when the warm weather comes back around. I think the main problem here was a lack of foresight on both management and venue. I will agree that it was pretty tacky to get people boozed up and through the merch line if there was no plan on going forward with the show, as speculated.

"A venue employee told me that Morrissey stood around practicing his yo-yo tricks, when he suffered a very bad bump on the noggin on a failed 'round the world' attempt, which led to a cancellation."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom