Paso Robles, California cancelled/postponed to 2018 due to inoperative on-stage heating

Tonight Paso Robles off .

Posted by baby j:

Morrissey goes low in Paso Robles..The announcement came at about 8:12p that the show was going to be postponed & rescheduled in 2018 due to an inoperative projector. Did I really drive all this way just to hear you say I don't want to sing tonight because your projector's broken?

Shortly before the announcement I had a feeling that it was getting too cold for him to sing.

Posted by beewee:

Show cancelled, postponed for a date in 2018. Lady came on the PA and stated on-stage heating not working. It was cold, about 48F and getting colder.

UPDATE Dec. 4:

Paso Robles officially cancelled according to email from Ticketmaster

Last edited by a moderator:
It might not have been his decision. Maybe the venue or the Tour Manager decided. I saw him perform in a venue a third full last year (Newcastle, NSW) and he made a joke about it. Lay off him.

LOL, what a diva c***.

I'm hoping he cancels more, then hopefully bots will wake up and smell the coffee/hot dogs.

This old fool can't even fulfill this sparse, easy tour. He's spaced out the dates, and plays the same old tripe at each concert. He's made it as easy as possible for himself and his bored band, and he still can't do it.

The amphitheatre looks very empty. He can't sell out venues anymore and perhaps he's only beginning to realise, very slowly, that he's not as good as the bots keep telling him he is.

Is it reasonable to play on an open-air stage in november?

FYI:
Paso Robles:
The Highest temperature in November : 20.8° C (69.44°F).
The lowest temperature in November : 3.6°C (38.48°F).
The average temperature in November : 10.8°C (51.44°F).

And if the problem was an inoperative projector.... Well... use an another one or for economies the band have only one projector, one guitar, one guitar bass, one drums kit, etc...... it's really laughable... Ha, ha, ha...

maybe if he just wore a hat and scarf and lip-synced instead? :rolleyes:

'Performing in Cold Weather Doesn't Just Affect Beyonce

By by Molly Cochran, AccuWeather.com Staff Writer
January 25, 2013, 3:56:15 PM EST

Beyonce Knowles has been under the spotlight after reports that she lip-synced her performance on Inauguration Day. But there's a reason she might have lip-synced the national anthem. Cold weather can affect a singer's voice.

Chris Beatty, one of the founders of vocalcoach.com, says that cold weather is a major issue for singers and musicians. "The main problem with colder weather for singers is dryness. Dryness in the vocal track is danger," he said.

If the vocal track is not well lubricated, your voice can crack. Some tips that Beatty gave for singers preparing to sing in colder weather are, "breathe in through your nose instead of your mouth in order to give your breath a chance to warm up to your body temperature. Singers should wear a scarf and hat and arrive early to acclimate to their current weather conditions."

Also....

Dave Defilippis, senior videographer for AccuWeather, is also a musician. He says that cold weather and the dryness that comes with the cooler temperatures contribute to how he tunes his guitar.

"Tuning is a huge problem as temperatures increase and decrease," he said.

Knowles performed around 12:30 p.m. The temperature at that time was a high of 40 degrees with a Real Feel of 35 degrees.

AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Alex Sosnowski said the weather conditions for Inauguration Day on Monday had temperatures in the upper 30s into the mid-40s.

Maria Antonieta, a singer of Yas Cortes Duo along with Oscar Yas, Argentina, said that it is not uncommon for singers to lip synch when they are performing only one song, so that the audience can hear the song as it is intended to be heard.

"The lip synch is actually done out of respect for the audience, so that everything can be perfect," she said.

Hundreds of thousands of people watched the inaugural address live on Monday. The crowd really lucked out as Monday evenings temperature fell into the lower 20s with a Real Feel near zero degrees, according to Sosnowski.'

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/performing-in-cold-weather-doe/4715960

None of that is going to be fully cured by a onstage heater. It provides some relief, but the heating can cause just as much tuning instability since it's not absolute.

Morrissey probably just feels reduced by the scenario, and it's his way of saying, "You don't deserve me."

It's like Maverick asking him for demos of his then planned album, and him telling them to go to the record store. The fact that he has to endure what the thinks so many other "stars" don't have to endure is enough for him to call the whole thing off.

Remember when he cancelled a gig years ago because of the noise bleed from a band in an adjacent room?

He doesn't think he has to relive the indignities of trying to make it. Once again, Morrissey wins. The fans lose. As the world turns.

Is it reasonable to play on an open-air stage in november?

FYI:
Paso Robles:
The Highest temperature in November : 20.8° C (69.44°F).
The lowest temperature in November : 3.6°C (38.48°F).
The average temperature in November : 10.8°C (51.44°F).

And if the problem was an inoperative projector.... Well... use an another one or for economies the band have only one projector, one guitar, one guitar bass, one drums kit, etc...... it's really laughable... Ha, ha, ha...
No its not reasonable and yet so many artists do it in California. Its really tough on the audience as when you are sitting or standing around outdoor events when the temp gets below 60 unless you are bundled up, you freeze your arse off. And sitting is what you do at the Hollywood Bowl.

Cold weather doesn't give you colds. Stop. It's an old wives tale.

People catch colds in the winter more because people are huddled in doors more, and are transmitting more viruses, and bacteria to others.

Certainly it could affect your sinuses, but what in the hell do you expect having a concert outdoors in November?

He's normally sweating like a pig after the first song anyway. They should have made the effort, or at least got him to wear a jumper.

Er, playing an outdoor gig in central Ca. in November might not be too warm! Heater supposedly “breaks,” and there are no other preparations in place? Give me a break! What a load of shit.

To Cold because he’s to Old save your money from going to see any new shows so not worth it especially if your going to travel to see him why run the risk of a cancelation, and wasting hundreds of not thousands on seeing him just to cancel. I wonder if he let the cronie fans that follow him all over the planet know he was canceling ahead of time.

Thanks baby j..I love watching your videos on YouTube.
Hmm...So which was it the stage heating or the projector? My friend said "inoperable stage heater" is code for something but who knows...

I was there and it was cold but we were all freezing why couldn't he just wear a jacket like the rest of us.
Also, this was the first night I've been out in seven months since my son was born. And Im pretty strapped for cash right now so I'm pretty pissed after paying for a baby sitter all night, driving three hours in a crap car with a broken window and no radio, spending money on gas, and overpriced food and merchandise I expect better.

Sorry to hear you went thru all that especially the sitter those are tough to come by, but it’s Morrissey thats the risk you take when you buy a ticket to one of his shows, this is a man who if out of a whim he doesn’t feel like doing the show he will just cancel.

And Im pretty strapped for cash right now so I'm pretty pissed after paying for a baby sitter all night, driving three hours in a crap car with a broken window and no radio, spending money on gas, and overpriced food and merchandise I expect better.
Very nice thing... No show, but you can spend your money at the merchandising :rolleyes:
What is the more important? Love or money?..... The love of money of course.

It might not have been his decision. Maybe the venue or the Tour Manager decided. I saw him perform in a venue a third full last year (Newcastle, NSW) and he made a joke about it. Lay off him.

Hm no, no need to spread misinformation, that venue was not 1/3 full, I was there too

I suppose he wanted to protect his throat (no funny remarks please!), and perhaps if he had gone on stage he would have ended up cancelling more concerts. However.... could he not just wear a coat or scarf or something? In The Smiths early days they must have played cold crappy rooms and survived.

I suppose he wanted to protect his throat (no funny remarks please!), and perhaps if he had gone on stage he would have ended up cancelling more concerts. However.... could he not just wear a coat or scarf or something? In The Smiths early days they must have played cold crappy rooms and survived.
He was a lot younger in those days, I’m sure we all done things back then that we wouldn’t dream of doing now

That's UK, not USA.

I wasn't being entirely serious but I'm pretty sure the USA has similar laws.

Anyway it's all bollocks cos I found out the gig was outdoors so what do yiu expect, even in November.
The good thing (for my gas company) was it made put my heating on cos it's f***ing Baltic at the moment

Look, you bought your t-shirts, you bought a few drinks, you didn't turn up in enough numbers so he f***ed you off. Like he so often does. What I don't get is why you bother, especially you who bring your kids. They don't want to see the shadow of your disintegrating icon anyway - stop forcing. Take them to something they'll like. I can guarantee most kid's entertainers actually care about professionalism and doing what their audience has paid him to do.

Do you know the Morrissey fanbase is one of the internet's biggest musical laughing stocks? He isn't even any good anymore. God, no wonder he's such a preening, pampered 'ooh no I'm not going out there brrrr' nance. You'll keep lining his wallet and making excuses for him until he succumbs.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom