Pasadena, CA - Cruel World Fest (May 15, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Irish Blood, English Heart / Satan Rejected My Soul / Knockabout World / How Soon Is Now? / Have-A-Go Merchant / First Of The Gang To Die / Half A Person / The Loop / Little Man, What Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Know It's Over / Never Had No One Ever / Let Me Kiss You / I Am Veronica / Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @davidt, @karenina, @Redacted, FWD & setlist.fm

• Link posted by Famous when dead:

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what conclusions were reached about Little Man, What Now? but I see that Jack Wild's IMDb page says it's thought to be about him. Has that been ruled out here, I wonder?

My worst concert experiences have been festivals.Th
Me either, i NEVER go to the hippy camping ones.
Its not really about music , its about getting messed up with your mates, while taking a poop in the woods
I only went to this for one reason, to add support for M. Thats it.

Is singin' I Know It's Over and Never Had No One Ever
together like that somethin' that Moz has done before?

Can’t recall, but interesting. Wonder if he did it to spite those that didn’t like that sequence on the album itself.

We look at that set list with a degree of 'meh'. Such a back catalogue, such a rich depth of work. Don't go all 'sing us our favourite song' on us; this is an average set list; an almost can't be arsed setlist. He could do so much more, so much better.
I know what you mean,
the set list at the Phoenix show was spot on, for that type of gig

Personally, I have no issue with this set list either, apart from, it's not the best for a festival type show, where he could easily have won back some of the "go off" fans.
He should have done the set list from Phoenix and padded it with
QID, as opener,, peppered in , Maladjusted , Novemeber spawned (perfect 90s indie stomp) and Boy racer and Stop me.
It seemed like a payday gig really. Lots of the bands weren't that into in, they are just better at hiding it.

Night two for me! Apologies for not posting up setlist updates and wardrobe, etc... it’s honestly really hard for me to multi-task and I try to balance capturing video for posterity and being (insert eye roll) “in the moment.” Overall, I agree that Saturday was better — just more excitement and anticipation (personally and — it seemed — collectively). Last night I had a Club ticket and my friend and I showed up just in time to catch the end of Bauhaus and make our play to move up close to the rail for M. Maybe it was just sweeter and more rewarding after all the standing and waiting and maneuvering and sweating to get closer to him on Saturday.

Loved the setlist though! I wasn’t confident that I’d ever hear I Know It’s Over live and pretty much burst into tears immediately when it happened. M looked amazing again — no bow tie (much to my dismay), but he stripped down a bit during Let Me Kiss You and I think threw his tie to someone in the crowd.

He was in good spirits and his voice was perfection, but a bit less playful than the night before.

Hopefully, we’ll get Veronica soon and maybe even a proper tour? The one-hour sets just aren’t enough to satiate our needs. 💕

Last edited:
Night two for me! Apologies for not posting up setlist updates and wardrobe, etc... it’s honestly really hard for me to multi-task and I try to balance capturing video for posterity and being (insert eye roll) “in the moment.” Overall, I agree that Saturday was better — just more excitement and anticipation (personally and — it seemed — collectively). Last night I had a Club ticket and my friend and I showed up just in time to catch the end of Bauhaus and make our play to move up close to the rail for M. Maybe it was just sweeter and more rewarding after all the standing and waiting and maneuvering and sweating to get closer to him on Saturday.

Loved the setlist though! I wasn’t confident that I’d ever hear I Know It’s Over live and pretty much burst into tears immediately when it happened. M looked amazing again — no bow tie (much to my dismay), but he stripped down a bit during Let Me Kiss You and I think threw his tie to someone in the crowd.

He was in good spirits and his voice was perfection, but a bit less playful than the night before. He gave the brain-dead masses HSIN, so maybe there will be fewer post-fest complaints about the setlist.

Hopefully, we’ll get Veronica soon and maybe even a proper tour? The one-hour sets just aren’t enough to satiate our needs. 💕

Why are you calling his audience "brain dead masses"? They showed up for Morrissey. Not cool.

My worst concert experiences have been festivals.
The last festival I went to was Reading Festival in 2004 and during Morrissey, a large man with a very flowery Hawaiian t-shirt crushed me against the barrier and I left with bruising all down my side - in conclusion, I don't like festivals but Morrissey was quite good.

Super fun night! I’m going to be in Vegas Friday and Saturday but for a dart tournament, not the show. o_O The side shoots happen like right during the show and it’s where you can make money.

Super fun night! I’m going to be in Vegas Friday and Saturday but for a dart tournament, not the show. o_O The side shoots happen like right during the show and it’s where you can make money.

he’ll never forgive you. ;)

Actually my tournament is in June abd he’s in July. I still have sunscreen in my eyes lol

I took my job application into town
Did you hear? They turned me down
Yes, and it's all because of us
Oh, and what was in our eyes
Oh, what was in our eyes, yeah

Back
Top Bottom