Pasadena, CA - Cruel World Fest (May 14, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Irish Blood, English Heart / Disappointed / Knockabout World / Billy Budd / Never Had No One Ever / Alma Matters / I Am Veronica / The Loop / First Of The Gang To Die / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Little Man, What Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Half A Person / Suedehead / Jack The Ripper / Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of FWD, @Flibberty & setlist.fm

• Link posted by Surface:

• Links posted by Famous when dead.

16994-d23c81db1bb8afd530303028e8d6cdaa.jpg

Last edited:
What a disgusting comment. I never read in the SOlO something so disrespectful and unpleasant. I don't care who he engages in his masturbations to. I'm not interested in knowing about her intimacy or her hysterical screams and sad orgasms
Are you ever happy ????
Nobody on here as miserable as
You are....
your always complaining
About something.... sort your shit
Out and stop 4king moaning...

Oh ... Morrissey wears crosses ECT
YOUR A PAIN IN THE f***ING
ARSE

A great little clip I got of Alain killing it on back ups during “I am Veronica”.

Entrance plus first 5 songs ( Billy Budd cut off at the end )

Part 2 (from the rest of Billy Budd till the very end ) . Thank to alleyc8cat we have full saturday show .

Not half, but a substantial amount of people headed for the exits after Bauhaus and Blondie. If he wanted a full crowd, he should have had Bauhaus close the show.

Or just not play festivals. Simply because of the fact that everyone is not there to see you, so people leaving after anyone’s set is expected.

Or just not play festivals. Simply because of the fact that everyone is not there to see you, so people leaving after anyone’s set is expected.

Agreed. I'm sure more people left on Sunday because they'd heard he wasn't playing a lot of Smiths songs and didn't like the ones he played on Saturday.

What a disgusting comment. I never read in the SOlO something so disrespectful and unpleasant. I don't care who he engages in his masturbations to. I'm not interested in knowing about her intimacy or her hysterical screams and sad orgasms
You seem like you’d be fun at parties.

I was watching people --in Smiths shirts, no less-- heading for the exits during "Half a Person." Baffling.

Festivals are a hell of a payday for the headlining bands but the experience is always so underwhelming. Morrissey said it himself years ago: "The audience doesn't realize this but, I, in effect, come to see them, and my temperament depends on how they react and even how they look. I sing directly at the audience, and I look right into the audience - few singers do, I've noticed. I am addressing them with each line, and they react - one way or another - as if we are in conversation. Often, because of the light, I can't see people - this is usually at festivals or outdoor amphitheaters and is nobody's fault, but I tend to lose the thread when I'm singing to blackness."

I was watching people --in Smiths shirts, no less-- heading for the exits during "Half a Person." Baffling.

That’s not expected. But people must have their reasons.

And if I was Morrissey, would I want to sing to
people that don’t want to be there or desire to be somewhere else? Of course not.

And I always thought it strange for anyone to go to a Morrissey show just because he may do a couple Smiths songs. Then you’re just setting yourself up for disappointment, because Morrissey is not a human jukebox that only plays Smiths songs. Just stay home and listen to the records.

And in regards to the prior audience. I don’t think Morrissey really wants to lookout there and be singing to a bunch of goths in their clown makeup.

The short of it is, if you don’t want to be there then leave, that’s cool.

That’s not expected. But people must have their reasons.

And if I was Morrissey, would I want to sing to
people that don’t want to be there or desire to be somewhere else? Of course not.

And I always thought it strange for anyone to go to a Morrissey show just because he may do a couple Smiths songs. Then you’re just setting yourself up for disappointment, because Morrissey is not a human jukebox that only plays Smiths songs. Just stay home and listen to the records.

And in regards to the prior audience. I don’t think Morrissey really wants to lookout there and be singing to a bunch of goths in their clown makeup.

The short of it is, if you don’t want to be there then leave, that’s cool.
Personally, I didn't see any goths in clown makeup. And it's not like the Morrissey crowd was particularly glamorous, so I don't think that's a fair assumption to make.

But yeah, I think the failure of some of these festivals is just naive, wishful thinking on behalf of the curators that there's some substantial overlap between the fans of all of these different acts. Do Blondie fans really want to see Bauhaus? Do Morrissey fans really want to see Berlin? Et cetera.

Personally, I didn't see any goths in clown makeup. And it's not like the Morrissey crowd was particularly glamorous, so I don't think that's a fair assumption to make.

But yeah, I think the failure of some of these festivals is just naive, wishful thinking on behalf of the curators that there's some substantial overlap between the fans of all of these different acts. Do Blondie fans really want to see Bauhaus? Do Morrissey fans really want to see Berlin? Et cetera.

I made an effort to see both Blondie and Bauhaus. This was for me, a once in a lifetime chance to see a lot of 80s bands in one go. It's good that there are fans of different music, it made the overlaps less painful and the spaces less crowded.

Oh I’m surprised, I thought there would have been more than a few that would have dressed the part, or are you saying that they did dress the part, but you wouldn’t call it ‘clown make up’? Anyway, no, I didn’t and wouldn’t claim that the Morrissey crowd is particularly glamorous, lol. And yes, I shouldn’t assume all goths look like ‘babiepixie’ for it is her(?) tweet that triggered this conversation.

Yes, I agree. In another thread I mentioned that Morrissey’s music and fans don’t really fall into the categories of goth or new wave, at least I don’t. Yes, I know the media is generalizing. And that’s not to say that anyone that can be or is put into any box cannot possibly like different music. But I do believe his music and audience does stand apart from that. To quote the Daily news below…

‘On a scorching-hot day, fans of '80s New Wave and goth music thrilled to the bands at Brookside Golf Course at the Rose Bowl.’

Last edited:
Are you ever happy ????
Nobody on here as miserable as
You are....
your always complaining
About something.... sort your shit
Out and stop 4king moaning...

Oh ... Morrissey wears crosses ECT
YOUR A PAIN IN THE f***ING
ARSE
Carlis do not download your crap with me, you do not know me, do not prejudge. I have noticed and now I confirm it, that you are very changeable, a time you are kind, an offensive and ordinary time and maybe xenophobic. I am free to say whatever you want and I will not attack you, I will not put myself at your same level, I am not for those things Parece que estas envejeciendo y te estas poniendo cascarrabias .y muy jodido muy grosero .mal

Nice review 😁 an hour + For the Merch will be interesting to see how much was sold. Love Sunday but he spoils it for me with the Quando thing. Bet Alma was great
Aw thanks! I know I'm slow to respond, but the "cuando, cuando, cuando" in EDILS was really pretty live. Now I prefer that version. But yes, Alma was amazing... really tugged at my heartstrings. 💕

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom