Pasadena, CA - Cruel World Fest (May 14, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Irish Blood, English Heart / Disappointed / Knockabout World / Billy Budd / Never Had No One Ever / Alma Matters / I Am Veronica / The Loop / First Of The Gang To Die / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Little Man, What Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Half A Person / Suedehead / Jack The Ripper / Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of FWD, @Flibberty & setlist.fm

• Link posted by Surface:

• Links posted by Famous when dead.

16994-d23c81db1bb8afd530303028e8d6cdaa.jpg

Last edited:
Not keen on festivals, usually but I quite enjoyed the first day of this two day event.
All the bands I saw put in a good show.
Gutted Echo and Bmen didn't play.

M is in good form , top vocals
Saw a lot leave after Bauhous

But most are staying enjoying Ms show

So happy to see our boy shine
What were Bauhaus like? Drama and dry ice?

I think it was hard to top both Blondie and Bauhaus who were on before him. Blondie’s show was energetic and fun. Bauhaus were completely intense. Compared to them, Moz was a bit lackluster. I had to leave halfway through Moz’ set as my friends weren’t into him and they drove.
Ditch them.

I tend to agree.
If I were M. I would pull out a set like the Hollywood bowl gig that was filmed, for tomorrow and blow the rest away
But I doubt if he cares about that.

He's top of the bill, that's enough.

Be amusing if M came on when Bauhaus do Kick in the eye and sing Barberism Begins At Home all over it.

(lets just say Smiths nicked more than a pinch from Bauhaus for that one )
They should have. Or Bauhaus are finishing a song wreathed in impenetrable dry ice and Moz emerges from the clouds singing Jack The Ripper.

A beautiful piece of work here, well
Done 🤓
One of my many fave things about going to a Morrissey concert is seeing all the many fans in the Bars, pubs, streets and venue, all wearing the t shirts and knowing that you have a connection with thousands of
Complete strangers.
It’s a thrilling experience going to see Morrissey .
There were a lot of Smiths t-shirts there. I wish he’d played more popular Smiths songs and then people wouldn’t have left during his set.

The Bowie your all over again 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
I was at the Outside/Southpaw tour in Dublin and was hoping there would be a 'passing of the baton' via a duet but of course Moz later explained how that was never gonna happen. Moz had his breakdown soon after and cancelled some gigs so I was lucky to see Moz at all. As per Jools Holland telling Moz his suit looked like a Stanley Baker suit I had to agree when I saw Moz on stage.

I was at the Outside/Southpaw tour in Dublin and was hoping there would be a 'passing of the baton' via a duet but of course Moz later explained how that was never gonna happen. Moz had his breakdown soon after and cancelled some gigs so I was lucky to see Moz at all. As per Jools Holland telling Moz his suit looked like a Stanley Baker suit I had to agree when I saw Moz on stage.
Looking back at it all, it was always
Gonna be a disaster.
Was his then suit worse than those
Yellow shoes 🤮🤮🤮

The band seemed to miss the cue to go back into the final chorus (or did he accidentally come in early? I haven't rewatched the video). It was easy to sense his frustration. Not made any better by his yelping of "help!" to close out the remainder of the song.
he came in too early,soon as you see it you notice it so it wasnt the bands fault.

that first concert photo at the top of the page is a cracking photo of M in action,cool as.

Man i really want to hear I Confess but i don’t want to apply sunscreen and all that. Some things are worth it. Is I Confess worth it? He probably can’t do those falsetto notes anymore. But what if he tries? Ughghhhh. Let Morrissey sing the falsetto parts.
I think Dave's voice has gotten considerably weak, it wouldn't be worth it for me

Looking back at it all, it was always
Gonna be a disaster.
Was his then suit worse than those
Yellow shoes 🤮🤮🤮
The yellow shoes, or making a fashion statement with shoes, reminds me of Paul Weller. Now that man knows how to wear an attention grabbing pair of shoes.

The yellow shoes, or making a fashion statement with shoes, reminds me of Paul Weller. Now that man knows how to wear an attention grabbing pair of shoes.
A Truly well heeled man of our time
Always has been .... I love the mod
Stuff.

July 1st Las Vegas is the next scheduled date I think. Just hoping he'll do a Dublin gig later in the year.
Thanks... me and my wife Shazzz
Thought he was on again tonight...

He’ll be in Ireland at some point this year .....
Even to visit all the family grave stones at the very least ....

Interesting thoughts, I saw Peter Hook the other week in Macclesfield and the vibe was great, same for New Order last November at the O2, which is a horrible venue yet they managed to turn it into a gigantic Hacienda style party with the whole place on it's feet dancing.
Yes, the O2 is a soulless venue but from what I’ve seen on YouTube New Order brought some warmth.

Worryingly, the O2 London seems to provide the template for the new 18k arenas going up in Manchester and Bristol.

Yes, the O2 is a soulless venue but from what I’ve seen on YouTube New Order brought some warmth.

Worryingly, the O2 London seems to provide the template for the new 18k arenas going up in Manchester and Bristol.
Yes Lez.... we all twine like 4ck
At these venues, I have myself.
But we all go to them time after time
If the Band is really what we want to see ....
You know the score olde boy 😔😔

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom