Pasadena, CA - Cruel World Fest (May 14, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Irish Blood, English Heart / Disappointed / Knockabout World / Billy Budd / Never Had No One Ever / Alma Matters / I Am Veronica / The Loop / First Of The Gang To Die / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Little Man, What Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Half A Person / Suedehead / Jack The Ripper / Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of FWD, @Flibberty & setlist.fm

• Link posted by Surface:

• Links posted by Famous when dead.

16994-d23c81db1bb8afd530303028e8d6cdaa.jpg

Last edited:
Ummmm I don’t remember. He apologized for singing a new song I think.
This is it , but as you can see the beginning of the announcement is cut off .

I might go tonight. I see the VIP ppl are offloading their bracelets because it’s not a good deal. There’s no man I’ve masturbated more to in my life than Morrissey. It’s a bit of a sweet thrill to see him in person. Lately I’ve been doing basebois but they don’t sing to you they just smash a ball out. To your CUANDO i say HSIN.

Over the past 7 years I’ve returned to regular gig going, after 7-8 years of more occasional attendances.

On return, I noticed a general change in audience behaviours and especially for Morrissey (and Madness for that matter): more passive, more demanding, more indignant, more entitled, and less accommodating of youngsters, moshing, spilled drinks and so on. Obviously, I put this down to an ageing audience.

But over the past year I’ve seen De La Soul, Peter Hook, The Blossoms/Astley, and an Oasis tribute band, with a similar age demographic constituting the crowds—but these audience’s were energetic, pissed-up, engaged, generous, and generative of a more familiar atmosphere.

Speculating, I’d suggest that the change actually has something to do with screens and the type of viewing it procures. At bigger gigs, I honestly see people watching/recording the entire concert through the medium of their phone: for many, perhaps gigs have become an extension of television, and seeing some acts (eg Morrissey, Madness, Quo) is a nostalgic TV experience. Arena size venues/festivals are perhaps increasingly capitalising on the thirst for this. And generating increasingly shit concerts (along with more cash) in the process.

Speaking from fairly recent experience, only The Stone Roses and New Order should play to more than 5000 people.

Interesting thoughts, I saw Peter Hook the other week in Macclesfield and the vibe was great, same for New Order last November at the O2, which is a horrible venue yet they managed to turn it into a gigantic Hacienda style party with the whole place on it's feet dancing.

This is really good one 😍

Pussy :cat: Pussy :cat: ...

This is it , but as you can see the beginning of the announcement is cut off .

Oh maybe he didn’t apologize. I think the weed made me think that was an apology. 😂

Man i really want to hear I Confess but i don’t want to apply sunscreen and all that. Some things are worth it. Is I Confess worth it? He probably can’t do those falsetto notes anymore. But what if he tries? Ughghhhh. Let Morrissey sing the falsetto parts.

I simply cannot imagine Morrissey and Peter Murphy in the same room together, so I wonder if they've actually ever met? Don't know if his position on Bauhaus has changed since he had a dig at the in one of the letters he wrote to someone in the early 80s (I saw it on this site years ago). I can't imagine Murphy being too fond of him either.

I might go tonight. I see the VIP ppl are offloading their bracelets because it’s not a good deal. There’s no man I’ve masturbated more to in my life than Morrissey.
Be warned - I'm fairly sure you're not allowed to masturbate at a Morrissey show, even in the VIP section. :unsure:

Sure it's fine on the record, but fingers crossed Morrissey doesn't ever reach that ghastly late-career cliche stage where a band has 3 female backing vocalists standing on the side of the stage, wearing little black dresses and doing that walking shimmy dance. ;)
I'd be down for that. Might give a new spin on some old faves?

"You say it's gonna happen now...."
(ooh, ahh - doo-wop bah-dah!)
...but when exactly do you mean?"

This was clearly botched twice.
The band seemed to miss the cue to go back into the final chorus (or did he accidentally come in early? I haven't rewatched the video). It was easy to sense his frustration. Not made any better by his yelping of "help!" to close out the remainder of the song.

a cruel world moz t-shirt homage..https://youtu.be/Q96eMxROPo4

A beautiful piece of work here, well
Done 🤓
One of my many fave things about going to a Morrissey concert is seeing all the many fans in the Bars, pubs, streets and venue, all wearing the t shirts and knowing that you have a connection with thousands of
Complete strangers.
It’s a thrilling experience going to see Morrissey .

Back
Top Bottom