Pasadena, CA - Cruel World Fest (May 14, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Irish Blood, English Heart / Disappointed / Knockabout World / Billy Budd / Never Had No One Ever / Alma Matters / I Am Veronica / The Loop / First Of The Gang To Die / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Little Man, What Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Half A Person / Suedehead / Jack The Ripper / Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of FWD, @Flibberty & setlist.fm

• Link posted by Surface:

• Links posted by Famous when dead.

16994-d23c81db1bb8afd530303028e8d6cdaa.jpg

Last edited:
There you go.

Absolutely loved this . Mozz seems to have more movement/ dancing than of late I feel.
Loved the part where he places a maraca on each nipple.
Only Mozz could have thought of this.

Female backing of Veronica

Wow - that is a bit loud in the mix. Sounds like they are playing along with a backing track?

Sure it's fine on the record, but fingers crossed Morrissey doesn't ever reach that ghastly late-career cliche stage where a band has 3 female backing vocalists standing on the side of the stage, wearing little black dresses and doing that walking shimmy dance. ;)

On another note, Morrissey’s energy was off tonight IMO. I know he’s typically bashful, humble, whatever you want to call it, but he really seemed like he didn’t care he was there. No band introduction again either.
Something was wrong with his foot speakers, like they were too loud. He held his ears a few times indicating they were loud and then played from stage right the rest of the set to get away from the noise or to better hear himself. If you watched he was really annoyed by it.

Whoever said Blondies set was energetic must’ve really been into the jazz band ten minute extended dance remix of The Tide Is High which put me to sleep.

Morrissey sang more crowd pleasers than the other artists. Devo didn’t do Gut Feeling. English Beat didn’t do Confess. These are my sun burnt just woke up thoughts. And he’s always in tune it’s incredible, my only gripe is he subs out “Every day is silent and grey” for CUANDO CUANDO CUANDO and it stops the sing along bc the newbies lose confidence they’re not singing the song right they barely know because they learned it on the radio thirty years ago.

Last edited:
Something was wrong with his foot speakers, like they were too loud. He held his ears a few times indicating they were loud and then played from stage right the rest of the set to get away from the noise or to better hear himself. If you watched he was really annoyed by it.
His monitors were definitely giving him trouble, which is why I think he spent almost the entire show far away from them on stage right .

His monitors were definitely giving him trouble, which is why I think he spent almost the entire show far away from them on stage right .
Interesting as all these little hick ups are starting to mount up now.
I don’t recall all these sort of things happening when Boz was at the helm. Only saying.

Interesting as all these little hick ups are starting to mount up now.
I don’t recall all these sort of things happening when Boz was at the helm. Only saying.
I think the beginning of a tour can be rocky and festival audio is particularly tricky because of so many settings dialed in for so many different acts throughout the day. But he does seem to be in that precarious state where the slightest hiccup puts him into a worse and more distant mood. I hope he's in better spirits by Vegas, though I won't be attending those shows.

That new guitarist is a cutie.

Ugh Little Man, What Now? was the highlight for me. I’m remembering the night.

He’ll find a forgiving and enthusiastic audience at The Holmfirth Picturedrome.

Whoever said Blondies set was energetic must’ve really been into the jazz band ten minute extended dance remix of The Tide Is High which put me to sleep.

Morrissey sang more crowd pleasers than the other artists. Devo didn’t do Gut Feeling. English Beat didn’t do Confess. These are my sun burnt just woke up thoughts. And he’s always in tune it’s incredible, my only gripe is he subs out “Every day is silent and grey” for CUANDO CUANDO CUANDO and it stops the sing along bc the newbies lose confidence they’re not singing the song right they barely know because they learned it on the radio thirty years ago.
And do you remember what he said when announcing Veronica? There was something about Lithuania, but I don't know what exactly :unsure:

And do you remember what he said when announcing Veronica? There was something about Lithuania, but I don't know what exactly :unsure:
Ummmm I don’t remember. He apologized for singing a new song I think.

Morrissey sounds great and looks like he's on the way to somewhere more civilised.

Just watching the videos at home is an energising experience.
Compared to the other acts, M. is the epitome of a matured bundle of youthful energy who rings true if you start to listen.
Surely deserves being the main act of this festival.
And ffs, what's wrong with these record companies nowadays?

Did anyone catch and recognize the backdrop image for Veronica? Maybe it’s a clue, lol.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom