Morrissey Central "Parlophone Records" (August 31, 2020)

unnamed.jpg

Parlophone Records will release a 7-inch version of Morrissey’s “That’s Entertainment” in October.
The recording is not the aborted version from 1994, but retains the original Morrissey vocal.New instrumentation and vocals have been added. The song is a cover version of the 45 issued by The Jam and written by Paul Weller.The flipside of the single is a re-mixed version of Morrissey and David Bowie dueting on Marc Bolan’s’Cosmic Dancer’. The live recording has been newly produced by Boz Boorer, and was recorded in Los Angeles.+ above photograph of Morrissey with his mother in Manchester, 1967.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know he had nothing to do with the "Suedehead" compilation. EMI released it without his blessing, I think?
Well, Morrissey has a 'thanks list' in the liner notes, and the track listing on the sleeve is in his handwriting, so I think it's fair to assume he had at least some input in this release.

Definitely one to be filed under 'unexpected.' I suppose one can infer from what's written above that there was an aborted studio recording of 'That's Entertainment?'

Wonder if it’s a faster tempo version.

I reckon a beautiful warm sunny day at the California Mom's original house in the San Fernando Valley that she never sold even when her California Son moved her to Calabasas. I reckon that pic is taken exactly where we play football with the California Son Junior. I mean right, that's Mankfester, like the Airbnb flower house. Good foreigners keep buying from the mporium uk and yellow vinyl Boxers reissues aye chipper curry fek'll fark arse inn nn nnnnn nnn nnnn nn n it.

san fer.jpg
sam malibu.gif

Well, Morrissey has a 'thanks list' in the liner notes, and the track listing on the sleeve is in his handwriting, so I think it's fair to assume he had at least some input in this release.
Good point. I could be wrong, maybe I mixed it up because it was released on EMI years after his contract was up.
Still a weird choice of song on a "Best of" compilation, especially when the other tracks were all single a-sides.

the live version of this cover is what erections are made of! though, i'd have to say, when i want to take a nap i usual listen to the version from the sing your life single. puts me to sleep every time.

View attachment 58760

Is that a sleeping bag he’s wearing?

I reckon it's not the California Son. Another impostor like the getting bread wearing black gloves impostor. Are you foreigners such losers that you have to set up fake photo ops because you are so desperate and jealous to see the California Son? This freak is even worse than the getting bread weirdo. Probably someone on this site. This ugly foreign dude doesn't even have eyebrows and his front teeth are missing and the getting bread weirdo had too much eyebrows glued on like Groucho Marx c*** tit twat inn nnnn nn nnn nnn n nn n it.

The Your Arsene Wenger coat photo was apparently taken in sunny Wilmslow in 2015.
It is therefore not recent.

I remember reading about both Reeves and Mortimer visiting during the Kill Uncle sessions and Morrissey going to bed early, leaving them with Clive Langer and Cathal Smyth but I thought none of their fooling around recorded that night made it on any release.

And yes, I also love his version. Especially the sample at the beginning and end. (Apparently it's supposed to be a train? It always made me think of an empty roundabout for some reason.)

Listening again tonight, í had forgotten how very beautiful this version was.

And yes, í still hear the sound of a bouncing ruler with fax/printers in the background.

í can't tell you how many times í lay in awe on my bedroom floor to this. Well, í could but í'd have to smother you...

The Moz track that put the COR! in Cor Anglais...

Shocked he didn’t use another photo of his mum in a bikini to arouse us all. 😂

The Your Arsene Wenger coat photo was apparently taken in sunny Wilmslow in 2015.
It is therefore not recent.

Evident by the eyebrow slit :cool:

Listening again tonight, í had forgotten how very beautiful this version was.

And yes, í still hear the sound of a bouncing ruler with fax/printers in the background.

í can't tell you how many times í lay in awe on my bedroom floor to this. Well, í could but í'd have to smother you...

The Moz track that put the COR! in Cor Anglais...

Being smothered with a bouncing ruler sounds like a heavenly way to die.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom