Parlophone mystery on Morrissey catalogue

elephant6ers

I know Morrissey early album releases were re-issued on CD on the Parlophone label in the mid 90s. But were LPs like Kill Uncle , Viva Hate etc re-issued on Parlophone on vinyl ? If so, how come I have never seen one on vinyl for sale! How rare are these?

If this is not a myth, does anybody have spare copies of these LPs for sale? Trade? Scans?

Thanks in advance
T

I have never seen a Parlophone LP from Morrissey, but according to reported files there must have been at least one: 'Viva Hate' (Parlophone PCS77376, 1995). Remember that LPs were stone dead in the mid-90s and there was no demand for them.

In some european countries there were 'cheap' issues on the Fame label as LP, MC and CD but i don't have a proof for an LP. Later on, several Morrissey LPs were reissued on Simply Vinyl, a company specialized in reissuing vinyl. 'Viva Hate' (Simply Vinyl SVLP 233) and 'Your Arsenal' (Simply Vinyl SVLP 244).

I remember Mikael saying or writing something about these re-issued Parlophone LPs. I think he said these were the rarest versions of albums on vinyl you can get for Morrissey's early works.

Something to that extent anyway.

If it's true, then these LPs must be very very short printed.

I have been uploading my collection on discogs and when I got to Bona Drag, I didn't see the catalog number (PCS 7374)on the list. I took it out of the sleeve and noticed it was on the Parlophone label. I remembered this thread. I have had this since at least 1998.
Is this what you guys are talking about? Are these pretty rare?
I have uploaded a few pictures below. The record itself is very heavy and thick. The inside sleeve is thick stock.

Sorry for the shitty pictures. Camera phone.

Yes , you have the one I m talking about. I have confirmed with Mikael that Viva Hate and Kill Uncle were also re-issued as Parlophone vinyls.

I have been uploading my collection on discogs and when I got to Bona Drag, I didn't see the catalog number (PCS 7374)on the list. I took it out of the sleeve and noticed it was on the Parlophone label. I remembered this thread. I have had this since at least 1998.
Is this what you guys are talking about? Are these pretty rare?
I have uploaded a few pictures below. The record itself is very heavy and thick. The inside sleeve is thick stock.

Sorry for the shitty pictures. Camera phone.

Back
Top Bottom