Paris - Salle Pleyel (March 9, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before / Jim Jim Falls / Rebels Without Applause / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / Knockabout World / The Loop / The Bullfighter Dies / Without Music The World Dies / Every Day Is Like Sunday / Istanbul / The Night Pop Dropped / Half A Person / Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Trouble Loves Me / Jack The Ripper // Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @Mozzer1980 & FWD - confirmed by Buddy T

Last edited:
Please stop eating French people, :cat::cat::cat:
Stephen Colbert Love GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

When he did his “Years of Refusal” Tour, signed vinyl, limited to 20 or 25 copies per venue, were sold for 70 euros.

When did he become so greedy?

When he did his “Years of Refusal” Tour, signed vinyl, limited to 20 or 25 copies per venue, were sold for 70 euros.

That was 14 years (of refusal) ago.

I love how twee you all think it is and Morrissey decides the Ticket Prices and Merch Prices, it's Hilarious.

That was 14 years (of refusal) ago.

I love how twee you all think it is and Morrissey decides the Ticket Prices and Merch Prices, it's Hilarious.

He’s far from an innocent bystander. Haven’t you read Autobiography? How he complains when bandmembers invited friends and family for the last gig at the Hollywood Bowl and he said NO because it came “out of his pension fund”?

He’s greedy and cheap.

Ebenezer Morrissey.

He’s far from an innocent bystander. Haven’t you read Autobiography? How he complains when bandmembers invited friends and family for the last gig at the Hollywood Bowl and he said NO because it came “out of his pension fund”?

He’s greedy and cheap.

Ebenezer Morrissey.

damn he must really love me then jesus i had no idea

It was a pleasure to see Morrissey and the desserts perform last night.

Some of my favorite commentary between songs included the following…
- “I’m unleashed on you once again and thank god you’re here and I am throwing my legs around Paris”
- “I must now confess to you because when I left here last night I thought I’d go for a very short walk by myself in the rain and I went down pigalle. Not very long. Maybe seven or eight hours. And yes I got some sniffles but I’ll keep them to myself and I’ll croak through the next few songs and you’ll forgive me that’s how it goes.”
- “as you know, of course, life is quite claustrophobic, super bland, lobotomized everything and on top of that’s sure enough the telephone rings.”
- “you live in, maybe, the most beautiful city in the world, maybe, maybe and your country is irreplaceable and you should hold on to it because if it goes you will never get it back, never get it back, that’s right don’t push me.”
- “even now in the midst of it all we have yet another new album which you can probably buy quite soon if you go to intermarche you buy some corn flakes, put your hand in the corn flakes and bleblelelebbbb you might find it. That’s the only way. It’s called without music the world dies.”

I’ll have to go back to look but I don’t think he’s played HSIN since Jersey and I think he and we are all better for it.

The set list was so strong. He was in good form despite the self diagnosed sniffles. His voice was untouched velvet.

I agree with others on another thread that the ticket prices are too high for the seats but knowing that he hasn’t been to Paris in more than five years, he can’t be blamed for asking for what he’s worth. Aside from the set next to me i didn’t see an empty seat anywhere.

C'était la première fois que je le voyais jouer à Paris et c'était très différent de la dernière fois que je l'ai vu à Boston. Je ne sais pas ce qui me prend, mais cela peut être décrit comme une expérience spirituelle lors de ses spectacles. Je suis debout. Je dance. Je chante. Je secoue mon cul. J'ai commencé à le faire hier soir en le voyant dans la première chanson et j'ai été tapé sur le bras par quelqu'un derrière moi pour m'asseoir. Aux États-Unis, même si nous avons un siège, nous nous tenons à un spectacle morrissey. En prévision de la rangée devant moi pour se lever, je me suis levé. Mais ce ne sont pas les États-Unis. La rangée devant moi hier soir n'a jamais tenu. Ils étaient assis tout le temps.

Il y a beaucoup de choses que j'aime chez les Français. D'innombrables choses. Je suis un francophile auto-diagnostiqué. Mais je ne comprendrai pas la nature réservée de ses fans lors de son émission comme je l'ai vu hier soir. Je n'ai pas la force de me retenir. Peut-être est-ce une qualité à laquelle aspirer ? Ce n'est pas une critique. C'est de la curiosité. Je me demande si c'est aussi pour ça qu'il n'est pas venu à Paris aussi longtemps.

Qui sait. Jusqu'à Londres.
Un concert de morrissey c'est debout dans la fosse ou ce n'est pas 😉

It was a really great show. Moz was in a good mood. Great look. So beautiful voice. But It's true, Pleyel is more appropriate for classical music in It's configuration. You should have come in "the fosse", it was fantastic in it

Rebels - Irish Blood - The World Dies - Please Please Please

Very, very good! What a show!

I think they can go even deeper into the songbook with the band lineup they have now. The guitarists sound especially good together.

Bring on more new songs! Outstanding job, boys.

oohh look at you trying to be controversial with two men kissing,its 2023.

He’s greedy and cheap.

Ebenezer Morrissey.
it was michael farrel who wanted tickets for all of his family and friends which could have been thirty tickets,you do the maths.he was giving band members a $1000 a show,hardly ebeneezer morrissey.

He’s greedy and cheap.

Ebenezer Morrissey.
:lbf:
He doesn't allow a guest list?

Brendan Paris pics.

- “I’m unleashed on you once again and thank god you’re here and I am throwing my legs around Paris”
- “I must now confess to you because when I left here last night I thought I’d go for a very short walk by myself in the rain and I went down pigalle. Not very long. Maybe seven or eight hours. And yes I got some sniffles but I’ll keep them to myself and I’ll croak through the next few songs and you’ll forgive me that’s how it goes.”
- “as you know, of course, life is quite claustrophobic, super bland, lobotomized everything and on top of that’s sure enough the telephone rings.”
- “you live in, maybe, the most beautiful city in the world, maybe, maybe and your country is irreplaceable and you should hold on to it because if it goes you will never get it back, never get it back, that’s right don’t push me.”
- “even now in the midst of it all we have yet another new album which you can probably buy quite soon if you go to intermarche you buy some corn flakes, put your hand in the corn flakes and bleblelelebbbb you might find it. That’s the only way. It’s called without music the world dies.”

I’ll have to go back to look but I don’t think he’s played HSIN since Jersey and I think he and we are all better for it.

The set list was so strong. He was in good form despite the self diagnosed sniffles. His voice was untouched velvet.

I agree with others on another thread that the ticket prices are too high for the seats but knowing that he hasn’t been to Paris in more than five years, he can’t be blamed for asking for what he’s worth. Aside from the set next to me i didn’t see an empty seat anywhere.

This was my first time seeing him perform in Paris and it was very different than when I last saw him in Boston. I don’t know what comes over me but it can best be described as a spiritual experience at his shows. I’m up. I’m dancing. I’m singing. I’m shaking my ass. I started to do so last night at the sight of him in the first song and I was tapped on the arm by someone behind me to sit. In the US even if we have a seat, we stand at a morrissey show. In anticipation for the row in front of me to stand, I stood. But this isn’t the US. The row in front of me last night never stood. They sat the whole time.

There are many things I love about the French. Countless things. I’m a self diagnosed Francophile. But I will not understand the reserved nature of his fans at his show as I saw last night. I don’t have it in me to hold back. Perhaps it’s a quality to aspire to? It’s not criticism. It’s curiosity. It makes me wonder if this is why he hasn’t come to Paris for as long as he has, too.

Who knows. Until London.
The French are more introvert , afraid to show their emotions.

The French are more introvert , afraid to show their emotions.
To be fair, according to social media, a lot of attendees (at the front at least on both nights) were not French.
Regards,
FWD.

Personally, I don’t think it’s a great look. But his reputation for being a tight-arse is something he’s been happy to lean into for years.

This was my first time seeing him perform in Paris and it was very different than when I last saw him in Boston. I don’t know what comes over me but it can best be described as a spiritual experience at his shows. I’m up. I’m dancing. I’m singing. I’m shaking my ass. I started to do so last night at the sight of him in the first song and I was tapped on the arm by someone behind me to sit. In the US even if we have a seat, we stand at a morrissey show. In anticipation for the row in front of me to stand, I stood. But this isn’t the US. The row in front of me last night never stood. They sat the whole time.

There are many things I love about the French. Countless things. I’m a self diagnosed Francophile. But I will not understand the reserved nature of his fans at his show as I saw last night. I don’t have it in me to hold back. Perhaps it’s a quality to aspire to? It’s not criticism. It’s curiosity. It makes me wonder if this is why he hasn’t come to Paris for as long as he has, too.

Who knows. Until London.

What do you think the gammon means by this:

“you live in, maybe, the most beautiful city in the world, maybe, maybe and your country is irreplaceable and you should hold on to it because if it goes you will never get it back, never get it back, that’s right don’t push me.”

Another extreme right wing dog whistle? He couldn't be talking of the Great Replacement Theory could he? He couldn't be! ... Could he?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom