Paris - Salle Pleyel (March 9, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before / Jim Jim Falls / Rebels Without Applause / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / Knockabout World / The Loop / The Bullfighter Dies / Without Music The World Dies / Every Day Is Like Sunday / Istanbul / The Night Pop Dropped / Half A Person / Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Trouble Loves Me / Jack The Ripper // Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @Mozzer1980 & FWD - confirmed by Buddy T

Last edited:
Morrissey really is gorgeous. I love him so much! Does anyone else prefer the In Your Lap intro to Everyday Is Like Sunday, though, or is it just me?

You're right, papy crowd, old cantankerous rockers with arthritis, some come to be in a mass, not in a rock show.
Fortunately, some nices girls and guys to speak with after the show.
Reminded me of the crowd at the Status Quo gig I attended last year (who, without irony, told me to sit down when Down Down was played): Unbelievable.

That’s genuinely the worst audience I’ve ever seen at a Morrissey gig. They seem beyond ‘old’; certainly no joie de vivre, and for some rigor mortis has evidently set in.

Can someone identify this pre show video?

63906E88-C335-4E17-8CFD-700AA98B127B.jpeg

Reminded me of the crowd at the Status Quo gig I attended last year (who, without irony, told me to sit down when Down Down was played): Unbelievable.

That’s genuinely the worst audiences I’ve ever seen at a Morrissey gig. They seem beyond ‘old’; certainly no joie de vivre, and for some rigor mortis has evidently set in.
Exactly,
I think that the Price restraint the common people + the lake of youth don't help for a better atmosphere

I'm still wondering what the hoodie thingy for 130 euro is that they had in the photograph last night. Anyone know? - it's not in these but it was behind the employee in the photos from yesterday. It has to be something more than just a simple hoodie for over £100.
I’m intrigued by this as well

I’m intrigued by this as well

It looked liked his face in the centre but it's hard to tell the rest of it. It's the only item I can see in the merch shots that I can't see online anywhere. Someone who attended please enlighten us! Someone has to know what it is.

Last edited:
Set List looked better paced than previous evening but I only really like JimJim Falls and Istanbul out of the later* material.... (Post-2010). As I haven't heard studio versions of the newer songs I cannot really comment on whether I like or dislike them yet.
What is interesting is that in 2002 and 2008 Moz unveiled 3 or 4 new songs in the setlists and the audience were really appreciative.
But now it seems not so much?

Like yesterday i was at the 2nd Parisian gig. Here is my review in french on sunburnsout.com website with pics from another fan Jean Do. A great 2nd night with a few fair changes and moves in the setlist which brought more dynamics to the first half. Morrissey was less talkative and the band tighter. Excellent voice. 2 more Smiths song with Hooligan and Girlfriend. Out were Veronica and Alma Matters. The most important move was IBEH which went from the encore to the first half as the strongest track from the set. The audience was a bit more lively too and contributed to the overall very good performance. As i was noticing as a long time fan, what's surprising is there is no track left (except Everyday) from early solo era (Viva Hate/ Bona Drag) and what are considered as Moz' best LPs (Your Arsenal and Vauxhall). Though we got Our Frank and The Loop of course.

so funny, we fans and moz like to complain about the brutal unfair society and then we fight like animals or stupid kids over a piece of sweaty shirt

That is SO pitiful. Good thing Right Said Fred were on hand to sort it out

It was a pleasure to see Morrissey and the desserts perform last night.

Some of my favorite commentary between songs included the following…
- “I’m unleashed on you once again and thank god you’re here and I am throwing my legs around Paris”
- “I must now confess to you because when I left here last night I thought I’d go for a very short walk by myself in the rain and I went down pigalle. Not very long. Maybe seven or eight hours. And yes I got some sniffles but I’ll keep them to myself and I’ll croak through the next few songs and you’ll forgive me that’s how it goes.”
- “as you know, of course, life is quite claustrophobic, super bland, lobotomized everything and on top of that’s sure enough the telephone rings.”
- “you live in, maybe, the most beautiful city in the world, maybe, maybe and your country is irreplaceable and you should hold on to it because if it goes you will never get it back, never get it back, that’s right don’t push me.”
- “even now in the midst of it all we have yet another new album which you can probably buy quite soon if you go to intermarche you buy some corn flakes, put your hand in the corn flakes and bleblelelebbbb you might find it. That’s the only way. It’s called without music the world dies.”

I’ll have to go back to look but I don’t think he’s played HSIN since Jersey and I think he and we are all better for it.

The set list was so strong. He was in good form despite the self diagnosed sniffles. His voice was untouched velvet.

I agree with others on another thread that the ticket prices are too high for the seats but knowing that he hasn’t been to Paris in more than five years, he can’t be blamed for asking for what he’s worth. Aside from the set next to me i didn’t see an empty seat anywhere.

This was my first time seeing him perform in Paris and it was very different than when I last saw him in Boston. I don’t know what comes over me but it can best be described as a spiritual experience at his shows. I’m up. I’m dancing. I’m singing. I’m shaking my ass. I started to do so last night at the sight of him in the first song and I was tapped on the arm by someone behind me to sit. In the US even if we have a seat, we stand at a morrissey show. In anticipation for the row in front of me to stand, I stood. But this isn’t the US. The row in front of me last night never stood. They sat the whole time.

There are many things I love about the French. Countless things. I’m a self diagnosed Francophile. But I will not understand the reserved nature of his fans at his show as I saw last night. I don’t have it in me to hold back. Perhaps it’s a quality to aspire to? It’s not criticism. It’s curiosity. It makes me wonder if this is why he hasn’t come to Paris for as long as he has, too.

Who knows. Until London.

It was a pleasure to see Morrissey and the desserts perform last night.

Some of my favorite commentary between songs included the following…
- “I’m unleashed on you once again and thank god you’re here and I am throwing my legs around Paris”
- “I must now confess to you because when I left here last night I thought I’d go for a very short walk by myself in the rain and I went down pigalle. Not very long. Maybe seven or eight hours. And yes I got some sniffles but I’ll keep them to myself and I’ll croak through the next few songs and you’ll forgive me that’s how it goes.”
- “as you know, of course, life is quite claustrophobic, super bland, lobotomized everything and on top of that’s sure enough the telephone rings.”
- “you live in, maybe, the most beautiful city in the world, maybe, maybe and your country is irreplaceable and you should hold on to it because if it goes you will never get it back, never get it back, that’s right don’t push me.”
- “even now in the midst of it all we have yet another new album which you can probably buy quite soon if you go to intermarche you buy some corn flakes, put your hand in the corn flakes and bleblelelebbbb you might find it. That’s the only way. It’s called without music the world dies.”

I’ll have to go back to look but I don’t think he’s played HSIN since Jersey and I think he and we are all better for it.

The set list was so strong. He was in good form despite the self diagnosed sniffles. His voice was untouched velvet.

I agree with others on another thread that the ticket prices are too high for the seats but knowing that he hasn’t been to Paris in more than five years, he can’t be blamed for asking for what he’s worth. Aside from the set next to me i didn’t see an empty seat anywhere.

This was my first time seeing him perform in Paris and it was very different than when I last saw him in Boston. I don’t know what comes over me but it can best be described as a spiritual experience at his shows. I’m up. I’m dancing. I’m singing. I’m shaking my ass. I started to do so last night at the sight of him in the first song and I was tapped on the arm by someone behind me to sit. In the US even if we have a seat, we stand at a morrissey show. In anticipation for the row in front of me to stand, I stood. But this isn’t the US. The row in front of me last night never stood. They sat the whole time.

There are many things I love about the French. Countless things. I’m a self diagnosed Francophile. But I will not understand the reserved nature of his fans at his show as I saw last night. I don’t have it in me to hold back. Perhaps it’s a quality to aspire to? It’s not criticism. It’s curiosity. It makes me wonder if this is why he hasn’t come to Paris for as long as he has, too.

Who knows. Until London.

I've had an absolutely epic 9 days in this incredible city. Seeing my beloved M live was a real bonus - a treat - a cherry on me - a dollop of ww-hipped cream.

Take good care of yourself, Morrissey. I will be sending you heaps of love and healing.

Is there a 'baby j', or other, vid of 'Pop Dropped' from last night (9th)?

Sniffles? Haha, what are we wagering that he cancels the next few shows?

Girlfriend in a Coma

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom