Paris - Salle Pleyel (March 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Our Frank / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before / Rebels Without Applause / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / I Am Veronica / Without Music The World Dies (live debut) / Let Me Kiss You / The Bullfighter Dies / The Night Pop Dropped (live debut) / Istanbul / Trouble Loves Me / Half A Person / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of: @Like_Elvis_In_The_Movies, @Mozzer1980, Twitter, setlist.fm & FWD.

Last edited:
Pics from Paris

Morrissey @ Salle Pleyel 08 Mars 2023 ap2 (4).jpg

I like that look a lot. Not smart casual but smart mixed with casual. I think it suits his schtick down to a tee (pun intended or not).
It is a look that I am beginning to associate with Morrissey, to be sure. I suppose I was looking for a reason for the reported quietness and unresponsiveness of the audience, but I admit it's a long time since I lived in France, and I expect more casual styles are more acceptable today. There is however, a long-established principle in costume which is that more difficult to launder items such as jackets should be worn with an easily washed under layer such as a shirt that protects the collar and cuffs from touching the skin. Of course, rich people can have jackets cleaned very frequently if they wish!

Thanks for doing these lyrics. A few lines I hear differently: the second line sounds like it starts 'The bars ran dry'; the fourth line sounds like it starts 'He held us firm' and then I'm not sure about the rest of the line, maybe 'til the last sun-warm' if that makes sense; then line three in the second verse sounds to me like 'No taboo on booze and touch'.
Yes agreed, have made those changes. Didn't see your post until now as you're 'anonymous' & I block 'anons', so if you have any more changes please @ me as I'll stand a better chance of seeing your post. Cheers; credited in relevant post.

Well, I, for one, have had Without Music, The World Dies going ‘round & ‘round in my head all day. I love the guitar part, & the overall sound of it really takes me back to classic Moz of ‘91. The chorus is indeed catchy as f***, & the melody of the verses has been firmly lodged in my memory after just a few plays of the videos on this thread. The lyrical themes might be familiar to Moz fans but they are how Morrissey feels so what else do you expect him to express? Somebody else’s feelings? Most songs ever written are about loving or losing a woman; so are all songs just pointless rehashes? Of course not.

Morrissey might not be writing the greatest lyrics of his life but as long as he keeps delivering catchy, original songs like this, I’ll keep listening, buying & enjoying his records.

Same here. I didn't think much of either of them at first but, like you, they've been occupying my mind for the past few days.

This has probably been said here already (I can't read all 13 pages at the moment), but it's incredible to me he doesn't perform Throwing My Arms Around Paris while performing in Paris! The crowd would explode.

I have to agree. It would be a good move. Might have woken up the living dead in the audience.

Moins enlevé que d'habitude !!
Un Morrissey plus loquace!!
Un concert moyen!!
Copie a revoir!!!

I can't find any recordings of this night's I Am Veronica on YouTube yet - does anyone know if it's been copyright blocked?

Someone somewhere oh yeah ...

:whale:

The gang's all gone...

:telephonereceiver:

Everyday is like Sunday

Still with Miley :unsure:

🐂

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom