Painting and Drawing

I ate the berry from inside one of these Chinese lanterns behind the fence. It had a pleasant taste.

I was walking with someone and she asked me who my favorite artist is, and I said Egon Schiele. She asked why, and I told her that it's because his art is vivid, has life, is bold.
View attachment 66243
that's how i would describe gauguin not egon schiele. egon schieles work was raw, full of truncated grim looking bodies. he had an obsession with death and decay.

but heres a self portrait of him with chinese lanterns!

1606972221275.png

A neighbor called me up and said she was suicidal. I spent some time with her, and promised I will go with her at noon tomorrow to the hospital if she's still feeling like that's what she wants then. She asked me to go with her there today, but I have little faith in hospitals to help her, so I put it off until tomorrow, hoping the mood will have passed by then. Spending time together talking about whatever seems to have helped. I showed her some Egon Schiele art on her phone, and my Chocolate Lab on my phone. That brightened her mood a little. She said that she likes that my art is wonky.

A neighbor called me up and said she was suicidal. I spent some time with her, and promised I will go with her at noon tomorrow to the hospital if she's still feeling like that's what she wants then. She asked me to go with her there today, but I have little faith in hospitals to help her, so I put it off until tomorrow, hoping the mood will have passed by then. Spending time together talking about whatever seems to have helped. I showed her some Egon Schiele art on her phone, and my Chocolate Lab on my phone. That brightened her mood a little. She said that she likes that my art is wonky.
To the hospital for what?!? Please don't tell me to facilitate killing herself...

To the hospital for what?!? I
She has the illusion that they'll help her at the hospital. I doubt they would. I think they'll just screw her up more, but she has the idea they'll save her from feeling lonely, traumatized, and suicidal.

To the hospital for what?!? Please don't tell me to facilitate killing herself...
No, she just has this fantasy that they'll solve her pain somehow. She's delusional to think so, but that's what desperation can do - make one cling to fantasy.

I'm feeling distraction prone tonight. I don't know why. I don't feel desire to paint. I wish I did. It's just gone. I hope it comes back soon.

Maybe it's because people are in bad shape around me. Really bad shape. Neighbors. Then, downtown today, I saw several people bedded down in the cold on the concrete. The 'pandemic' certainly must be freaking me out too. Usually I can just do my own thing though, but not tonight. Maybe making and watching a video reading from my rough memoir will snap me back into a painting groove. I made one. It's uploading to YouTube now.

I played ball with the Chocolate Lab today, whose owner is getting the painting of a Chocolate Lab for xmas. She's got a lot of red in her brown coat. She's just about a year old. If we lose our freedom, what will become of her? This 'pandemic' is just breathing down our necks if we aren't the elite or the servants of the elite.

Tags
art artwork drama drawing drudgery expression fun fury painting
Back
Top Bottom