Painting and Drawing

A snail's pace
20201018_052804.jpg

It doesn't pop out like eye candy but I like it, though I put the signature too low.
20201018_181023.jpg

Last edited:
He could use a tan but I already put the whiskers and brow hairs on, and I'm afraid to smudge them.

Before you were playing with paint and having a type of creative therapy and now it's work just like you said. Learn to make it fun I guess. Keep a little sketchbook where you work out ideas. It's good that you finish all your paintings but maybe you need another way to work through ideas without any pressure about the end result.
It's all about the process anyway, not the end result, because there is always another project.
I think you're putting the pressure on because you're comparing your latest work to your early work and now you're thinking too much about improving or keeping a certain standard. Just keep working.
Also what I wrote the other day about using primaries isn't important since you've already done that and understand the idea. What you might do instead is try to make any color you use (straight from the tube) part of your palette for that painting by using it mixed with your other colors, too. This way it looks like part of that world.
Keep doing self portraits and working from photos or live models, too. It seems like you get something extra from that.
I think making it fun applies to all activities. Like going back to that supermarket where I was charged $5 for something I didn't buy, and complaining. Or, just using the self-checkout. Fun fun fun. Writing my memoir. Fun.