Pageant Of His Bleeding Heart

georgina

and after all this time
What's going on with this book? Amazon has a March release date but they have been dangling it in front of me since August.

I searched Ebay and a few good book sites, no luck.

I was wondering if it was available in the UK

I'm starting to wonder if it even exists.

well I still can not find a release date but saw this on Amazon
41TfBf39RDL._SS500_.jpg

I do not have this but I want it for the cover image alone.

What's going on with this book? Amazon has a March release date but they have been dangling it in front of me since August.

I searched Ebay and a few good book sites, no luck.

I was wondering if it was available in the UK

I'm starting to wonder if it even exists.

i thought about this book recently too. i requested it from the publishers through my job and haven't heard back from them.

Does anyone know if either of these books are meant to be any good?

well I still can not find a release date but saw this on Amazon
41TfBf39RDL._SS500_.jpg

I do not have this but I want it for the cover image alone.

I just picked this up at a local record shop, so it's available in the US.
I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

I got "Morrissey in Conversation" for my birthday (last month) and it is, indeed, very good. I like to have a book that has several good Morrissey interviews in one place.

Thanks- I might put it on the Xmas list then.

Morrissey: The Pageant of His Bleeding Heart

Found this while surfing on Amazon. Looks like it is set for a March 2008 release. Here is a synopsis from Amazon:

"Morrissey is arguably the greatest disturbance popular music has ever known. Even more than the choreographed carelessness of punk and the hyperbolic gestures of glam rock and the New Romantics, Morrissey's early bookish ineptitude, his celebration of the ordinary, and his subversive endorsement of celibacy, abstinence and rock `n' roll revolutionized the world of British pop. As an increasingly pugnacious solo artist, too, he consistently adopts the outsider's perspective and dares us to confront genuinely uncomfortable subjects. In his brilliant and original book, Gavin Hopps examines the work of this compelling performer, whose intelligence, humour, suffering and awkwardness have fascinated audiences around the world for the last 25 years.

Hopps traces the trajectory of Morrissey's career - from its beginning in the early 80s with the Smiths to the release of his latest album Ringleader of the Tormentors - and outlines the contours and contradictions of the singer's elusive persona. The book illuminates Morrissey's coyness (how can he remain a mystery when he tells us too much?), his dramatized melancholy (surely more of a radical existential protest than the gimmick some believe it to be), and his complex attitudes towards loneliness and alienation, as well as his intriguing sense of the religious.

In the course of this penetrating study of Morrissey's oeuvre, Hopps offers close readings of individual lyrics and illuminating comparisons with a range of literary figures - such as Lord Byron, Mary Shelley, George Eliot, Christina Rossetti, Oscar Wilde, Samuel Beckett, Paul Celan and Philip Larkin. Morrissey: The Pageant of His Bleeding Heart, at once erudite and accessible, argues convincingly for Morrissey's inclusion in the pantheon of literary greats."

Re: Morrissey: The Pageant of His Bleeding Heart

you said penetrating
10.gif

Damn straight! I'll type it again: P-E-N-E-T-R-A-T-I-N-G...

P.S. Remember to let the right one slip in.:)

I'm seriously impressed the author was able to get this book published. I'm trying to imagine him pitching this to a major publishing house,

"I'm writing this book about Morrissey's early bookish ineptitude, his celebration of the ordinary, and his subversive endorsement of celibacy, abstinence and British pop, give us money...":)

Corrissey this little icon dude is the best! I do that shit all the time with the air boning. No one appriciates it though hahaha. How do I obtain such a thing?

Corrissey this little icon dude is the best! I do that shit all the time with the air boning. No one appriciates it though hahaha. How do I obtain such a thing?

HA!! Air boning! ROTFLMAO. You and I really need to party. Bring our brain halves together... just to destroy them with alcohol. :D

I use Photobucket.
For these I typed in search: Smiley Hump :)

SmileyHump.gif

boink.gif

HA!! Air boning! ROTFLMAO. You and I really need to party. Bring our brain halves together... just to destroy them with alcohol. :D

I use Photobucket.
For these I typed in search: Smiley Hump :)

SmileyHump.gif
boink.gif

Well the next time Moz ends up in the midwest I'm sure I'll take a trip out there. I have yet to explore that part of the country but I know some pretty cool people live there.
Speaking of destroying brain cells, I feel like mine are dying daily. I'm going to have to start stealing yours, sorry to break it to you.

And as to not totally hijack...I also asked for The Converstaions book for Chrsitmas. But an autobiography of sorts would probably make me cry with joy for sure.

Back
Top Bottom