Pageant Of His Bleeding Heart

Re: This will either be interesting

I personally just wanna read his autobiography. I'd rather have him explain himself then read others attempting too. =|

Buuuttt, I can wait a little longer for him to finish it. He's busy enough as it is, with the new album and then more touring. :D

The only book that I have about Morrissey is Morrissey The Albums by Johnny Rogan. =| and I only read that at school when I'm bored. (It's also slightly useful for when I'm looking for a song.)

Re: This will either be interesting

I personally just wanna read his autobiography. I'd rather have him explain himself then read others attempting too. =|

Buuuttt, I can wait a little longer for him to finish it. He's busy enough as it is, with the new album and then more touring. :D

The only book that I have about Morrissey is Morrissey The Albums by Johnny Rogan. =| and I only read that at school when I'm bored. (It's also slightly useful for when I'm looking for a song.)

I was given that book as a gift, and I think it is a nice companion piece. Yes, yes I know Rogan wrote it - but once one gets over the fatwa Morrissey issued on his ass, I think one can find the book interesting. I thought we had discussed just about everything about the songs here in the forum; however, there is a good deal of backstory to the songs and albums. It's a dead easy read and is nice to pick up for 5 to 10 minute escapism reading.

Re: Morrissey: The Pageant of His Bleeding Heart

bba52bfe.gif

:D check your PM for 'that pic' I almost posted :rolleyes:

I'm starting to get all sentimental. I remember the days you'd type penetrating and vibrating to me with such frequency...

Corrissey, where have you gone?

:tears:

Can you type penetrate one last time?:)

Does anyone know if either of these books are meant to be any good?

A good question.

Does no one else think "Pageant Of His Bleeding Heart" sounds like a piss-take? Doesn't the title sound like something found in The Onion?

There was another 'serious' book to be written about Morrissey called "Knee Deep In Great Expectations". I can think of no better response to these bizarre titles than w-t-F?

New Morrissey Book Coming Out!

I saw this on Amazon.com and can't remember if it's going to be released this summer or later ( and you Brits probably already own a copy) but it's called, "Morrissey: The Pageant Of His Bleeding Heart" (it's not a hardcover; it's a trade (oversized) paperback. Check out Amazon to find out more. It seems like it's good to at least look into it. :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: New Morrissey Book Coming Out!

Books are overrated. All you could ever need to know can be learned on Inside Edition.

The publisher is going to send a copy of it to me next month. I could have gotten an advanced copy several months ago but they gave me the choice of having that or a finished copy. I chose the finished copy.

Man, I love working at a bookstore! :D

http://www.amazon.com/Morrissey-Pag...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209004813&sr=8-1

morrissey.jpg

Damn you, bysshe. I used to work in the book business as well, and sometimes advance copies are worth a LOT. I am SO envious! Well, you can be our book critic and let us know whether we should fork over for it. :D It IS a trade paper back, right? :D I'll say it again, missy! You are one lucky girl!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Books are overrated. All you could ever need to know can be learned on Inside Edition.

Ahem. "There's More To Life Than Books You Know But Not Much More" *someone* once proclaimed that nugget of wisdom :)

Ahem. "There's More To Life Than Books You Know But Not Much More" *someone* once proclaimed that nugget of wisdom :)

Who? That sounds familiar. Some jerk?

Damn you, bysshe. I used to work in the book business as well, and sometimes advance copies are worth a LOT. I am SO envious! Well, you can be our book critic and let us know whether we should fork over for it. :D It IS a trade paper back, right? :D I'll say it again, missy! You are one lucky girl!

By the time I get my copy, it'll be out on the shelves. I just like getting free books. :D

The best advance copy I have is James Ellroy's The Cold Six Thousand. I went to a book signing and took the advance copy and the finished book because I wasn't sure if he'd sign the advance. For those not in the book biz, some authors will refuse to sign advance copies because they are uncorrected proofs. Anyhoo, he signed both. In the advance copy, he wrote, "Slash marks on your soul." It is the sexiest personalization I have ever received.

David Sedaris personalized my copy of Holidays On Ice by saying, "To K - A prostitute." So his wins "Funniest Personalization." :D

I also have a brick signed by Clive Barker. :p

By the time I get my copy, it'll be out on the shelves. I just like getting free books. :D

The best advance copy I have is James Ellroy's The Cold Six Thousand. I went to a book signing and took the advance copy and the finished book because I wasn't sure if he'd sign the advance. For those not in the book biz, some authors will refuse to sign advance copies because they are uncorrected proofs. Anyhoo, he signed both. In the advance copy, he wrote, "Slash marks on your soul." It is the sexiest personalization I have ever received.

David Sedaris personalized my copy of Holidays On Ice by saying, "To K - A prostitute." So his wins "Funniest Personalization." :D

No!!!! You've met DAVID SEDARIS? Now I TRULY hate you! I LOVE HIM. "Holidays On Ice" has the brilliant story where he dresses up like one of Santa's elves and is so bored he tells people to step on "the magic step" and they will see Cher. "Me Talk Pretty One Day" is my favorite. NO ONE should read that book in a crowded place. The authorities will seriously drag your ass away for your hysterical laughter. Did James Ellroy just sign his name or did he dedicate it to you? You probably aren't going to sell these books anyway, but if you just have the author sign their name, the book is worth much more than if they signed it, "Dear K...." It KILLS me because I was working in a B. Dalton when "Hunt For Red October" came out. A first edition of that damned book is extremely rare and will earn you some serious bucks if you can find one. Very funny on Clive Barker. The authors I most want to meet are David Foster Wallace, Haruki Murakami, Cormac MacCarthy, and last but not least, Martin Amis. You haven't lived until you've read his book, "Money".

Whoa, major Ellroy fan here! In fact, he's my favourite author. About as un-Morrissey like as you can get, but there it is.

I've been waiting 7 years and counting for the third book in the trilogy ("Blood's A Rover"), which is due out this summer. If by any chance you get an advanc copy of it, let me know how it is!

"Me Talk Pretty One Day" is my favorite. NO ONE should read that book in a crowded place. The authorities will seriously drag your ass away for your hysterical laughter.
That is my fave David Sedaris book too. I luv him!

I've only gone to one book signing my whole life. Michael Ondaatje signed my copy of The English Patient. My heart broke a little when I discovered that his signature was practically a straight line. :tears:

That is my fave David Sedaris book too. I luv him!

I've only gone to one book signing my whole life. Michael Ondaatje signed my copy of The English Patient. My heart broke a little when I discovered that his signature was practically a straight line. :tears:

Mell, I think we discussed this once! That book is one of the most hilarious books EVAH! I like the story where the French class is arguing about where Easter came from. Depending on the author, book signings are like ...how can I explain this? You've basically spent hours under the covers reading the book with a book light and there's this intimate bond between you and the author. I guess it's sort of like meeting God. And hey, most authors are twats in person. So don't feel bad!

Mell, I think we discussed this once! That book is one of the most hilarious books EVAH! I like the story where the French class is arguing about where Easter came from. Depending on the author, book signings are like ...how can I explain this? You've basically spent hours under the covers reading the book with a book light and there's this intimate bond between you and the author. I guess it's sort of like meeting God. And hey, most authors are twats in person. So don't feel bad!

LOL we probably did...I luv me some David Sedaris! Have you seen him when he's come through San Diego? I'm still kicking myself that I've never gone to see him in person though he's been here a few times in the last few years.

As for that intimate bond...no, me and Michael Ondaatje didn't have that! I just like his books. :p I'm not good meeting talented people in person; I get surprisingly nervous, say "thanks so much," and then I run away in a mad panic. :o

Back
Top Bottom