Page Six Secret Service probe follow-up: emails from Morrissey's manager; meeting took place December 9, 2017 for 30 minutes in NYC (January 18, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
Leopold interview re: FOIA:

Starts ~39 mins. in.
FWD.

How did you find that, FWD? It's absolutely fascinating.
"The Nicole Sandler Show - Questioning Authority Daily
Every Monday, Nicole welcomes another musical artist to the show to talk music, news and even politics, and to share a few songs with us..." - https://nicolesandler.com/

Wishing Jason safe passage in his movements. He needs to join up with other parties making similar discoveries, to breach the moat of state bloat.

Yes. That’s a fair point. I was more thinking about the CND references which Malarkey recalled. The movement is still going, but anyone could be forgiven for not noticing.
Talking of the nuclear issue...there is this interview from 1987. He is asked directly about nuclear disarmament (from about 7'33'' onwards). It's not Moz at his most articulate - or mature. And strange to see Moz appearing to be lost for words when asked about South Africa. Not often Moz is lost for words!

Talking of the nuclear issue...there is this interview from 1987. He is asked directly about nuclear disarmament (from about 7'33'' onwards). It's not Moz at his most articulate - or mature. And strange to see Moz appearing to be lost for words when asked about South Africa. Not often Moz is lost for words!

Shirley Bassey & Queen had got hell for playing Sun City. He's fans of them both.

Plus no one was boycotting the UK for occupying Northern Ireland.

But he was against Apartheid.

(He probably got investigated by secret services for that too... )

20230125_130748.jpg

Last edited:
Shirley Bassey & Queen had got hell for playing Sun City. He's fans of them both.

View attachment 88034
That gig (in December 1986) was the last time The Smiths were on stage together, except for some TV appearances. It was rescheduled from November due to Johnny being in a car accident.

Talking of the nuclear issue...there is this interview from 1987. He is asked directly about nuclear disarmament (from about 7'33'' onwards). It's not Moz at his most articulate - or mature. And strange to see Moz appearing to be lost for words when asked about South Africa. Not often Moz is lost for words!...
He was getting tired. She was asking him to come up with pat solutions to some of the toughest conundrums in the world without letting him pause for breath.

He's right that it's not easy. People I know got sentenced today for protest against unconstitutional military use of Shannon airport.

At least The Banshees of Inisherin, which dramatises consequences of people falling out, and we spoke about before, is being nominated for a record number of Oscars.

These days more than ever, "if it's not love, then it's the bomb, the bomb, the bomb that'll bring us together."

I saw the film Belfast recently too. Your terrain, I think? A human story nicely made.
"British soldier pointing a gun/and I'm only trying to post a letter."

Last edited:

View attachment 88034

I was 13, reading a lot of hard science fiction and marching around with the hippies in the park, doing our small part to stop Apartheid.

Good for you, Steve, you took a stance.
Love you, baby.

He was getting tired. She was asking him to come up with pat solutions to some of the toughest conundrums in the world without letting him pause for breath.

He's right that it's not easy. People I know got fined and sentenced today for protest against unconstitutional military use of Shannon airport.

At least The Banshees of Inisherin, which dramatises consequences of people falling out, and we spoke about before, is being nominated for a record number of Oscars.

These days more than ever, "if it's not love, then it's the bomb, the bomb, the bomb that'll bring us together."

I saw the film Belfast recently too. Your terrain, I think? A human story nicely made.
"British soldier pointing a gun/and I'm only trying to post a letter."
Interesting point about the interview. He is definitely not at his most articulate. Cry Freedom was released in 1987. Such a great movie. It was over for the South African regime when that movie was released. Art really can change the world. It still took a few years for the regime to dismantle itself - but that movie I think was the writing on the wall.
Yes, great to see Banshees nominated for several awards. I liked Belfast too - although a bit too much Van Morrison on the soundtrack for my liking. Have never been a fan. Did admire his stance on convid though.
Great that people protest about the use of Shannon Airport. Well worth protesting about.

Thanks. I’ve never seen that before. And there he is caught between complete utter resignation, and basically sympathising with terrorists/revolutionaries.

Great to see it on camera. We’ve all been there in the pub, I expect. But it must be particularly awkward when you’re aware that it’s going out on television.

I’m imagining he saw it broadcast, said ‘f*** it’, and immediately wrote Margaret on the Guillotine.

Jason Leopold is mentioned in this piece for researching art made in Guantanamo Bay prison and redactions made on records he got, among a host of other exhibits of withheld information - https://www.muckrock.com/news/archi...gnizing-the-worst-in-government-transparency/

And a recent book by Aaron Leonard, called Whole World in an Uproar: Music, Rebellion and Repression - 1955-1972, probably what Jason Leopold was trying to remember in the interview with Nicole Sandler, explores what it says on the cover.

Back
Top Bottom