Page Six Secret Service probe follow-up: emails from Morrissey's manager; meeting took place December 9, 2017 for 30 minutes in NYC (January 18, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
That entire string of words are the only words some people here know how to make word salad out of. I typed it all out so that no one else would have to
Oh I know, but I was feeling kinda frisky at the time of reply :lbf:

You can't get more anti-war than I Bury the Living. Probably one of the most 'political' songs of Morrissey's entire career.
Yes. That’s a fair point. I was more thinking about the CND references which Malarkey recalled. The movement is still going, but anyone could be forgiven for not noticing.

...Nothing is cheap about my life, most things have a deep meaning for me. However, it seems that many of my fellow US citizens can really leave a lot to be desired, sadly. Just look at Alec Baldwin. The sad rich....
Aside from ancient rumours of bad feeling between him and ex-wife Kim Basinger, Alec Baldwin seems to have some character. Consider his SNL Trump skits. And the fact he's been a very vocal anti-gun campaigner and NRA critic. The film he was making, Rust, was based on the idea of someone sentenced to hanging for an accidental shooting. Unbelievable if it wasn't true.

Last edited:
The smearing and demonising seems to go on alongside the censoring. For example, regarding Prince Harry's book, all I read and heard from various sources in the past week was his boast about the number of people he killed in Afghanistan. But that was a lie: "The British press made great play of Harry’s confessed tally of ‘enemy combatants’ killed. He wrote:

In reporting this, the BBC brazenly reversed the truth of Harry’s intended meaning..." - https://www.medialens.org/2023/harr...the-corporate-medias-automatic-smear-machine/

I'm sure Morrissey had a few words of sympathy in the past for his mother Diana who also distanced herself from and criticised the royal family. As with her, the obedient mainstream media have it in for Harry, made worse for his naming it.

Back to the Secret Service interview, didn't Morrissey's manager and team acquit themselves admirably through this ordeal? All i's dotted and t's crossed. Bravo!
I seem to remember Morrissey's comments about Diana being very similar to those of Christopher Hitchens - that she was a vacuous airhead who had never read a book or expressed an intelligent thought. In this clip Hitchens adds - with terrible taste in men - which, although true, is hard to hold against her. Hitchens was also no fan of the House of Windsor.
If you google Morrissey and Princess Diana, however, you find the most bizarre stuff about his (apparently) predicting her death via Strangeways Here We Come and all sorts of crazy coincidences. The internet really is f***ed up.

I seem to remember Morrissey's comments about Diana being very similar to those of Christopher Hitchens - that she was a vacuous airhead who had never read a book or expressed an intelligent thought. In this clip Hitchens adds - with terrible taste in men - which, although true, is hard to hold against her. Hitchens was also no fan of the House of Windsor.
If you google Morrissey and Princess Diana, however, you find the most bizarre stuff about his (apparently) predicting her death via Strangeways Here We Come and all sorts of crazy coincidences. The internet really is f***ed up.

Someone made art out of it - which is a more sensible use of urban myths.

I'm surprised that rumour survived and morphed. It sort of implies that when it comes to Diana's demise, Morrissey himself was running a one-man secret service :straightface:

He's the all-seeing-eye.

It seems to have inspired the Blogs That Shall Not Be Named - plus was on Frank Furedi's radar:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...we-get-the-conspiracies-we-deserve-73000.html

All of this must be accumulating* into an Adam Curtis segment.

*Edit: I have no idea what word Auto Correct thought I was trying to spell.

Last edited:
Someone made art out of it - which is a more sensible use of urban myths.

Is it an 'urban myth' or just bollocks?
Morrissey must be totally bemused and probably more than a little annoyed by the phenomenon. From his point of view he probably thinks - if they are going to imagine I predicted someone's death, at least let it be of someone remotely interesting or important, and not someone I couldn't give a flying f*** about.

Is it an 'urban myth' or just bollocks?
Morrissey must be totally bemused and probably more than a little annoyed by the phenomenon. From his point of view he probably thinks - if they are going to imagine I predicted someone's death, at least let it be of someone remotely interesting or important, and not someone I couldn't give a flying f*** about.
Diana and Morrissey were virtually contemporaneous and had a lot in common! Both were English, controversial, with alternative ideas about royalty, in huge media demand: popular culture celebrity staples.

'Clues' could easily be found in Morrissey's prolific oeuvre (so many songs...) reflecting everyday current issues (that say something to me about my life...) about probably many other events as well, by someone with such an unusually active imagination and artistic ability as Lars Laumann must have. I'm not even sure if he was the originator. Wasn't there a website first? FWD may know...

He's the all-seeing-eye.

It seems to have inspired the Blogs That Shall Not Be Named - plus was on Frank Furedi's radar:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...we-get-the-conspiracies-we-deserve-73000.html

All of this must be accumulating* into an Adam Curtis segment.

*Edit: I have no idea what word Auto Correct thought I was trying to spell.
Thanks for making me aware of Frank Furedi. He's just been commenting on the WEF, in the same zines that published recent Morrissey articles, saying conspiracy theories don't apply but the annual PR exercise may soon peter out for other reasons, and on how the culture war is ruining Britain.

"What I’m interested in is finding individuals who embody the dilemmas of our time," said Adam Curtis, so Diana and Morrissey are candidates. His last big project was Traumazone, about the story of Russia; a daunting watch I've yet to gird my loins for, but only a month ago he's also been confiding about his experiences of being labelled a conspiracy theorist. "...the word “conspiracy”, I’ve noticed, has changed its meaning… It’s also increasingly used by people deep within that narrow bandwidth as a criticism of people who are outside the bandwidth, who may actually have a reasonable, alternative attitude to the world.”

He concludes by pinning hope on a new type of radical journalism, that seeks the truth, which is maybe what good ole Jason Leopold is beavering away at here : )

Jason Leopold does not work for NY Post. He works for Bloomberg and did not report on anything pertaining to his beat.

He made a FOIA request, likely out of boredom - tweeted the reply - at which point NY Post picked it up.

You people really aren't very smart. It's taken this for me to understand how clueless most of you are.

It's so odd.
Coming from the person who thought I live in Oblivion was like This Charming Man, in subject matter and feel. You are the fakest know nothing biatch on here. You constantly write as if you know what M is thinking and saying yet prove time and time again, you know very little about him or his art or references

You write like a fat person
As for the story its nothing burger. The Feds are duty-bound to question people in the public eye, who threaten their Mr President.
It happened in the UK to M in the 80s (or early 90s) That time the filth paid him a house visit

Leopold interview re: FOIA:

Starts ~39 mins. in.
FWD.

Coming from the person who thought I live in Oblivion was like This Charming Man, in subject matter and feel. You are the fakest know nothing biatch on here. You constantly write as if you know what M is thinking and saying yet prove time and time again, you know very little about him or his art or references

You write like a fat person
As for the story its nothing burger. The Feds are duty-bound to question people in the public eye, who threaten their Mr President.
It happened in the UK to M in the 80s (or early 90s) That time the filth paid him a house visit
The More I Ignore You, The Less Sleep You Will Get"

Thanks for making me aware of Frank Furedi. He's just been commenting on the WEF, in the same zines that published recent Morrissey articles, saying conspiracy theories don't apply but the annual PR exercise may soon peter out for other reasons, and on how the culture war is ruining Britain.

"What I’m interested in is finding individuals who embody the dilemmas of our time," said Adam Curtis, so Diana and Morrissey are candidates. His last big project was Traumazone, about the story of Russia; a daunting watch I've yet to gird my loins for, but only a month ago he's also been confiding about his experiences of being labelled a conspiracy theorist. "...the word “conspiracy”, I’ve noticed, has changed its meaning… It’s also increasingly used by people deep within that narrow bandwidth as a criticism of people who are outside the bandwidth, who may actually have a reasonable, alternative attitude to the world.”

He concludes by pinning hope on a new type of radical journalism, that seeks the truth, which is maybe what good ole Jason Leopold is beavering away at here : )

Yeah - Morrissey absolutely does embody the dilemmas of our time & more journalists should chase up the details.

It's also nice he's starting to interact (slightly) with mainstream journalists.

Diana and Morrissey were virtually contemporaneous and had a lot in common! Both were English, controversial, with alternative ideas about royalty, in huge media demand: popular culture celebrity staples.

'Clues' could easily be found in Morrissey's prolific oeuvre (so many songs...) reflecting everyday current issues (that say something to me about my life...) about probably many other events as well, by someone with such an unusually active imagination and artistic ability as Lars Laumann must have. I'm not even sure if he was the originator. Wasn't there a website first? FWD may know...
Moz and Diana had a lot in common?
It's a point of view - but I don't see much similarities between them. Thank God.
One is a great singer and lyricist. The other married well. Or married badly, according to your point of view.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom