Page Six Secret Service probe follow-up: emails from Morrissey's manager; meeting took place December 9, 2017 for 30 minutes in NYC (January 18, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew this was coming…
This is why Morrissey doesn’t trust the press or journalists and we’re stuck with very basic interviews. He’s always accused of lying or being misquoted. I don’t blame him.

This entertaining side effort I am sure does not amuse Leopold's superiors at Bloomberg, who are probably wondering why their reporter is spending time on stuff their subscribers (bankers and rich people) don't care about.
"A shadow-ban is when a user is blocked from a social media site or online forum without their knowledge. This is typically done by making their posts and comments invisible to others. The experience is like being on “invisible mode”: only the banned user can see their own posts, meaning they may not realise they have been shadowbanned..."

See https://charitydigital.org.uk/topics/topics/a-guide-to-shadowbanning-10642 for a careful good-faith overview of what shadow-banning is, which "Forbes also notes can impact growth and income for business owners and artists."

This presumably partly explains Bloomberg's interest when interference in business (and other) promotions may be going on. "Bloomberg Media's mission is to empower business leaders and our brand partners by inventing the solutions, knowledge and connections they need to thrive in a transforming world. We do this through deep, smart, global reporting of the world of business, powered by unmatched data and the world's largest newsroom." - https://www.bloombergmedia.com/about/

Paul D’Alessandro, founder and chairman of High Impact Nonprofit Advisors warns that "organisations that focus on “controversial” issues should plan for the possibility of being shadow-banned."

In outing deliberate biased strategies engaged in not only by social media platforms but also by state agencies and all kinds of influential figures with grudges, Matt Taibbi beats much less about the bush - https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._a_public-private_censorship_bureaucracy.html

If some such agency or person who took a dislike to, for example Morrissey, on releasing singles like Rebels Without Applause, then took a notion to punish that person by restricting their public reach, this is how they could, and evidently, in an increasing number of cases, have been doing it.

Is there any chance Jason Leopold would go the extra mile and check out this speculation, I wonder?

"A shadow-ban is when a user is blocked from a social media site or online forum without their knowledge. This is typically done by making their posts and comments invisible to others. The experience is like being on “invisible mode”: only the banned user can see their own posts, meaning they may not realise they have been shadowbanned..."

See https://charitydigital.org.uk/topics/topics/a-guide-to-shadowbanning-10642 for a careful good-faith overview of what shadow-banning is, which "Forbes also notes can impact growth and income for business owners and artists."

This presumably partly explains Bloomberg's interest when interference in business (and other) promotions may be going on. "Bloomberg Media's mission is to empower business leaders and our brand partners by inventing the solutions, knowledge and connections they need to thrive in a transforming world. We do this through deep, smart, global reporting of the world of business, powered by unmatched data and the world's largest newsroom." - https://www.bloombergmedia.com/about/

Paul D’Alessandro, founder and chairman of High Impact Nonprofit Advisors warns that "organisations that focus on “controversial” issues should plan for the possibility of being shadow-banned."

In outing deliberate biased strategies engaged in not only by social media platforms but also by state agencies and all kinds of influential figures with grudges, Matt Taibbi beats much less about the bush - https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._a_public-private_censorship_bureaucracy.html

If some such agency or person who took a dislike to, for example Morrissey, on releasing singles like Rebels Without Applause, then took a notion to punish that person by restricting their public reach, this is how they could, and evidently, in an increasing number of cases, have been doing it.

Is there any chance Jason Leopold would go the extra mile and check out this speculation, I wonder?

Rebels Without Applause was shadowbanned? Someone better tell Spotify, Amazon and YouTube.

(Incidentally, there's at least a dozen fan videos/love videos/leaked audio of the song on YouTube, small wonder the official release didn't get much attention, everyone's heard it)

This guy was supposed to get both sides of the story to begin with.
It's one of the basic rules of journalism.
Guess it's different these days with the faster information of the
internet.

What difference would it honestly make with msm who smear and demonize people they disagree with (just like leftists do) for a living? 🙄

It's rough in America, especially if you're plugged into CNN, FOX NEWS, MSNBC, ONE AMERICA NEWS, etc. Those channels prey on the weak minded, elderly, and the very bored. It's not just the left, and it gets even stupider the more you realize. These networks and their followers have helped to create most of the recent animosity/violence we've seen in America.

In the US, it's way past time to unplug from it all.

Last edited:
The smearing and demonising seems to go on alongside the censoring. For example, regarding Prince Harry's book, all I read and heard from various sources in the past week was his boast about the number of people he killed in Afghanistan. But that was a lie: "The British press made great play of Harry’s confessed tally of ‘enemy combatants’ killed. He wrote:

‘So, my number: Twenty-five. It wasn’t a number that gave me any satisfaction. But neither was it a number that made me feel ashamed. Naturally, I’d have preferred not to have that number on my military CV, on my mind, but by the same token I’d have preferred to live in a world in which there was no Taliban, a world without war.’ (p.184)
In reporting this, the BBC brazenly reversed the truth of Harry’s intended meaning..." - https://www.medialens.org/2023/harr...the-corporate-medias-automatic-smear-machine/

I'm sure Morrissey had a few words of sympathy in the past for his mother Diana who also distanced herself from and criticised the royal family. As with her, the obedient mainstream media have it in for Harry, made worse for his naming it.

Back to the Secret Service interview, didn't Morrissey's manager and team acquit themselves admirably through this ordeal? All i's dotted and t's crossed. Bravo!

Jason Leopold does not work for NY Post. He works for Bloomberg and did not report on anything pertaining to his beat.

He made a FOIA request, likely out of boredom - tweeted the reply - at which point NY Post picked it up.

You people really aren't very smart. It's taken this for me to understand how clueless most of you are.

It's so odd.
Who gives a crap about where he posts his stories or who picks them up? He reported something that was not true.

Last edited:
You don't mind that compulsive lying, criminal, vile, piece of sh*t fascist? How can you possibly be a Morrissey fan?
Because I thought he took a sensible stance on illegal immigration, produced an economy that actually saw dynamic real wage growth for lower and middle class income earners and was doing his best to rebalance terrible trade deals with China.

Add to that that he was the first President since WW2 to get America into no new wars, oversaw a thaw in relations between North and South Korea and a normalisation of relationships between Israel and many Middle Eastern countries through the Abraham Accords I thought were all decent wins in a first term.

Because I thought he took a sensible stance on illegal immigration, produced an economy that actually saw dynamic real wage growth for lower and middle class income earners and was doing his best to rebalance terrible trade deals with China.

Add to that that he was the first President since WW2 to get America into no new wars, oversaw a thaw in relations between North and South Korea and a normalisation of relationships between Israel and many Middle Eastern countries through the Abraham Accords I thought were all decent wins in a first term.
Fascist fascist fascist fascist liar liar fat fascist fascist kiss my pussy blah blah blah nazi blah

It seems Morrissey had to cancel three shows in the beginning of December 2017 due to this nefarious "police state affair".

He said he canceled due to band illness, I think he was interview in NYC an entire week after his NYC show, but he had gone thru other places where there were SS field offices and he could have done the interview sooner. He tried to get it for when he returned to CA, but I guess the SS did not agree.

I'm glad Morrissey did respond - it means more people will see that he's anti-Trump.
Equally good to see an affirmation of his pacifist stance, particularly in the current climate.

He wore an alternative poppy, not too long ago as I recall. One of his finest hours.

Spoke to Damon for 15 minutes? That must’ve been riveting!! Amazed he can string a sentence together.

Equally good to see an affirmation of his pacifist stance, particularly in the current climate.

He wore an alternative poppy, not too long ago as I recall. One of his finest hours.

He's never been keen on war. I was surprised how often he mentions CND in the 80s because it's not really associated with him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom