Page Six: Did Morrissey lie about Secret Service probe into his Trump murder boast? (January 13, 2022)

UPDATE Jan. 18:

Page Six Secret Service probe follow-up: emails from Morrissey's manager; meeting took place December 9, 2017 for 30 minutes in NYC (January 18, 2022)

Excerpt:

Page Six hears that magical musical misery Morrissey seems to have been taking liberties with the truth — or perhaps misremembering the facts a little.

The “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now” singer said in 2017 that he had been investigated by the Secret Service after he told German paper Der Spiegel that he would kill Donald Trump for the “safety of humanity.” (The claim recently resurfaced in a Daily Beast story about his peculiar politics.)

But we’re told Freedom of Information Act guru and Bloomberg senior investigative reporter Jason Leopold recently asked the Department of Homeland Security to look up its records about the supposed inquisition — but the men in dark sunglasses say they don’t know what he’s talking about.

In a letter seen by Page Six, the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees the USSS, wrote to Leopold, “The Secret Service FOIA Office has conducted a reasonable search for all potentially responsive documents. [It] searched all Program Offices that were likely to contain potentially responsive records, and no records were located.”

At 4:08:

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Typically these type of interactions aren’t covered by freedom of information requests. Also I can imagine a phone call or having an agent turn up to his hotel wouldn’t be too far fetched and would not necessarily be recorded.

This is up there with Watergate….what a scoop. Imagine your life being so entirely pointless you have to investigate this.

I do think he probably got a visit, even though I don't think his threat was credible, just stupid, I think they have to follow up on those kinds of things.

Well, it’s like being in an airport and saying you have a pipe bomb in your bag. Of course you’re going to be detained. So, in the same vein, you can’t make statements about killing the president without being questioned.

Why would he lie about it anyway ? What is there to gain?

And the police - they actually know me
They said:
"You're just another person in the world
You're just another fool with radical views
You're just another who has maddening views
You want to turn it on its head
By staying in bed!"

I said: "I know I do"

The letter referred to in the article that the journalist received from the Department of Homeland Security has Morrissey’s name spelled wrong.

Saying they have no record of it and saying it didn't happen are two completely different things.
Anyway Morrissey speaks beautifully in this clip.
Why someone would try and get information on this is anyone's guess. Who cares ?.

reminds me of the time he was questioned by u s immigration officers and one of them had to go to his car and a get a cd with his face on it to show the other officers proof of identity.

Last edited:
He has a track record of telling porkies, so this could be another one.
we all tell porkies now and again,i was a serial liar in the 90s,thank god i have grown up a bit since then.

much ado about literally nothing.must have been a slow news day at page six.
wonder if page six do page three.

Last edited:
Steven Patrick Morrissey telling big porky pies !!!!!!
Really ???????
When will he ever learn. :rofl:
Under the freedom of information act I got in touch with Just Eat (Altrincham)
Turns out they regularly deliver Doner Kebabs, KFC and McDonalds to Beechmount.

Benny 🇬🇧:knife:

Remember when the TSA agent at SFO played with his Willy too?

This is up there with Watergate….what a scoop. Imagine your life being so entirely pointless you have to investigate this.
Or imagine how pointless your life is to lie about it having happened in the first place?

It always seemed very unlikely.

US Secret Services have far more to be busy with than having any concerns with an ageing pop star making some flippant comment in some interview.

There are huge numbers of celebrities who have spoken out against Trump far more effectively than Morrissey ever did and have never been questioned by the secret services.

I suspect he just likes to embellish life to try to make it more interesting for himself or to try to make his place in the world seem far more significant that it is in reality.

I doubt they even cared. Morrissey would like to think everything he says is taken notice of or gets some kind of high ranking attention. Most people won't even notice.

reminds me of the time he was questioned by u s immigration officers and one of them had to go to his car and a get a cd with his face on it to show the other officers proof of identity.
also nonsense.

You think US immigration officers don't have access to look up a CD on a screen without going to a car to look at a cd?

The letter referred to in the article that the journalist received from the Department of Homeland Security has Morrissey’s name spelled wrong.

"A US Secret Service spokesman said that they were aware of the comments, but that the agency doesn't comment on specific or general investigations related inquiries."

To:

The Secret Service declined to weigh in on the singer’s claim when reached for comment.

“The U.S. Secret Service has a robust protective intelligence section that is responsible for the analysis of information, assessment of risk and investigation of threats. The Secret Service does not comment specifically nor in general terms on the means and methods of protective operations, protective intelligence or investigations,” the agency told The Washington Times.

And that was at the time.
Regards,
FWD.

I do think he probably got a visit, even though I don't think his threat was credible, just stupid, I think they have to follow up on those kinds of things.
Exactly. Probably par for the course with those guys. I'd say they ticked a box and didn't need to file a report. Probably got some Bowie records signed too.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom