Paddy Considine interview in The Independent, mentions Morrissey

A great interview in The Independent today with the always amazing Paddy Considine about his acting career and also his band, Riding the Low.

The whole thing is here and the Morrissey content is below:

The band [Guided By Voices] is clearly an influence, but there are also shades of REM, Morrissey, early Fleetwood Mac, and definitely (maybe) a hint of Oasis. Is Considine owning up to any of them? The foppish Mancunian, yes. “When I wrote the song ‘Black Mass’, I thought it sounded like a Morrissey song,” he admits. “I think he still makes fantastic music. I saw him live a few years ago, in Benicassim, and I thought it was an amazing show.”

He pays no mind to the controversies that engulf the singer almost every time he opens his mouth, to pronounce on everything from immigration and race to sexual assault victims. “I try not to get too involved in what they say. I just love the music. I’m not going to lose my s*** because Morrissey goes on a rant about something that I don’t agree with. I can very easily separate the artists from the art.”

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Paddy is one of the better actors in the UK. His work in the Shane Meadows films alone, means he should be sainted
The fact he name checks M and gives public support is great news.
Good for Paddy. Good for M. Some of us hace always thought M shoudl work with Shane in some way. If its a video get Paddy in it

Paddy is one of the better actors in the UK. His work in the Shane Meadows films alone, means he should be sainted
The fact he name checks M and gives public support is great news.
Good for Paddy. Good for M. Some of us hace always thought M shoudl work with Shane in some way. If its a video get Paddy in it
Dead Man's Shoes is one of the great British films and his performance helps elevate it above mere revenge Brit social realism fodder.
Definitely up there with the better actors in the UK today and seems to be a well-grounded individual.

Dead Man's Shoes is one of the great British films and his performance helps elevate it above mere revenge Brit social realism fodder.
Definitely up there with the better actors in the UK today and seems to be a well-grounded individual.

Dead Man's Shoes is a classic. Watching it in the cinema was a powerful experience. I loved This is England too. The film and the TV series. The film dealt with themes of English nationalism in a way very similar to 'The National Front Disco'. Paddy Considine is one of the best English actors working today. And Shane Meadows is one of the best English directors working today. Respect.

Dead Mans Shoes is a masterpiece

“I try not to get too involved in what they say. I just love the music. I’m not going to lose my s*** because Morrissey goes on a rant about something that I don’t agree with. I can very easily separate the artists from the art.”

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Well… I could. And I’d probably do it in 5,7,5 format.

After enjoying Romeo Brass and then seeing Dead Man's Shoes thereafter, he most certainly is a forceful presence on screen.
Regards,
FWD.

A great interview in The Independent today with the always amazing Paddy Considine about his acting career and also his band, Riding the Low.

The whole thing is here and the Morrissey content is below:

The band [Guided By Voices] is clearly an influence, but there are also shades of REM, Morrissey, early Fleetwood Mac, and definitely (maybe) a hint of Oasis. Is Considine owning up to any of them? The foppish Mancunian, yes. “When I wrote the song ‘Black Mass’, I thought it sounded like a Morrissey song,” he admits. “I think he still makes fantastic music. I saw him live a few years ago, in Benicassim, and I thought it was an amazing show.”

He pays no mind to the controversies that engulf the singer almost every time he opens his mouth, to pronounce on everything from immigration and race to sexual assault victims. “I try not to get too involved in what they say. I just love the music. I’m not going to lose my s*** because Morrissey goes on a rant about something that I don’t agree with. I can very easily separate the artists from the art.”

full
Always so desperate to bring up Morrissey's "bad opinions" in an attempt to frighten any other artist from liking him. Then these media worms go back to gushing over fascist atrocities like Joe Biden or Justin Trudeau.

because Morrissey goes on a rant about something that I don’t agree with. I can very easily separate the artists from the art.”

what’s wrong with these people? Why do they need to defend themselves with a line like that? Why do they care what people think? There’s no need to defend or explain anything to anyone! LOVE WHAT YOU LOVE, the rest could just FUUCK off.

Cowards otherwise.

because Morrissey goes on a rant about something that I don’t agree with. I can very easily separate the artists from the art.”

what’s wrong with these people? Why do they need to defend themselves with a line like that? Why do they care what people think? There’s no need to defend or explain anything to anyone! LOVE WHAT YOU LOVE, the rest could just FUUCK off.

Cowards otherwise.

If people have a problem, I don't give a hoot.
Owl listen to what I like.

He's great in Red Riding trilogy based on the David Peace books. Also starring Maxine Peake who narrated the excellent 'Transmissions: The definitive story of Joy Division and New Order' on Spotify.

paddy is a good guy with a good range when it comes to acting.
as for seperating the art from the artist,well their agent would tell them to say that because they have a career to think about.
hail hail.

Last edited:
paddy is a good guy with a good range when it comes to acting.
as for seperating the art from the artist,well their agent would tell them to say that because they have a career to think about.
hail hail.
Totally.

That's the answer you give a journalist whose crossing their fingers their interviewee dishes some dirt on Morrissey's views. I can see why some would give that answer but for once I'd love to hear something like -

"Yeah I don't agree with everything he says but I admire a man who speaks his mind and stands for what he believes in, blah, blah, blah..."

But alas the world is full of cowards. People are just so afraid of pointing out that there are problems with immigration. How can we have something like immigration which is basically the flooding in to a country of peoples from other countries without problems? Of course it's going to have problems. But admitting there might be problems with it is troublesome.

We can talk about certain animals being introduced into other ecosystems that don't get along and then said ecosystem crumbles but apparently we humans are so infallible that there is absolutely no problem ever happening anywhere with immigration. It's as if there's nothing written in the annals of history about people not getting on with each other. Are we happy being that ignorant? Apparently so.

Yes it's best we just point at the naughty man who brings it up in interviews and call him racist. There, job done. It must be nice towing the line and agreeing with the mob on everything lest one's head gets chopped off.

No thanks. Not into mobs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom