Paddock Wood, Kent - Hop Farm Music Festival 2011 (July 2, 2011) post-show

Re: Article: Paddock Wood, Kent - Hop Farm Music Festival 2011 (July 2, 2011) post-sh

I hate to say this, but he looks sickening good on the big screen :)
http://yfrog.com/gzvkfyxwj (from FatGayVegan)

"Lou was haggard god bless him, Iggy was nuts, morrissey is just coming on."
"Morrissey now. A spring chicken compared with the rest"

lol

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / The Kid's A Looker / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Action Is My Middle Name / Meat is Murder / Satellite Of Love / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Alma Matters / Irish Blood, English Heart / First Of The Gang To Die / This Charming Man // Panic

set list provided by an anonymous person

Morrissey, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, Hop Farm Festival by Bruce Dessau, The Arts Desk. Link posted by Brucedes.
Lou Reed covers Lennon. Morrissey, Patti and Iggy all play on a memorable night at Hop Farm - Echo Magazine. Link posted by Echo Magazine.
Hop Farm Festival 2011: Photos From Day Two - Gigwise
Morrissey lights up Hop Farm - MusicWeek. Link posted by lastparty.

Last edited:
Got a text from a reliable forumite who said when I asked Any surprises?? They answered
"Not Much Iggy was wild Patti uplighting Moz brpught kids a lookers back He said people have the power.Meat is number 1 threat to planet. Great night lapped up"

Re: Article: Paddock Wood, Kent - Hop Farm Music Festival 2011 (July 2, 2011) post-sh

My God, Iggy looks horrific. Perfect example of why Morrissey is right to keep his shirt on these days!

Do you have any idea why Iggy's body has so many wrinkles? I tried to figure it out with the help of Google, because I did not ask before, but did not find much of an answer. There was only one album cover on which he seemed to have cut himself.

I just got home! 10 minute's drive back !! It was such an amazing set. Morrissey was absolutely loving it, really feeding off the crowd, he even got off the stage and went doen to the front row a few times, first during Alma Matters and then again later during FOTGTD, he did change some of the lyrics of the latter to OWWWWWW as his arm was being ripped out of his sockets by some lady's and gents in the front!
He said how this was the most well run and put together event in the country and there was barely any self deprecation as there was at glastonbury, although he did say "how can i go on after Iggy". As I said before, he and the band seemed to enjoy it immensely.
His encore as said above was indeed Panic and he ended the evening with a big " I LOVE YOU ALL"

Fantastic to hear Speedway after the abandonment at Plymouth! Brilliant evening. And The Stooges tore the place to pieces!!!!

I hate to say this, but he looks sickening good on the big screen :)
http://yfrog.com/gzvkfyxwj (from FatGayVegan)

"Lou was haggard god bless him, Iggy was nuts, morrissey is just coming on."
"Morrissey now. A spring chicken compared with the rest"

lol

Why would you HATE to say that?

Yep, PANIC was the last tune. It was a quality set. He's looking good, sounding good and seemed to really enjoy himself tonight. Roll on Leeds...

as soon as someone has the setlist, please post! thanks.

iggy looks like his skin is melting much less his career by now.

Morrissey was excellent! A really really good set; great sound, his voice sounded perfect, absolutely electric. Also Hop Farm overall was very well organised, no queueing, excellent shuttle-bus service between the festival site & train station, great chilled crowd!! Patti Smith & Iggy were excellent. Iggy did most of "Raw Power" album!

And "Panic" was an encore! Loved every minute of his set.

Hop Farm = A Quality "music lover's" festival, Morrissey also commented on it.

A cracking show - wonderful atmosphere, brilliant performance. The crowd was huge (miles bigger than his Glasto show), and absolutely loved it. Also, he ended on a massive high with TCM, FOTGTD, and P.
Personally, I loved hearing the pre-Quarry solo rarities (Ouija, Alma, Fatty etc) but a bit disappointed that we didn't get Oh Mother, the song I was looking forward to most. Will just have to try and attend one of the concerts next week...

Great to hear the good reviews and more importantly that Moz and the band really enjoyed playing. That makes a huge difference!

I couldn't believe it when Moz played "The Laughing Gnome" by Bowie! And dedicated it to Iggy!

Oh Mother, the song I was looking forward to most. Will just have to try and attend one of the concerts next week...

Are you talking about I Know It's Over or a different song..? Why do you call it that?

I Want The One
Fatty
You Have Killed Me
Shoplifters
Ouija Board
Light
People Are The Same
Sunday
Action
Meat Is Murder
Satellite Of Love
Paris
Speedway
Alma Matters
Irish Blood
First of The Gang
Charming Man
Panic

I couldn't believe it when Moz played "The Laughing Gnome" by Bowie! And dedicated it to Iggy!

Troll

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom