Oye Esteban

S

suzanne

Ok a while ago, there was a bit of a poll topic over whether or not looks play a very important roll in how morrissey chooses his band. not only that, there have been whiners amongst you that complain that mozzer is being viewed as an object of want instead of being regarded as a literary genius.

I now have concrete proof of what i'm talking about.

the DVD oye esteban.

yes, i'm years behind you people in the acquisition of electronic devices, and yes, i'm also probably the last person around here to see all of these videos as you probably all sit around and watch them every night at supper, but i've finally somewhat caught up. And upon viewing the 70 minutes contained within, let me pose the question of how many people out there who want to be regarded strictly as literary geniuses slither all over rocks in the dessert dressed in mesh shirts?

not too many.

within, there is something more damning than simply mr buff in a lame shirt and perfectly coiffed hair giving it his all. he's also surrounded in many of these videos with very presentable musicians. well dressed, manicured, and stylistically in-tune with the look they're going for, absolutely none of them can be classified as "slovenly" "greasey" "out of shape" or "beaten with an ugly stick". not only are they in the videos, but they aren't like John Popper of Blues Traveller who was filmed in a poorly lit setting and closely cropped so about all you could see was his hat.

go back and look at your videos as i maybe saw something very wrong. flip through your copies of Morrissey Shot. know that i speak the truth.

Re: Aside one or two videos, most of them are boring to death

And there was a time when Morrissey hated to do videos, god now i know why: HE SUCKS. Please Moz fans, don't bite me, it's not to offend, but those awful little videos like dageham dave, you're the one for me fatty, whe hate it when our friends..., my love life, what is that?? Reminds me british sitcoms from early 80. I watch because I love the man, but I could live without that amount of untalented videos. he shows his face with the band behind, and that is all,hey I felt disapointed and there are just some videos that are willing. Boxers, one of his best songs with that laughable boring video, that stupidity in black/white, and not to mention the CRAP wich is Sunny, or the boy racer (can you believe that?). Listining to the boy racer I imagine lots of things, like a gorgeous man in an old Porsche (like James Dean's), the glory of fame, the lights, the poetry, and what do you see? That moron in a car with two chicks, and some scenes where Morrissey, like often, shows his face with a band behind. it's amazing when you think that Morrissey is able to do damn good music, but so pale and mediocre videos.
Morrissey, if you never do a new video anymore, I won't complain.

> Ok a while ago, there was a bit of a poll topic over whether or not looks
> play a very important roll in how morrissey chooses his band. not only
> that, there have been whiners amongst you that complain that mozzer is
> being viewed as an object of want instead of being regarded as a literary
> genius.

> I now have concrete proof of what i'm talking about.

> the DVD oye esteban.

> yes, i'm years behind you people in the acquisition of electronic devices,
> and yes, i'm also probably the last person around here to see all of these
> videos as you probably all sit around and watch them every night at
> supper, but i've finally somewhat caught up. And upon viewing the 70
> minutes contained within, let me pose the question of how many people out
> there who want to be regarded strictly as literary geniuses slither all
> over rocks in the dessert dressed in mesh shirts?

> not too many.

> within, there is something more damning than simply mr buff in a lame
> shirt and perfectly coiffed hair giving it his all. he's also surrounded
> in many of these videos with very presentable musicians. well dressed,
> manicured, and stylistically in-tune with the look they're going for,
> absolutely none of them can be classified as "slovenly"
> "greasey" "out of shape" or "beaten with an ugly
> stick". not only are they in the videos, but they aren't like John
> Popper of Blues Traveller who was filmed in a poorly lit setting and
> closely cropped so about all you could see was his hat.

> go back and look at your videos as i maybe saw something very wrong. flip
> through your copies of Morrissey Shot. know that i speak the truth.

didn't morrissey say that he was a complete and total sex object? i mean, the magazine he said that in is shown clearly in the video for "interesting drug." morrissey enjoys being a sex object, albeit an intelligent one. nothing wrong with that.

good job, suzanne.

morrissey's videos are like your favorite books that get made into movies. you always have a vision of what it's supposed to look like, and sometimes get disappointed if the final product doesn't live up to what you had imagined. i like moz's videos because i like getting to see him in action. i don't like all of them ("sunny" is probably my least favorite video), but i like how they don't always match up with the action of the song. it's a lot more interesting than an n*sync video where they're in an insane asylum because the song they're singing is about how a girl drives them crazy. at least moz's videos are never ever clichéd.

p.s. boxers is, like, my least favorite solo song. too damn melodramatic even for moz. it's a nice song, but sort of boring. *knows she's incurring many a person's wrath right now*

> morrissey's videos are like your favorite books that get made into movies.
> you always have a vision of what it's supposed to look like, and sometimes
> get disappointed if the final product doesn't live up to what you had
> imagined. i like moz's videos because i like getting to see him in action.
> i don't like all of them ("sunny" is probably my least favorite
> video), but i like how they don't always match up with the action of the
> song. it's a lot more interesting than an n*sync video where they're in an
> insane asylum because the song they're singing is about how a girl drives
> them crazy. at least moz's videos are never ever clichéd.

> p.s. boxers is, like, my least favorite solo song. too damn melodramatic
> even for moz. it's a nice song, but sort of boring. *knows she's incurring
> many a person's wrath right now*

yes, i can name who's wrath you are incurring and that would be Fabricio!

i made no claims as to the quality of the videos. some are downright cheesey to the point where you are hitting the fast-forward button. but they are still mostly enjoyable in some screwed up way.

i think Mindy's right. we expect more out of Moz songs/videos, coz the lyrics are so powerful. But they're so cheesy. I mean, Ouija board IS funny, with 'How to Improve your spelling'. But most of them are unintentionally cheesy- Boy Racer (Moz getting pulled over by the cops); Everyday is like .. (Girl is spying on Moz, and Moz is wearing a pic of her on his shirt; everybody in the store buying the new Moz single) etc and so on. And the one where Moz is trying to be serious and the band members are eating ice cream suggestively behind him (off Arsenal)Boxers (the boxer gets to meet moz). My Love Life. Interesting Drug. hell, I even think Moz on a tractor is funny.

I think I'd just as soon see moz do a performance video as do those cheesyass videos.

> yes, i can name who's wrath you are incurring and that would be Fabricio!

who? forgive my ignorance.

> i made no claims as to the quality of the videos. some are downright
> cheesey to the point where you are hitting the fast-forward button. but
> they are still mostly enjoyable in some screwed up way.

and the first time i saw NSAM, i groaned. my brother came in the room and said, "yeah right, that guy isn't a flaming f*****." (my brother is a HUGE homophobe in the grand tradition of eminem and 12 to 25 year old males everywhere, although he also hates eminem.) it was way too much. but now it's grown on me. i think it's very sexy.

Oh yeah, add NSaM to that list. No wonder Moz has got the reputation he does. that video is more than I can take.

> i think Mindy's right. we expect more out of Moz songs/videos, coz the
> lyrics are so powerful. But they're so cheesy. I mean, Ouija board IS
> funny, with 'How to Improve your spelling'. But most of them are
> unintentionally cheesy- Boy Racer (Moz getting pulled over by the cops);
> Everyday is like .. (Girl is spying on Moz, and Moz is wearing a pic of
> her on his shirt; everybody in the store buying the new Moz single) etc
> and so on. And the one where Moz is trying to be serious and the band
> members are eating ice cream suggestively behind him (off Arsenal)Boxers
> (the boxer gets to meet moz). My Love Life. Interesting Drug. hell, I even
> think Moz on a tractor is funny.

i haven't seen the one for "ouija board" yet. but i think boy racer is funny because the stupid townie slags and the boy racer presumably end up getting smashed up at the end. the EdILS vid is cute, but definitely cheesy. WHIWOFBS cracks me up. my friend though spencer was gay and had a thing for moz for years after seeing that video (she was a fan before i was). don't get me started on boxers. and moz on a tractor is very funny. BUT not as funny as moz playing bongos to lambies.

> I think I'd just as soon see moz do a performance video as do those
> cheesyass videos.

i dunno. some of the perfomance vids the smiths did were VERY cheesy. but, they were filmed at TOTP, right? so i guess they have an excuse.

> yes, i can name who's wrath you are incurring and that would be Fabricio!

Or Somnium, YOU BIG GENIUS. However, Boxers is a great song, drama queen like many other morrissey's.

> i made no claims as to the quality of the videos. some are downright
> cheesey to the point where you are hitting the fast-forward button. but
> they are still mostly enjoyable in some screwed up way.

it's because you know nothing about art, but why should i care, you great unpolite frustrated girl. Now you're going to lick Mindy's ass, right? Unfortunatelly Mimi is travelling. No wonder why most people here treat you so bad. Sorry for not being a girl. Talk to Mindy, be happy.

Re: Sure, who needs Madonna when you have November Spawned a Monster?

callas, you're way out of line.

Re: The 'November Spawned A Monster' video makes me Moist.

> morrissey's videos are like your favorite books that get made into movies.
> you always have a vision of what it's supposed to look like, and sometimes
> get disappointed if the final product doesn't live up to what you had
> imagined.
Yeah love, that's what I meant.

i like moz's videos because i like getting to see him in action.

So watch LIVE IN DALLAS, what action you see in seasick yet still docked, for example? By the way I LOVE seasick, but it's like seeing a very depressed man going to sleep,

> i don't like all of them ("sunny" is probably my least favorite
> video), but i like how they don't always match up with the action of the
> song. it's a lot more interesting than an n*sync video

love, anything is better than n'sync video, even a "suzanne's video", if she had one.

where they're in an
> insane asylum because the song they're singing is about how a girl drives
> them crazy. at least moz's videos are never ever clichéd.
> p.s. boxers is, like, my least favorite solo song. too damn melodramatic
> even for moz. it's a nice song, but sort of boring. *knows she's incurring
> many a person's wrath right now*

by action, i mean that i like to see him sing and stuff. he doesn't have to be bouncing off the walls.

and i know anything is better than an n*sync vid, but most videos these days seem to be on a par with them.

The only Moz vid equal to great art is 'seasick, yet still docked'.

Cry much!