Own Morrissey's jacket from the "World Peace..." promo photo - only $2500! - The Golden Closet

Golden Closet are selling one of Morrissey's jackets from the World Peace promo photo shoot.

MORRISSEY 1950s Black Wool Suit Jacket - The Golden Closet
Item # M0380
Price: $2,500.00

This jacket was worn by Morrissey for a July 2014 promotional image for his new album release “World Peace Is None of Your Business.” It is black wool with red and grey pin stripes. The fabric in the lapel is distresses and has small holes and tears. The promotional image in which this jacket is worn has been on the cover of several online articles like NPR music, and on the cover of magazines like NME.

...Presented by The Golden Closet, your premier source for iconic screen used wardrobe, props, and music entertainment memorabilia.

M0380.jpg

M0380e.jpg

M0380g.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
To keep in alignment with the tour, the auction will be cancelled midway through.

Re: Article: Own Morrissey's jacket from the "World Peace..." promo photo - only $2500! - The Golden

To keep in alignment with the tour, the auction will be cancelled midway through.

Let us know when you get ill and we can spew forth some tedious jokes too.

Re: Article: Own Morrissey's jacket from the "World Peace..." promo photo - only $2500! - The Golden

Let us know when you get ill and we can spew forth some tedious jokes too.

Oh, anytime. If I am injured and / or sick, you will absolutely be the first person to know.

Last edited:

Sign of the times !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

He wears wool, drinks milk, and eats dairy products. He's not a Vegan. The sheep are not killed by any means, they just get a haircut. Now if the wool was from a slaughtered sheep, that's a different story.

I wonder why Moz would wear wool. I thought he was opposed to the exploitation of sheep. :(

BundleBear

Oh no, this sheep wasn't exploited. It asked to be sheared so it could look like the girls off the 'Your Arsenal' tour backdrop...

;-)

He wears wool, drinks milk, and eats dairy products. He's not a Vegan. The sheep are not killed by any means, they just get a haircut. Now if the wool was from a slaughtered sheep, that's a different story.

He eats eggs, I mean chicken eggs

Yeah but if the sheep were killed in the 50s it's past the vegan slaughter statute of limitations so it's fine. :p

He eats eggs? Arent eggs unfertilized embryos? He is a animal hating monster! Doesn't he know that chickens are cooped up, free range or not, then they have their eggs stolen from them, by meat eaters no less? That's unforgiveable. Those eggs could be from KFC chickens.

On a serious note, I always thought he was a hypocrite for not being vegan. For such a high horse he should practice what he preaches. Chickens are animals too, why is their freedom not important?

He doesn't eat eggs . here is the link.
http://www.globalanimal.org/2012/04/26/morrissey-reminds-us-that-meat-is-murder/

He may still eat dairy products though. Never read anything about that.

He eats eggs? Arent eggs unfertilized embryos?

An embryo is a fertilized egg. The chicken eggs that are sold and consumed are not fertilized, i.e. they're eggs -- no rooster sperm involved. A hen can lay an egg per day, so it's like she's having her period and, uh, you're eating it.

I know for a fact that he eats eggs and cheese and uses milk products. Don't care to prove it but is definitely the case.
Nothing wrong with that, he is not vegan and has never claimed to be.
He also wears leather shoes and a belt, because leather is not the reason the cows are killed - the meat is, of course. So I guess he feels it would be a waste not to use it.
The wool jacket looks a bit big. Does anyone know how these people came to be in possession of the jacket?

He also wears leather shoes and a belt, because leather is not the reason the cows are killed - the meat is, of course. So I guess he feels it would be a waste not to use it.

That's is a common misconception, but leather is not a byproduct of the meat industry:
http://www.care2.com/causes/the-shocking-truth-about-leather-no-its-not-a-meat-byproduct.html

Does anyone know how these people came to be in possession of the jacket?

My guess is that it was the property of a prop/wardrobe stylist who sold it after it was worn by Morrissey for the shoot. Nothing in the listing indicates that it was his jacket.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom