Overview of Brentwood - An excellent night

GirlAfraid23

I had the most amazing time in Brentwood last night...it was the strangest venue ever, a swimming pool and gym inside it as it was a leisure centre. I was just constantly thinking this is a very odd venue for Morrissey and wondering what he thought when he drew up outside!
I got a lovely tshirt from the merchandise stand - a sweetie pie in a lilac colour with Morrissey across the shoulders at the back. Opened with this charming man, what a charming man indeed! Dressed in a casual brown shirt...just lovely!
Many Smiths numbers were churned out, including cemetery gates, how soon is now, ask, is it really so strange? played death at one's elbow which was a shock!!! Irish blood was wonderful and Why don't you find out for yourself was also delightful along with Paris and many numbers off of swords, which I'm not as keen on but still he chose the best ones, ganglord and teenage dad being my faves! Crashing bores of course and with an encore of First of the gang! Then in classic moz style, threw his shirt into the audience and there was a huge scramble over it!
Highlights for me were a young man getting onto the stage and kissing his hand! I didn't expect that to happen in Brentwood. Moz putting on a mock-essex accent (so cute) - yay for those of us from there {he was in my hometown! aaahhh!} And then Moz passing the mic around to the audience at the front...what an obliging and beautiful man.
Excellent night! I am getting withdrawal symptoms already and really want to see him again!

Oh and I swear he looked right at me during the performance of how soon is now :) :love: I wish!

Last edited:
That was 'Morrissey the 23rd' who leaped onto the stage.
The venue was similar to the Doncaster Dome which is also a leisure centre with pool and ice rink, although the dome is probably slightly bigger.
Not sure why they had unsecured seats in the venue as no one checked tickets and not many people went to their seats - the seats ended up falling over by the end.

"young man" - LOL! Hugh will be pleased. When did he make it up on stage so I can check Youtube?

"young man" - LOL! Hugh will be pleased. When did he make it up on stage so I can check Youtube?

think it was 'One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell' but not 100% sure it was definitely between "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself? / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Death At One's Elbow /"

The venue was similar to the Doncaster Dome which is also a leisure centre with pool and ice rink, although the dome is probably slightly bigger.

Aye, I went to that one too. Also a few years back he played the Northgate Arena in Chester ( Maladjusted Tour I Think) which is a similar kind of venue so not entirely unprecedented.

Back
Top Bottom