Out and about - Morrissey at The Distillers in Hollywood (Sep. 15, 2018)

44306_morrissey_at_distillers.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There was only one Spinnerette album and she was in fact married to Tim Armstrong and left him for Josh who she met on tour. Coral Fang was their best album because it was indeed a break-up album so if that’s what you mean as a good influence on her? Okay. Spinnerette album was excellent I think. And anyway Moz I’m sure knows nothing of any of it.

I mistook the ep ghetto love as another album. I didn’t care for it and didn’t give either of them that much attention or diploid love for that matter as I didn’t care for that either. Coral fang was great but she was in the middle of divorcing tim when she was writing that though it doesn’t matter much. Both the divorce and album came out in 2003 I think and she wrote it earlier than that. I’m aware of fall back down and the whole cheating divorce deal. really though the tim influencing thing was for the most part a well known joke among fans. I also don’t really care if you like spinnerette or not or if you like he new single or not. I’m just saying what I thought and don’t know why you’re so hostile about. I’m not saying anything that the majority of distillers fans arent saying in forums everywhere and in the comment section of man vs magnate which I posted here when it came out. As for morrissey knowing who they how should I know or care. He probably just got taken to a show or wanted to see another show like the rancid one he saw not long ago

I'm sorry but going out at that age comes across a bit pathetic and no swede in his or her right mind would do such a thing but of course the brits in their various blood mixes believe they are young forever and can pull that sort of thing off when in truth they can't.
Moz better get himself a satellite dish and some movie accounts online cause I don't wanna see his old mug at 65 some gig where some guys at the age of 20 are playing.
So is there supposed to be an age limit when you're not allowed to enjoy live music anymore? It's pretty pathetic if you plan on retiring from having a social life by the time you're 60. But then, having read some of your other ramblings, it's probably best for us all if you do. Or even sooner!

So is there supposed to be an age limit when you're not allowed to enjoy live music anymore? It's pretty pathetic if you plan on retiring from having a social life by the time you're 60. But then, having read some of your other ramblings, it's probably best for us all if you do. Or even sooner!
I did ages ago so you can relax but there is nothing more pathetic than people over 40 in clubs and at gigs. 2006 I retired from having a social life although clubs and gigs is not a social life that is just being pathetic if you are too old.
I used to hate Sweden for being such an ageist place but have come to agree with it as I grew old myself. Sorry I triggered you oldie!

Take a look at this and see what I mean.

Not a fan of that band or anything but if that isn't pathetic and tragic and so much more nothing ever is.

I think if you're socially awkward like he is, you're probably not great at making and sustaining friendships, and even casual ones are probably fraught with difficulty. He has said many times he only feels like himself when he's on stage, so I imagine that must make him feel quite displaced when he's not... which might explain the touring. That, and the money, obviously.

Goodness, what are you people on about in this thread? Morrissey has some life-long friends he's very tight with, like Linder and James Maker. Going to shows is one of his great loves in life, but on top of that he was probably there to see if he wanted Starcrawler to open for him (they were opening for the Distillers).

Goodness, what are you people on about in this thread? Morrissey has some life-long friends he's very tight with, like Linder and James Maker. Going to shows is one of his great loves in life, but on top of that he was probably there to see if he wanted Starcrawler to open for him (they were opening for the Distillers).
I was replying to Amy, who was questioning why he didn't hang out more with friends who weren't part of his band - or whether in fact he has any - and whether this might explain why he tours so much. You are not telling either of us anything we don't already know, but thanks for giving us the benefit of your Great Knowledge of Morrissey's Life.

Last edited:
I close my eyes and dream of 1992 then I open them and this is it. Then I cry

Back
Top Bottom