Morrissey Central "OUR ONE TRUE PRINCE" (July 12, 2020)

Screenshot_20200712-162535.jpg

(Full interview link & archive article here at the time - see below).
FWD.

Related items:

“If Ponce (Prince) came from Wigan he would have been slaughtered by now.”
Morrissey 1986
He was certainly hilarious to look at, crazy mad hairstyles thru the years, ridiculous clothes and boots with huge high heels to make him appear taller. Bizarre makeup too made his appearance even stranger so in my eyes he's no style icon. I can take or leave his music but his style puts me off in the same way I could never get into bands like The Stone Roses as they looked dreadful.

Howard Jones criticising Prince, his guitar and defining what rock n roll is. I saw HoJo in concert and it was fun but yikes.

I have no idea who that is - but didn't pop stars always bitch about their rivals in the olden days?

It's not really as viable now because they get more traction from each other's platforms & tea is a dangerous business.

Compared to damn Prince of all people, Moz is devoid of talent... fansite or not.

I know this site can be delusional at times but let’s not bend the actual truth.
Uh!!! Another one who wants to stand out attacking Moz!!
Is absolutely dellirious!!!.
I wonder why these people come to the site dedicated to Morrissey.,it is sick to enter in solo.
MOZ and Prince are very well known.... talented ,each with a particular style,but 1st my MOZ!!!

thanks for letting us know. i think most of us will be able to sleep tonight knowing where you stand with morrissey as a person. i will also forward this to morrissey as he was quite worried about your opinion of him (he's been talking about it all quarantine! and he's glad you are a new member here). i know he will thank you for liking some of his music though. it means a lot. just keep playing the hits, okay?!
Ja ja ja jaaa good jaja😁🎸😁😁😁👏👏👏

Morrissey isn’t on any list, with ANY of those artists. Least of, Prince. Prince was galaxies above him. Jesus Christ, Prince has more unreleased, self-written material coming in the next 5 years - dead- than Morrissey’s various hired guns have written over his entire career. Not your mention a stellar band.

Oh... and sales.

Here is Morrissey, back on an 1885 radiogramme with John Peel & Howard Jones, on "Let's Go Crazy" (spoiler ~ he's not crazy about it}

{context ~ Prince had just made an infamous appearance at the BPI awards flanked by 2 huge minders and treated everybody there with disdain, and got alot of publicity for it}

*NB ~ According to "Autobiography", Morrissey, in an attempt to downplay the status of John Peel as 'discovering' The Smiths ~ he insists it was John Walters {Peel's radio producer} not Peel who was the more instrumental ~ states that he only ever met JP twice in his life. Both times in motorway service stations {an anecdote that Peel would trot out endlessly}. So, unless "Singled Out" was recorded secretly at an M6 Little Chef...

What a f***ing bitter little c***. ...and what a pile of rubbish. John Peel broke damn near EVERY band on that vanilla island for over a quarter century. HIS engineer. HIS show.

Dunno what happened at the roundabout. Maybe Uncle Fester cornered him in a bathroom and Captain Cashmere couldn’t deal with the rejection?

I agree with Moz - except - there is something quite cute & fascinating about how fake Prince is. And a bit of funk is fun.

Prince was fake? Yes and Melvis is real with his complex mixture of veganism, racism, Latino pandering, vague sexuality, Kerrygold and cashmere. ...plus the Mini and bumper sticker.

Get a tiny grip, Karen.

Prince was fake? Yes and Melvis is real with his complex mixture of veganism, racism, Latino pandering, vague sexuality, Kerrygold and cashmere. ...plus the Mini and bumper sticker.

Get a tiny grip, Karen.

Ffs - look at the Prince video & tell me whether you think it's social realism or a romantic fantasy.

I'm talking about Prince's art & not your bizarre obsession with Moz's dietary habits & sex life.

I have no idea who that is - but didn't pop stars always bitch about their rivals in the olden days?

It's not really as viable now because they get more traction from each other's platforms & tea is a dangerous business.

Synth pop guy who may have seen Prince’s increasing use of guitars on Purple Rain (as opposed to 1999) as selling out. His big hits are What is Love and Things Can Only Get Better.

Synth pop guy who may have seen Prince’s increasing use of guitars on Purple Rain (as opposed to 1999) as selling out. His big hits are What is Love and Things Can Only Get Better.

I'll YouTube him. Thanks.

I love how Morrissey was able to accurately describe his future self, when describing Prince in 1985. "Laughably overrated"..."Very fake"..."Very Hollywood."
("Virtually sleeping through the climatic ending", yes, his younger boyfriends all say he's still doing that. No evolution there.)

John Peel I've heard of (sounds like a right dick here) but Howard who? Oh, the what is looooooove, anyway guy?
... Asked for his opinion?
... On Prince's guitars?
Sure, okay. :lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom