Morrissey Central "OUR ONE TRUE PRINCE" (July 12, 2020)

Screenshot_20200712-162535.jpg

(Full interview link & archive article here at the time - see below).
FWD.

Related items:

Corporations & people who get promoted into positions of power.

And the big nose line comes from the phrase sticking your nose in - which means gossiping & interfering.
Who runs those record labels? "People" with tiny hats. This is a fact. Prince and Morrissey knew what was up. Mel Gibson too

My favourite ancedotes about Prince are that he refused to duet on Bad because he'd have to sing 'your butt is mine' & he deliberately hit Michael Jackson in the face with his guitar at an awards ceremony.

Who runs those record labels? "People" with tiny hats. This is a fact. Prince and Morrissey knew what was up. Mel Gibson too

Oh, just bollocks.

Some artists have fallen back on nasty racist jibes when they're pissed off at an executive who happens to be Jewish or because that's their explanation for the industry not being easy.

Now they can flog product from their bedrooms they're probably realising how hard it is & all the shitty commercial songs they despised actually generated the money companies could spend on prestige acts.

Oh, just bollocks.

Some artists have fallen back on nasty racist jibes when they're pissed off at an executive who happens to be Jewish or because that's their explanation for the industry not being easy.

Now they can flog product from their bedrooms they're probably realising how hard it is & all the shitty commercial songs they despised actually generated the money companies could spend on prestige acts.
"Happens to be Jewish" lol
YeG strange that people who make up a total of 2% of the world's population are so saturated in Hollywood/Music industry. Just a coincidence huh

"Happens to be Jewish" lol
YeG strange that people who make up a total of 2% of the world's population are so saturated in Hollywood/Music industry. Just a coincidence huh

No, Bozo. It's because these were not prestige industries so minority groups could get jobs in them. And you're more likely to work in an industry your family has connections with.

People in showbiz still get asked when they're getting a real job - even if they're doing well.

No, Bozo. It's because these were not prestige industries so minority groups could get jobs in them. And you're more likely to work in an industry your family has connections with.

People in showbiz still get asked when they're getting a real job - even if they're doing well.
I like the mental gymnastics here to explain away what some would call nepotism but obviously deeper than that. It's kosher business

Prince did everything by himself from the writing & producing while being an amazing singer & performer

The only thing Moz has going is his already peaked songwriting and awful live vocals

hey i live in florida and i have an exceptionally stretchy butt, can i be ur friend?

I like the mental gymnastics here to explain away what some would call nepotism but obviously deeper than that. It's kosher business

I'm not in denial about nepotism - everyone knows the hardest bit is getting your first contact & then you build a network from there. My biggest break was my friend going to Cambridge.

Everyone hates celebrity spawns with a passion.

The hack Julie Burchill used to think the London media was run by Scots & gays & used to BITTERLY call them Jocko L'Homos.

Which was funny.

Thread is incomplete without:

"I heard George Michael's 'I Want Your Sex' quite recently in the car. I wasn't deeply impressed. I thought it sounded like Ponce, I mean Prince."
"For me Prince conveys nothing. The fact that he's successful in America is interesting simply because he's mildly fey and that hasn't happened before there. Boy George, again I think he really doesn't say anything either."
--June 1986
"If Prince came from Wigan he would have been slaughtered by now."
--Oct. 1986

Here is Morrissey, back on an 1885 radiogramme with John Peel & Howard Jones, on "Let's Go Crazy" (spoiler ~ he's not crazy about it}

{context ~ Prince had just made an infamous appearance at the BPI awards flanked by 2 huge minders and treated everybody there with disdain, and got alot of publicity for it}

*NB ~ According to "Autobiography", Morrissey, in an attempt to downplay the status of John Peel as 'discovering' The Smiths ~ he insists it was John Walters {Peel's radio producer} not Peel who was the more instrumental ~ states that he only ever met JP twice in his life. Both times in motorway service stations {an anecdote that Peel would trot out endlessly}. So, unless "Singled Out" was recorded secretly at an M6 Little Chef...

Howard Jones criticising Prince, his guitar and defining what rock n roll is. I saw HoJo in concert and it was fun but yikes.

Both are talented artists. Now that the "Cancel Culture" mob is itself under siege and getting push-back, I believe Moz will once again have the air play he desperately needs and will not have to contend with being shunned in a music industry that is the epitome of hypocrisy.

Both are talented artists. Now that the "Cancel Culture" mob is itself under siege and getting push-back, I believe Moz will once again have the air play he desperately needs and will not have to contend with being shunned in a music industry that is the epitome of hypocrisy.
Morrissey has never gotten airplay. He has lamented his failures and shortcomings in the charts since the earliest days of The Smiths. It has nothing to do with cancel culture or mobs or anything like that.

Oh I don’t know !!!! We used to have regular correspondence on this site until all of a sudden he went very quiet... now he’s back with a bang...I’m just curious as to how many swear words and insults he can manage to cram into a single post....

Fair play: Baz.

Howard Jones criticising Prince, his guitar and defining what rock n roll is. I saw HoJo in concert and it was fun but yikes.

Was Jed good?

“If Ponce (Prince) came from Wigan he would have been slaughtered by now.”
Morrissey 1986

Sign of the Times was the first album (double) Prince had done since dissolving his old band The Revolution. It was dangerous that Johnny was so concerned with it. Careful Johnny. Whoops.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom