Morrissey Central "OUR FRANKLY" (September 3, 2022)

Ah, maybe chill out a little?
I'll take some clumsy and cute covers from youtubers over the highly polished grandeur of mostly god awful covers we've had over the years. I have absolutely no interest in hearing Morrissey's words from a singer who has no idea what they're singing. To me it's more authentic to hear a fan sing a Morrissey/Smiths song albeit rough and raw.
I'm not against the You Tube clips. You Tube is great for losing yourself down a rabbit hole of music and peripheral pleasures. I am against Sam or whoever it is posting YouTube sub standard links to Moz Central. I suspect he feeds Moz whatever pills he's on while he fills his days posting absolute bollox rubbish.

Any news on the release of Bonfire?
Official release date Saturday November 5th 2022. Comes with a mini bottle of petrol and a single match. Deluxe version includes old car tyre and lighter fluid.

Bonfire-Night-1.jpg

Ah, maybe chill out a little?
I'll take some clumsy and cute covers from youtubers over the highly polished grandeur of mostly god awful covers we've had over the years. I have absolutely no interest in hearing Morrissey's words from a singer who has no idea what they're singing. To me it's more authentic to hear a fan sing a Morrissey/Smiths song albeit rough and raw.
Mate, I'm chilled as can be. I'm actually sat here smocking a big joint. If I was anymore chill id be a f***ing Polar bear .

To clear something up. Often when im on here, which is far from every day. Its usually when im either waiting for a client at work ,when my daughter has a tv show /film i do not like on TV
or when im at home, listening to M and getting my high on .
Im not on hete to piss people off and shif like that. Im not a hater .

I am never "shocked " or "angry " by M or anything anyone says on here .
I don't ever feel "let down " by M either.
He is who he is. He has done well
The issue I have with stuff is mainly I think M could do better- in terns of the players in the band and his lyrics and his covers . His art .
but what the f*** ever .
Who am I to judge ?

The point here is I think he deserves to be respected and considered Important. I think he is one the best ever .
I think his music is balls to the floor brilliant. I think live when he is on form he pisses over all of em - yes including Bowie , Suede and the Stone Roses and Joy Division.

But he is doing himself and the fans a disservice by selling himself short with Fonia and this BS by Gary Barlow, his nephew

He isn't gonna get a record deal with this stuff and its pointless. The covers are crap. Most music acts have fans who do covers, so its hardly special .

I think the killers and other big acts are just as much "real fans " as these everyday people .
Most people who cover
Smiths or M songs do so as fans. They would get more cred and a bigger audience covering other songs by other acts

Enjoy your weekend

I'm not against the You Tube clips. You Tube is great for losing yourself down a rabbit hole of music and peripheral pleasures. I am against Sam or whoever it is posting YouTube sub standard links to Moz Central. I suspect he feeds Moz whatever pills he's on while he fills his days posting absolute bollox rubbish.
Yeah It doesn't bother me at all what gets posted on Moz Central. I really couldn't care less who posts it either.

wee lassie was fantastic,absolutely word perfect and the mannerisms were spot on as well,she must have listened to this song a lot.

I’m connecting the dots for these ‘mildly bipolar’ posts and it could all mean that Morrissey is an inclusive, no barriers artist hence the “No Rules / Regulations / Restrictions” quote.

In a nutshell - Morrissey is the Princess Diana of musicians

P.S - if we’re talking fan covers, here’s a little beaut on guitar

Last edited:
wee lassie was fantastic,absolutely word perfect and the mannerisms were spot on as well,she must have listened to this song a lot.
The parts where she's not singing and waiting for the lyrics to kick back in are adorable.

The parts where she's not singing and waiting for the lyrics to kick back in are adorable.
The second one is the best in my holy opinion... especially when he looks at the camera at the important
Bits 😎

Isn't Frankly... one of those faded old tunes cowritten by one Johnny Marr, who is despised by the lyricist and many others here?

When she sings the "You are a flatulent pain in the arse" line and looks to her left (at her mother I'd say) and her eyes crinkle with happiness. Brilliant. That video never fails to make me smile and happy. I take it back: Sam posted a great link when he picked hers.

Honestly can't wait!

I hope I will hear it in at least one of the three shows I will be going to .
He did a snippet from Shankly a few years ago during Speedway. I’ve got Razzmatazz in Barcelona in my head but as it was sweltering in there that night, I could be mistaken; and it could equally have been Birmingham 🫠

These are all terrible. Remember before YouTube when the untalented remained hidden? Was nice wasn't it?

Back
Top Bottom