OT: When did Tim Booth quit James?

D

dcn

I just read a bit about his departure in one of the articles discussing the Move shows and his scheduled appearance. Wow, that is surprising. I also understand the band are to be continuing on without him? I always have a hard time accepting when bands play on without the accustomed singer. Just never seems like the same band to me and they many times would be better off using a different name. Oh well.

Ahh, first The Smiths, then Suede, now James (just to mention a few).

OMG! was it really back in '02? Have I been in a cave for that long?

> I just read a bit about his departure in one of the articles discussing
> the Move shows and his scheduled appearance. Wow, that is surprising. I
> also understand the band are to be continuing on without him? I always
> have a hard time accepting when bands play on without the accustomed
> singer. Just never seems like the same band to me and they many times
> would be better off using a different name. Oh well.

> Ahh, first The Smiths, then Suede, now James (just to mention a few).

they did a farewell final performance at the M.E.N., over a year ago,
i have the dvd, i'm sure they did, i may be proved very wrong, i have
no faith in my own memory after years of cannabis abuse

yeah, I've since posting, read a bit about the whole thing. Still amazed that I wasn't aware of this. Well, actually I'm not so amazed. I do believe that the live cd that was put out came out at the same time as the dvd. Sheesh.

They were such a brilliant band at times but frankly they should have split up about 3 or 4 years before they did. It had turned into James by numbers in my opinion and stuff like Hymn From A Village was just a distant orgasmic memory and they were knocking out utter shit like Dancing Like Fred Astaire. Their live shows started lacking energy too which I never thought I'd say about James. Still at least we have brilliant new English bands like Busted to take up the mantle.

tim booth im is currently filming scenes for the new batman garbage, hes playing a villan

thats why he quit james.

Back
Top Bottom