Oslo - The Nobel Peace Prize Concert at the Oslo Spektrum (Dec. 11, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

People Are The Same Everywhere / Satellite Of Love / Irish Blood, English Heart

set list provided by an anonymous person and bikubesong.

Link with photos (2) posted by an anonymous person:

«Mangler bare at Morrissey setter seg ned i en saccosekk» - Kjendis. Photos by Stella Pictures. English translation via Google Translate.

978x.jpg

480x.jpg

UPDATE Dec. 12:

Video on YouTube posted by docinwestchester:

Last edited:
Now Morrissey is "disgraceful" and "embarrassing and insulting" because of his choice of . . . pants!?? Nobody really expected Morrissey to come out in a tuxedo and shiny shoes, did they? That would have really been embarrassing.

Has the community really denigrated to the point that Morrissey can't even put on his pants without creating an outrage? Maybe it's time we reassess our own lives a little bit. It seems the hangers-on would dictate to Morrissey what he can say, the songs he's allowed to sing, and now the pants that he can wear and we would all be left with a cardboard cut-out of Moz from 1994. Exciting.

Lucas

Embarrassing and insulting was in reference to the t-shirts.

Observations about the set...

Danes said Morrissey was there to sing for the victims of weapons of mass destruction. Kind of a tribute, then, to the fallen victims of the Oslo shooter, no? The weapons used are classified as WMDs, after all. Or am I giving credit here, when none is due?

Gay icon, Oscar Wilde, is paired alongside hetero Hustler t-shirts. Flying that bi flag. Nice effect.

Those pants are horrible. Worse than the t-shirts, as I had originally suggested based on looking at the photos.

IBEH sounded great.

- - - Updated - - -

"T-shirts and baggy sweatpants? Classless attire at a class act function. Embarrassing and insulting."

I read that as applying to both the t-shirts and the pants.

Lucas

Yes, go ahead and apply that to both. Just watched the video on YouTube. The pants are worse than I originally thought based on the photos.

Observations about the set...

Danes said Morrissey was there to sing for the victims of weapons of mass destruction. Kind of a tribute, then, to the fallen victims of the Oslo shooter, no? The weapons used are classified as WMDs, after all. Or am I giving credit here, when none is due?

Gay icon, Oscar Wilde, is paired alongside hetero Hustler t-shirts. Flying that bi flag. Nice effect.

Those pants are horrible. Worse than the t-shirts, as I had originally suggested based on looking at the photos.

IBEH sounded great.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, go ahead and apply that to both. Just watched the video on YouTube. The pants are worse than I originally thought based on the photos.

I know there actually is Hustler brand clothing (or at least used to be way back when), but are those actually Hustler brand shirts or just he usual random word shirts Morrissey makes his band wear? Like I am assuming he didn't just walk into H&M and buy a bunch "We Hate Kate Middleton," "So-Low," and "Bully" t-shirts off the rack--so he must be having these made?

Am I the only one who thinks that he really did not sound that good--especially the cover song? I mean really; he could have chosen some of his gems, but perhaps he does not trust the clowns playing the instruments.

By the way, his outfit looked quite silly.

Alright, I just watched the actual performance. It was actually pretty good--Satellite of Love and Irish, Blood English Heart were particularly strong.

I don't know why he keeps playing The People Are The Same Everywhere, but in all honesty it wasn't as bad as I remember it.

How on earth can he expect to excite fans/record companies etc when he promotes this as the best thing he's got to offer after 5 years without a new release?

Excited fan here. \o/

The performance was awesome. For some reason he looks a lot healtier and fitter than 2 or so years ago. Good for him.

I know there actually is Hustler brand clothing (or at least used to be way back when), but are those actually Hustler brand shirts or just he usual random word shirts Morrissey makes his band wear? Like I am assuming he didn't just walk into H&M and buy a bunch "We Hate Kate Middleton," "So-Low," and "Bully" t-shirts off the rack--so he must be having these made?

That is what I assumed. But could it be just a generic word printed on the shirts? Could be. Maybe we will find out.

Pretty good introduction:

And let us not forget all those over the years who have been killed or maimed by weapons of mass destruction. They too must be remembered. And finally here his is… Morrissey.

I don't know why he keeps playing The People Are The Same Everywhere, but in all honesty it wasn't as bad as I remember it.

Because he wants to use the repetition to grind us into submission and believe that Jesse and his pitiful "songs" are somehow worthy of the Smiths and solo canon. Don't cave now. It's just not so until more compelling evidence is provided.

Thos pants are awful, seriously, he looks worse than Bono these days. He's wearing them because he is fat. He needs to hit the gym, I never thought there'd be a fat Mozzer. He needs to retire or get in shape.

Thos pants are awful, seriously, he looks worse than Bono these days. He's wearing them because he is fat. He needs to hit the gym, I never thought there'd be a fat Mozzer. He needs to retire or get in shape.

He is going to cringe when he sees the video footage.

Hustler brand? Oh he is hardcore now. From Playboy to Hustler. Are the shirts plants i.e. I like looking at glossy pics of naked women. Or I want you to think I do.

T-shirts and baggy sweatpants? Classless attire at a class act function. Embarrassing and insulting.

Agree completely. My jaw dropped open upon seeing the embarrassing, cringe inducing attire. Hustler t-shirts? Really? You couldn't make more of an effort for such an event? Tasteless and crude.

BbOxIrjIUAAWLtU.jpg:large

:eek: Are those really sweatpants? I'm in love.

No, those are not sweatpants...

They look like a dress pant with a wide leg - to the floor. I love them! I want a pair of my own! :p He looked stunning. I think he's colored his hair?

That is what I assumed. But could it be just a generic word printed on the shirts? Could be. Maybe we will find out.

Given that he had his band wear shirts that said "bully" and "thug" (I think?) Hustler isn't too far conceptually removed?

Who knows.

I don't know.

Re: ticket2175:Morrissey performs on stage during Nobel Peace... / Tumblr reblog

tumblr_mxnzue2X9L1s1ujuxo1_500.jpg

URL="http://ticket2175.tumblr.com/post/69729285355/morrissey-performs-on-stage-during-nobel-peace"]ticket2175[/URL]:
Morrissey performs on stage during Nobel Peace Prize Concert
Photo credit: Chris Jackson

Original reblog on Tumblr / more details...[/H

Amazing picture! He looks so handsome. :love: Overall I like the look, especially the bracelet, but the pants don't fit properly. They are nice dress pants but are just too baggy and long, still he looks sexy and well dressed. Morrissey has a thing for too big trousers as of late that i just don't get.:crazy:

I enjoyed the concert! All three songs were solid versions and it sounded great! I think congratulations are in order for Morrissey's triumphant return :thumb:

What was weird was that the crowd was so still. It looked like a lot of old men in suits in the front. This is probably standard for a Noble Peace Prize concert, but quite different for Morrissey! I think he may have been a bit uncomfortable with the unfamiliar vibe.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom