Oslo - The Nobel Peace Prize Concert at the Oslo Spektrum (Dec. 11, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

People Are The Same Everywhere / Satellite Of Love / Irish Blood, English Heart

set list provided by an anonymous person and bikubesong.

Link with photos (2) posted by an anonymous person:

«Mangler bare at Morrissey setter seg ned i en saccosekk» - Kjendis. Photos by Stella Pictures. English translation via Google Translate.

978x.jpg

480x.jpg

UPDATE Dec. 12:

Video on YouTube posted by docinwestchester:

Last edited:
But then why did Anthony not perform for this one-off occasion? Why take Matt back for one gig?

Anthony must be busy with his band the Bravery.

It seems Morrissey has to find a drummer when he decides to go on tour near future.

Last edited:
That was a class performance.. good song choice, band on form as always and voice sounding great.

The apparent politeness of the Norwegians in no way detracts from the awfulness of what he said. Until he has the balls to apologise it will continue to haunt him.
How does your position in the crowd affect his performance? If you saw and heard him isn't it down to him if it isn't the best you've seen him? The reason I ask is I remember, for example, seeing him doing First Of The Gang To Die on Craig Kilborn in 2002...

http://youtu.be/yBMWrm2eDTw

... and performing Sunny on Later... circa 1995...

http://youtu.be/OaStC04Ksic

And although I was 5,414 miles away and 36.9 miles away respectively I could tell he was absolutely brilliant on both occasions.

I also saw his 2011 Glasto appearance, which from 101.7 miles away seemed pretty awful...

http://youtu.be/ZBuTrxkff6A

Luckily all three of these performances appear on Youtube, so we definitely know they happened. Apparently. :thumb:

He doesn’t look haunted at all. Clearly he is over it and you should get on with your life as well.

Oh no - People Are The Same is just horrible. How on earth can he expect to excite fans/record companies etc when he promotes this as the best thing he's got to offer after 5 years without a new release?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

The pajama pants were a ridiculous choice and the t-shirts were disgraceful.
I can never recoup the eleven minutes I spent watching this lackluster performance.

Hustler brand? Oh he is hardcore now. From Playboy to Hustler. Are the shirts plants i.e. I like looking at glossy pics of naked women. Or I want you to think I do.

T-shirts and baggy sweatpants? Classless attire at a class act function. Embarrassing and insulting.

Nicely said. I never thought I'd see the day that Morrissey would commit such an embarassing fashion faux-pas. Bring back post-Quarry era Moz.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

The pajama pants were a ridiculous choice and the t-shirts were disgraceful.
I can never recoup the eleven minutes I spent watching this lackluster performance.

Well, it’s too bad the band doesn’t seem to have a say in what they wear onstage. Can’t they out vote him?

Well, it’s too bad the band doesn’t seem to have a say in what they wear onstage. Can’t they out vote him?

You only have to see Jesse Tobias' instagram to see Jesse and Boz wearing the Wills and Kate t-shirts and smiling/laughing. Do you really think Matt would have come back if the t-shirts were a big issue? If you've taken the time to read Autobiography, the whole band get rave reviews from Moz, and I really struggle to understand why people view the t-shirts, Boz's 'Gaynor Tension' dress-up, and other things as a part of some tyrannical Morrissey regime.

Off topic: I loved the pants, which certainly weren't sweatpants.

Now Morrissey is "disgraceful" and "embarrassing and insulting" because of his choice of . . . pants!?? Nobody really expected Morrissey to come out in a tuxedo and shiny shoes, did they? That would have really been embarrassing.

Has the community really denigrated to the point that Morrissey can't even put on his pants without creating an outrage? Maybe it's time we reassess our own lives a little bit. It seems the hangers-on would dictate to Morrissey what he can say, the songs he's allowed to sing, and now the pants that he can wear and we would all be left with a cardboard cut-out of Moz from 1994. Exciting.

Lucas

Now Morrissey is "disgraceful" and "embarrassing and insulting" because of his choice of . . . pants!?? Nobody really expected Morrissey to come out in a tuxedo and shiny shoes, did they? That would have really been embarrassing.

Has the community really denigrated to the point that Morrissey can't even put on his pants without creating an outrage? Maybe it's time we reassess our own lives a little bit. It seems the hangers-on would dictate to Morrissey what he can say, the songs he's allowed to sing, and now the pants that he can wear and we would all be left with a cardboard cut-out of Moz from 1994. Exciting.

Lucas

I already said I loved the pants.

You only have to see Jesse Tobias' instagram to see Jesse and Boz wearing the Wills and Kate t-shirts and smiling/laughing. Do you really think Matt would have come back if the t-shirts were a big issue? If you've taken the time to read Autobiography, the whole band get rave reviews from Moz, and I really struggle to understand why people view the t-shirts, Boz's 'Gaynor Tension' dress-up, and other things as a part of some tyrannical Morrissey regime.

Off topic: I loved the pants, which certainly weren't sweatpants.

No, I didn’t think that. I just can’t imagine Boz would wear such a tight fitting and uncomfortable shirt onstage by his own choice and like it. And yes, I took the time to read the book. thank you.

Who ever mixed up the 'Moz' & 'Boz' labelled trousers in the dressing room might be for it later...
;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom