origination of picture

.X.

hello everyone.
while watching the video of everyday is like sunday, morrissey is seen through a telescope towards the end of the video. anyone know where i can find or know where the pic came from? the one on his shirt.
thanks.

OK, so this is just from memory but isn't the pic on his shirt simply a pic of the girl in the video? I might be completely wrong, haven't watched it in some time.

i dont think its the young girl from his video.
the photo looks pretty vintage.:confused:

OK, so this is just from memory but isn't the pic on his shirt simply a pic of the girl in the video? I might be completely wrong, haven't watched it in some time.

Yes, in the video Morrissey's wearing a T-shirt with the girl's picture.

Nope, it's her:

girlysunday.jpg
girly2.jpg

So, my memory serves me right for once. I always get depressed watching that video, the record store plastered with EILS fly posters and I don't have one:(

seems like her, but i am still not convinced. :D

It seems like her because it is her. Note the identical face and hairstyle which is a give away.

I'm not convinced of the origin of your word origination :lbf:

Last edited:
It's a I'm a fan of my fans phenomenom.

She's in my basement "collected" btw.

I always thought it was a vintage picture and they cast a girl that looked like whomever that is on the shirt through hairstyle and makeup (I wasn't in England during that time period but would that hairstyle have been common??) Surprised Kewpie didn't link to the previous "where is the actress now" thread.

It's a great video, anyway. Really defines an era.

It is Lucette Henderson's photograph on the tee shirt.

I remember reading an interview with her in Smiths Indeed-the Smiths semi-official fanzine.

The fanzine recruited the people who were in the I Started Something video by asking you to send your photo presumably for Moz or the director to peruse.
Lucette Henderson was one of the people chosen.

Apparently out of the blue sometime later she got the call to ask her to be in the Everday video. She said she met Moz briefly (obviously he's not in the video much) and he alluded to the fact that when she saw the finished clip there would be a nice surprise for her. When she filmed the part where she looks through the telescope she didn't know what would be edited in. Obviously Morrissey wearing the tee shirt with her face on it was the surprise.

I think I have the facts straight as I've not read the article for about 10 years. Nice story though.

It is Lucette Henderson's photograph on the tee shirt.

I remember reading an interview with her in Smiths Indeed-the Smiths semi-official fanzine.

The fanzine recruited the people who were in the I Started Something video by asking you to send your photo presumably for Moz or the director to peruse.
Lucette Henderson was one of the people chosen.

Apparently out of the blue sometime later she got the call to ask her to be in the Everday video. She said she met Moz briefly (obviously he's not in the video much) and he alluded to the fact that when she saw the finished clip there would be a nice surprise for her. When she filmed the part where she looks through the telescope she didn't know what would be edited in. Obviously Morrissey wearing the tee shirt with her face on it was the surprise.

I think I have the facts straight as I've not read the article for about 10 years. Nice story though.

You are right on point! I had no idea that there was ever a question of who was on the t shirt? It's a pretty clear pic on the shirt isn't it? Moz wearing a t shirt with a fan on it is very cool :D

Googled Lucette Henderson and only came up with a couple of things.

There's an art teacher in Lancashire by the same name. Quite like the idea of her as an art teacher: there's a certain dowdy romanticism to it.

Also art-related is this portrait by Christian Furr from 1993. Might be her, might not. Quite an unusual name, though. Let the conjecture begin.

Googled Lucette Henderson and only came up with a couple of things.

There's an art teacher in Lancashire by the same name. Quite like the idea of her as an art teacher: there's a certain dowdy romanticism to it.

Also art-related is this portrait by Christian Furr from 1993. Might be her, might not. Quite an unusual name, though. Let the conjecture begin.

I googled her too and came up with photos and portraits, mostly. (And posts on solo.) I'd love to think she became an art teacher! That portrait looks quite like her.

I googled her too and came up with photos and portraits, mostly. (And posts on solo.) I'd love to think she became an art teacher! That portrait looks quite like her.

The more I look at the portrait, the more I think it's her. Maybe I just want it to be her.

Plus, I don't know, but she kind of looks like an art teacher.

I have this terrible habit of constructing narratives from the flimsiest of material.

Verified in Mozipedia: "The closing scene where Morrissey is spied through a telescope wearing a T-shirt of Henderson's face was filmed in London and tacked on afterwards."

So, my memory serves me right for once. I always get depressed watching that video, the record store plastered with EILS fly posters and I don't have one:(
Same here mikael. I've been searching for years. Why is it so hard to get hold of these ? I've managed to collect virtually every other solo fly poster, but 'EILS' is the one I've always wanted the most. They never seem to show up on e-bay. :(

Back
Top Bottom