Ordinary Boys' Preston exposes himself as the fraud that he is

spleenhead

Yes, I am spleen
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a169716/preston.html

The Ordinary Boys had a loyal, sizeable fanbase. Are you sad to leave that behind?
"I really am, but I just couldn't carry it on. I was starting to pretend I was into all this stuff that I really wasn't into anymore. I don't think I was ever that into it anyway. We just got given a stamp and we tried to live up to it, but we weren't even that good at it. I don't think you can do something just because it's the safest bet. Even though it's got me into trouble and maybe even ruined my life, I will always take the least likely option when there's two paths in front of me. I always choose the fun option rather than the safe, money-making route."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a169716/preston.html

The Ordinary Boys had a loyal, sizeable fanbase. Are you sad to leave that behind?
"I really am, but I just couldn't carry it on. I was starting to pretend I was into all this stuff that I really wasn't into anymore. I don't think I was ever that into it anyway. We just got given a stamp and we tried to live up to it, but we weren't even that good at it. I don't think you can do something just because it's the safest bet. Even though it's got me into trouble and maybe even ruined my life, I will always take the least likely option when there's two paths in front of me. I always choose the fun option rather than the safe, money-making route."

I am utterly unsurprised.

Even their "best" record (Over the Counter Culture) isn't very much more than a very weak attempt at mimicing his, supposed, heroes.

I never really bought it and as soon as I saw/heard him on Big Brother it was evident that here was a boy who knew nothing...about anything.

A dullard.

Kimura

He was a dullard, but I liked the music while it lasted.
Even 9 to 5, with Lady Sovereign was a hummalong classic in my shower!

I can understand that everyone likes different music & Preston has annoyed alot of people, but can we leave the nasty bitching to the likes of Heat magazine please?

The three Ordinary Boys albums were alright (except for the second one which wasn't) & their bass player was very good.

Back
Top Bottom